2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CC Sabathia regained ten pounds this offseason — “I lost a bunch of weight drastically, pretty quick, two years ago, and kinda was off balance and didn’t know really how my body was working,” he said — and received regular platelet-rich plasma injections in his knee over the winter. He threw his first bullpen of the spring and is “able to go 100% and not feel anything.” 

Via RAB. 

Some guys are better of fat.  David Wells lasted forever as a fat guy.

I'm so beyond pissed off right now. 

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1  12s13 seconds agoTampa, FL

#Yankees offered $25M with willingness to go to $27M which is same offered Jorge Soler who went to #Cubs for $30

Sox gave him $30 million, so we lost Moncada over over the cost of Esmil Rogers and Chris Young. The Yankees are committing to 12 million dollars this year to Stephen Drew (who we didn't really need) and Chris Capuano but walked away from Moncada for $3M?

• Another workout at the minor league complex for Alex Rodriguez, and this time he’s actually spending time with third baseman Chase Headley. The Associated Press filed several pictures of those two working together, including one that shows them side-by-side fielding ground balls from their knees at third base.

• Carlos Beltran is once again scheduled for a full day of drills and batting practice. He’s allowed to workout here because he’s technically a rehabbing player. If not for the offseason surgery, he’d be at the minor league complex with the other position players.

Afternoon bullpens

12:10

Nathan Eovaldi (Brian McCann catching)

Michael Pineda (John Ryan Murphy catching)

Danny Burawa (Kyle Higashioka catching)

12:20

CC Sabathia (Austin Romine catching)

Adam Warren (Francisco Arcia catching)

Jared Burton (Trent Garrison catching)

• Batting practice:

Group 1

Francisco Arcia

Trent Garrison

Kyle Higashioka

Eddy Rodriguez

Gary Sanchez

Group 2

Brian McCann

John Ryan Murphy

Austin Romine

Carlos Beltran

• Another workout at the minor league complex for Alex Rodriguez, and this time he’s actually spending time with third baseman Chase Headley. The Associated Press filed several pictures of those two working together, including one that shows them side-by-side fielding ground balls from their knees at third base.

Riveting stuff. 

Yanks are praying for an injury so the insurance kicks in and they can be done once and for all with this guy.

Riveting stuff.

Yanks are praying for an injury so the insurance kicks in and they can be done once and for all with this guy.

And they're making it obvious that they are indeed against him. As a fan, I hope this guy comes back with a vengeance. Chances of that happening are minimal though.

The Yankees might not have an experienced closer on their roster, but they do have one in camp.

Andrew Bailey is back with the Yankees on a minor league contract. He threw a bullpen this afternoon, and said he no longer thinks of himself as a rehab pitcher just trying to get healthy. He sees himself as a legitimate reliever trying to make the big league roster.

Bailey.jpg“One hundred percent,” Bailey said. “I came in and spent the offseason training, working as I would if I played last year. The doctor gave me 18, 24 months (to be healthy after surgery), and we’re in that 18th, 19th month. Everyone around here, training staff, coaches and strength and conditioning have all kind of (treated it as if) I’m a normal guy with some needs. Hopefully we get rid of those needs. Everything feels great. I’m with the team and doing everything as I would normally, and if I need a little extra work here or there, that’s fine too. I’m here to compete and earn a spot.”

Via Chad Jennings

Chris Capuano, David Carpenter, Chase Whitley, and Bryan Mitchell all threw live batting practice while CC Sabathia, Andrew Bailey, Dellin Betances, Scott Baker, Michael Pineda, and Adam Warren were among those to throw bullpen sessions. The catchers all hit and Carlos Beltran went through a full workout. Beltran is allowed to work out on the main field before position players report because he’s coming off offseason surgery.

Ivan Nova threw his third bullpen as part of his rehab from Tommy John surgery. He threw 25 pitches, all fastballs, and will likely throw one more all fastballs bullpen before starting to incorporate changeups. Breaking balls are next after that. [Meredith Marakovits] 

Chase Headley reported a day early to camp and worked out alongside Alex Rodriguez. He said all the right things (A-Rod isn’t a distraction, etc.). Alex said he has been getting support from teammates and thinks he’ll need 2-3 weeks to shake off the rust. Cole Figueroa and Chris Young has also reported a day early. [Jack Curry, Marakovits, Brendan Kuty] 

Bailey said he appreciates the team’s patience with him and he wants to make the Opening Day roster. Joe Girardi cautioned they still need to see him in games. Slade Heathcott said his twice surgically repaired knee feels great and he’s ready for games right now. [Jennings, Dan Barbarisi] 

Archived