2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

5 innings, 1 run. Really appreciate that start from CC. Yanks turn the ball over to Warren, who was supposed to start tomorrow's game. 

He has pitched pretty well in the second half, ERA about 3.5ish since the AL Break.  It's an adjustment, he is just a 5-6 inning pitcher now, trying to get more out of him is a recipe for disaster.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has pitched pretty well in the second half, ERA about 3.5ish since the AL Break.  It's an adjustment, he is just a 5-6 inning pitcher now, trying to get more out of him is a recipe for disaster.

Hopefully the knee brace magic holds up.

another loss and the Astros are winning. Max I am officially worried if they'll be a game at Yankee stadium on Tuesday. I have tickets so god knows I hope so...

There will be a game on Tuesday. I will be in 211. Go Yankees.

My lack of positing in here is because I really I don't like this team...  Yankees need a RH bat this  off season badly, maybe try and deal Ellsbury for one, if anyone's dumb enough to take that contract.

The Ellsbury and Headley contracts are gonna hurt. Ellsbury more. Headley was god awful this year, we just signed him to a 4 year deal. He had 20+ errors and only hit 11 home runs and .260 

My lack of positing in here is because I really I don't like this team...  Yankees need a RH bat this  off season badly, maybe try and deal Ellsbury for one, if anyone's dumb enough to take that contract.

That Ellsbury contract was bad when it happened, now it is beyond bad.

Shocking news, CC Sabathia is checking himself into a rehab for alcohol abuse. He will not be available this post-season. Sad end to an up and down season. Timing really sucks, he was actually pitching well. Wish him well, I have up most respect for CC for everything he's done for this team since he's come here.

Shocking news, CC Sabathia is checking himself into a rehab for alcohol abuse. He will not be available this post-season. Sad end to an up and down season. Timing really sucks, he was actually pitching well. Wish him well, I have up most respect for CC for everything he's done for this team since he's come here.

I didn't see your post, I started a topic on it.  I like CC the player, but come on.  The day before a one game playoff? 

I didn't see your post, I started a topic on it.  I like CC the player, but come on.  The day before a one game playoff? 

That is really odd timing. I know he needs to take care of what he needs to take care of, but guys in the clubhouse have to be thinking "wtf".

Unless the club pushed him to do this. I obviously know nothing in this situation. 

That is really odd timing. I know he needs to take care of what he needs to take care of, but guys in the clubhouse have to be thinking "wtf".

Unless the club pushed him to do this. I obviously know nothing in this situation. 

Unless he fell over in the clubhouse, I don't think the club pushed him to do it. 

Question, if he misses time in the season for voluntary rehab, does he forfeit his pay at that time?

Hope he gets well. Shame as he was actually pitching a bit better w/the knee brace on. I think he has the respect of the clubhouse....now TEX....that's another story.

Unless he fell over in the clubhouse, I don't think the club pushed him to do it. 

Question, if he misses time in the season for voluntary rehab, does he forfeit his pay at that time?

Depends what the CBA says. My guess would be "no", if he is the one to come forward. Just my guess and may be wrong

Somethings are more important than some baseball game.

Truth, as much as I want the Yankees to win, there are more important things in life for sure. I respect CC for owning up to it and taking the right steps in becoming a better man and father. Good luck to him. 

Depends what the CBA says. My guess would be "no", if he is the one to come forward. Just my guess and may be wrong

He gets paid.

It's a convenient way for him to excuse a horrendous season and avoid getting absolutely lambasted in the post season. It's an undiagnosable "disease" that no one can challenge him on. Now he can come back in the Spring, make the interview rounds telling everyone how he's cured and has "gotten his life back together". Maybe write a book during the offseason to get a little more cash.

Then go out and stink it up again next season.

Praying for a miracle that we can actually hit Keuchel tonight.  All I ask is they give Tanaka 3 runs.  Just 3 friggin runs.

I'm thinking the Yankees should start JR Muprhy and Chris Young tonight. Whether it's Murphy at 1st base ( which he's been working on lately ) or behind the plate. CY for Gardner or Ellsbury. What do you think?

I'm thinking the Yankees should start JR Muprhy and Chris Young tonight. Whether it's Murphy at 1st base ( which he's been working on lately ) or behind the plate. CY for Gardner or Ellsbury. What do you think?

CY for Gardner is a no brainer to me.

Archived