2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes baseball is predictable.

Better season than most predicted, but still a sour ending. Yankees need to make some bold changes this off season, and it starts with trading one of Ellsbury or Gardner. Gotta continue to add young players to the lineup.

Better season than most predicted, but still a sour ending. Yankees need to make some bold changes this off season, and it starts with trading one of Ellsbury or Gardner. Gotta continue to add young players to the lineup.

agree!! And I would think you would get more for Gardner ( contract ) so tired of this bully offense it puts up 20 runs for a game and then doesn't score for the rest the week , they pile it on when they do hit , its the only reasons the Statistics look good

Good luck getting someone to take either contract. Red Sox have the same problem with Hanley. 

Maybe it's because I knew they Yankees didn't belong, or because of the 1 game "play-in" as I call it, it just didn't feel like the Yankees even made the post-season yet, either way this doesn't hurt like a post-season elimination. The team played terribly for nearly 2 months, they didn't belong.

Yankees desperately need a right handed bat. I dunno who's available, but they need to someone. Aaron Judge doesn't look ready for the bigs yet.

not saying I like him he's overrated, but don't see cashman going anywhere  Hal loves him. I think he signed a new deal last year as well, bottom line if this team didn't get miracle years from TEX & Arod, would be a sub 500 team , if your the GM with the Yankees  with all theses resources that's not good enuff  you were blessed with the Jeter's,Rivera's of the Yankee world all Thoses years while theses guys got old never found the next wave of players. Free agents signing have been  average at best thus the team they have

Who in their right mind is going to trade for Ellsbury and that contract?

The management would never let it happen, but the Yankees would almost be better off sucking for a couple of years so that they can pick in the top 10 and add top flight talent to the organization. We can't raid other team's players in FA the way we used to and we don't seem to get the cream of the crop from the international players (except Tanaka) anymore either. 

The management would never let it happen, but the Yankees would almost be better off sucking for a couple of years so that they can pick in the top 10 and add top flight talent to the organization. We can't raid other team's players in FA the way we used to and we don't seem to get the cream of the crop from the international players (except Tanaka) anymore either. 

Too many professional hitters on the roster to truly suck. And there is no reason why this team can't get quality players into the system despite drafting in the lower tier of the first round, they must scout better. Yankees spent historic amount of money  on the international market last year, time will tell how that works out.

The moderate success the Yankees had this season didn't make them change course, they didn't unload any prospect, they will wait out these bad contracts while introducing young talent to the roster.

nobody.  We are stuck with this team for the next 3-4 years luckily the pitching is good but we rely waaaayyyy too much on the short porch in right field

The Yankees are still the Yankees.  If they wanted Els gone, they could pay him to leave.  Send him to the NL and pay 60-70+% of his remaining contract.

Yankees got unexpected years from A-Rod and Texeira - that kept them up in the standings the first part of the year. Second half A-Rod slumped with all the other older guys. The younger player Didi  actually did better

It's amazing how spoiled most Yankees fans are.  

Yep.

Not too many teams, if any, were beating the Stros with the way they pitched last night. Yanks struggled against lefties all season and last night was a bad match-up for them.  Yanks biggest issues were injuries and too many bats going cold all at once in the 2nd half.  Mets down the stretch are showing the same symptoms.

Next season will be interesting to see if the team waits for big contracts to come off the books or eats some cash in order to try and move one or two of them. 

How they manage Bird's playing time next season will be interesting. As of now it appears they have no choice but to rotate Bird between 1B and DH when ARod and Mark need a rest. Tex's RH bat is too important at the moment when facing lefties unless they sign someone like Cespedes during the off season which would force a trade of one of their outfielders.

Nasty (if not one of the best ever) back end of the pen along with Bird, Severino and DD were all huge bright spots this season so it's not like the team needs a major overhaul.

Yep.

Not too many teams, if any, were beating the Stros with the way they pitched last night. Yanks struggled against lefties all season and last night was a bad match-up for them.  Yanks biggest issues were injuries and too many bats going cold all at once in the 2nd half.  Mets down the stretch are showing the same symptoms.

Next season will be interesting to see if the team waits for big contracts to come off the books or eats some cash in order to try and move one or two of them. 

How they manage Bird's playing time next season will be interesting. As of now it appears they have no choice but to rotate Bird between 1B and DH when ARod and Mark need a rest. Tex's RH bat is too important at the moment when facing lefties unless they sign someone like Cespedes during the off season which would force a trade of one of their outfielders.

Nasty (if not one of the best ever) back end of the pen along with Bird, Severino and DD were all huge bright spots this season so it's not like the team needs a major overhaul.

I agree nothing significant is going to happen this offseason we're locked into too many big deals to do anything significant.  Beltran is off the books after next season and Aroid and CC a couple years after that.

Fortunately we have some good young players like Sevetino, Bird and Refsnyder.

Maybe it's because I knew they Yankees didn't belong, or because of the 1 game "play-in" as I call it, it just didn't feel like the Yankees even made the post-season yet, either way this doesn't hurt like a post-season elimination. The team played terribly for nearly 2 months, they didn't belong.

Yankees desperately need a right handed bat. I dunno who's available, but they need to someone. Aaron Judge doesn't look ready for the bigs yet.

They showed a stat, I think since Sept. 1st they were last in the AL in runs and slugging.

Archived