2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE, 1:30 p.m.: Wind carried a ball away from Polanco in right, and Refsnyder tried to get a triple out of it. He was thrown out at third. Hit the ball pretty hard into the gap, just didn’t get away from the fielder as much as he thought.

Brian Cashman believes recently-retired Derek Jeter should be the last Yankees Captain ever (Price, March 5).

Maybe for a while but if there's ever a player who really becomes the leader then I don't see why he wouldn't be named the captain.  It will be obvious to everyone who should be named the captain.

Steinbrenner's again deluted the whole thing when they named Munson the first captain since Gehrig. And then Nettles, Randolph, Gehrig, Mattingly, Jeter. 

Maybe for a while but if there's ever a player who really becomes the leader then I don't see why he wouldn't be named the captain. It will be obvious to everyone who should be named the captain.

Steinbrenner's again deluted the whole thing when they named Munson the first captain since Gehrig. And then Nettles, Randolph, Gehrig, Mattingly, Jeter.

Agreed. It's obvious the next captain isn't on this team and probably won't be in the next 5-10 years if not more. However to say they're should never be another captain is quite silly.

Adam Warren and Luis Severino threw their usual between-starts bullpen and Michael Pineda, Dellin Betances, and CC Sabathia all faced hitters in live batting practice. Everything went fine and those three should make their Grapefruit League debuts soon. [Chad Jennings, Bryan Hoch] 

Brian McCann, Carlos Beltran, Stephen Drew, Didi Gregorius, Chase Headley, Alex Rodriguez and Mark Teixeira all went through a full workout. Beltran remains on track to make his spring debut tomorrow as the team eases him into action following elbow surgery. [Jennings] 

Refsnyder had his right elbow wrapped after this afternoon’s game but called it maintenance and “normal fatigue.” As long as he’s not hurt, whatever. Brendan Ryan rode the stationary bike as he works his way back from a mid-back sprain. [brendan Kuty, Hoch]

The Yankees have two split squad games tomorrow but only one will be broadcast: the afternoon road game against the Phillies. Bryan Mitchell will start that game and others on the travel list include Teixeira, Headley, Drew, Gregorius, Greg Bird, and Aaron Judge. Chris Capuano will start the home night against the Pirates. [Jennings]

Sorry I've taken a few days off. With the free agent frenzy and Brandon Marshall trade/David Harris signing I've gotten distracted with Jets football.

Inexcusable lol j/k great job with this thread. its appreciated.

Maybe for a while but if there's ever a player who really becomes the leader then I don't see why he wouldn't be named the captain.  It will be obvious to everyone who should be named the captain.

If a baseball team really needs a captain, it should be on the players, not on the owners.

The Guidry/Randolph co-captains was just odd.

Archived