2015 New York Yankees Baseball Thread

Jetlife33

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't mean much.

But it's better than him hitting 180 and getting struck out every other AB.

It doesn't mean much.

But it's better than him hitting 180 and getting struck out every other AB.

guess soo, but no one should believe spring training success translates to regular season success. Pitchers are working on their secondary pitches in the spring, you see minor league hitters and pitchers, ect..

guess soo, but no one should believe spring training success translates to regular season success. Pitchers are working on their secondary pitches in the spring, you see minor league hitters and pitchers, ect..

Oh, I agree.  But even for that, it would be worse if he looked totally over matched every time someone threw a 89 mph fastball.  I have mixed feelings on the guy.  I don't blame him for juicing, everyone did, and ARod and Bonds really seem to be the lightening rod for it.

But.... his whole defense, and his blatant lying again and again...

At the end of the day, his legacy is damaged, but he paid his due, and is free to play again.  I also don't like Cashman, so it's kind of funny if A Rod can be a decent RH DH that the Yankees need, because every time he helps the team, it kills Cashman a little bit.

CC Sabathia, Luis Severino, Scott Baker, and Kyle Davies threw bullpen sessions while Andrew Bailey threw a simulated game. I believe this was Severino’s first bullpen since missing a few days with strep throat earlier this week. It was originally reported Bailey would pitch in an actual Grapefruit League game this weekend, but I guess not. Either way, he says he feels great. [Ryan Hatch, Mark Feinsand, Anthony McCarron] 

Ivan Nova is close to throwing curveballs in the bullpen as he rehabs from Tommy John surgery. He could begin throwing them as soon as Thursday’s bullpen session. Brendan Ryan (back) hit off a tee and was expected to begin taking ground balls today. [Associated Press]

Archived