The QB cryers

Jetster

There are a lot of fans on this site that pan any ideas regarding the QB.

I don't get it. Don't you realize the GM is working with the cards he's been dealt?

Some of you think there is QB hiding under a rock somewhere & they just haven't found him,lol.

The QBs available are all there is.

McCown? OMG NO!

Hoyer? OMG NO!

Bradford? OMG NO!

Sanchez? OMG NO!

Trade for Foles? OMG NO!

Locker? OMG NO!

Draft Winston? What r u CRAZY!

Draft Mariota? I'm not waiting that long!

It's a joke! I seriously don't understand why some people that post here even watch this team. Just do something else, rake your lawn, spend Sundays with your kids.

It's a f*cking game! such miserable bastards.

This thread? OMG NO!

Your one of the pessimists on this site.

I'm sure that's why you responded, you must have felt guilty of something.

But why don't you tell us all what YOU WOULD DO if you ran the team.

QB?

WRs? Who would u add

LBs? Free agents

Oline ?

CBs?

Please respond so we can dismiss all of your ideas as coming from a deranged imbecile.

QB?

WRs? Who would u add

LBs? Free agents

Oline ?

CBs?

Please respond so we can dismiss all of your ideas as coming from a deranged imbecile.

******* hell, somebody needs a hug.

QB?

WRs? Who would u add

LBs? Free agents

Oline ?

CBs?

Don't want winston, or really Mariotta.. Best case scenario by far that I've seen floated is the Eagles trade down, would take a shot with Foles next year and pick up best WR available @20, assuming one of top 3 are still available

I think we are more or less painted into a corner at QB, would prefer a young guy who has a chance to get better or stay healthy (Bradford, Glennon, Mallet, etc) over someone like McCown

I don't follow college football beyond the post season, but either way we need to grab someone in rounds 2-4 and try and develop them.

It's very likely to be ugly next year

OP is Flawed Reasoning.

No one poo poos ALL ideas.

We all simply have our own preferences.

I, for example, strongly poo poo the "draft Marriota/Winston" idea.

But I strongly support the "Veteran JAG #1, Mid-Round Draft Pick #2" concept.

Others think the reverse.

But I've not noticed anyone who is actually against ALL the possible options.

That would just be silly.

OP is Flawed Reasoning.

No one poo poos ALL ideas.

We all simply have our own preferences.

I, for example, strongly poo poo the "draft Marriota/Winston" idea.

But I strongly support the "Veteran JAG #1, Mid-Round Draft Pick #2" concept.

Others think the reverse.

But I've not noticed anyone who is actually against ALL the possible options.

That would just be silly.

Well I am hoping the Jets trade away/cut all first and second string offensive lineman and put T0mShane under center opening day

I agree with OP. Incremental improvement is better than none. Obviously holding out for perfection hasn't worked too hot for us. If we can get someone a little better, let's do it.

On a serious note, this. All this talk about greatness and franchise caliber...whatever. All that matters is he better than what you got? If the answer is yes, then you make it happen. Bottom line, end of story.

On a serious note, this. All this talk about greatness and franchise caliber...whatever. All that matters is he better than what you got? If the answer is yes, then you make it happen. Bottom line, end of story.

I think most people understand we need to upgrade and get the best QB we can - knowing he's not going to be star....but that QB is not going to win you a Super Bowl. The talk about finding a franchise QB is what will be required to truly compete for a championship...While this year we take what we can get - we do need a continued search for greatness and should keep trying - keep drafting QB's until you find one.  

Although at this point it would be welcomed, we can not settle for mediocrity.

Look at it this way jets are lucky that almost anyone is an upgrade so we should have better in 2015! :bag:

I think most people understand we need to upgrade and get the best QB we can - knowing he's not going to be star....but that QB is not going to win you a Super Bowl. The talk about finding a franchise QB is what will be required to truly compete for a championship...While this year we take what we can get - we do need a continued search for greatness and should keep trying - keep drafting QB's until you find one.  

Hate to say it but right now we are striving for mediocrity.

Maybe it's the OP who is the miserable one. There have been plenty of suggestions and opinions about various QB's to bring in and all posters express their opinions. I thought that's what this board is about. I think there has been plenty of good suggestions about our options at QB and of course not everyone is going to agree.

^ good advice for dating as well

Obviously...but the guaranteed sure shot franchise QB rarely happens.  Maybe 1 every 10 years.  So in the meantime, you upgrade the position anyway possible even if its slight and hope they turn out.  

The bottom line when you're a team like the Jets is, if there is someone available whether its via draft or free agency and they're better than what you got, you get that player and hope for the best.  

Obviously...but the guaranteed sure shot franchise QB rarely happens.  Maybe 1 every 10 years.  So in the meantime, you upgrade the position anyway possible even if its slight and hope they turn out.  

The bottom line when you're a team like the Jets is, if there is someone available whether its via draft or free agency and they're better than what you got, you get that player and hope for the best.  

It scares me that this has to be said. I operate under the assumption that this is indisputable fact.

It scares me that this has to be said. I operate under the assumption that this is indisputable fact.

plenty of fans would reject anyone who isn't "elite" saying "a year where you don't win a SB is a failure so why make small improvements if they don't get you there."

i define a successful season as making the playoffs. a fun season is one where Jets are in meaningful games until the end, whether they make it or not. what i am sick of is being mathematically eliminated by halloween.

Trade for Foles? OMG NO!

A trade for Foles may be the only reasonable option the team has. I agree with most of your OMG no selections, but Foles can be an effective starting QB. When you consider the other option is Geno Smith - which makes me cringe - Foles looks like a fine option. I would NOT give up more than a third round pick for him though. 

meh.. sometimes it better when the QB has the decency to just flame out rather then holding a franchise hostage for 7 years with tantalizing glimpses of just above mediocre sandwiched by terrible play and a curling that goes no further then single road playoff game upset .. see Pennington

plenty of fans would reject anyone who isn't "elite" saying "a year where you don't win a SB is a failure so why make small improvements if they don't get you there."

I honestly don't think anyone would say that.

What they would say is they perceive a superior option as either continuing development of who they already have (the "just one more year" defense) where your existing bad QB may be better than a newly signed JAG or risky draft pick OR signing/drafting an alternative player to the player being discussed (the "Don't draft THAT Guy, Sign THIS guy" defense).

No one, and I stress no one, says "it's ok we suck, I prefer not to try and improve at all at QB till the next Manning is available".

Archived