NFL Combine Discussion

Morrissey

Quinn coaches ATL, not JAX. I'm assuming you mean Caldwell.

At this point, we have to hope that some team wants to jump ahead of Oakland for either a WR (Cooper or White?) and trades with Jax. A lot will change between now and then, hopefully it falls alright for us. If not, trade back, don't panic.

I meant Bradley, goddammit. Gus. Bradley. All bald white dudes look the same.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see NFL simulcast of Cooper Parker and White, Cooper won the race.

Savage is former Browns GM,, he is a straight shooter.

I haven't, if that's the case I withdraw my lol.

Speed isn't really my concern with him, anyways. I think he's got one of the lowest floors in the draft, just not sure he's going to be the elite #1 guy. I've seen your posts on the comparison to Julio (I think it was you)...idk, we'll see. I'm far from an expert lmao

Speed isn't really my concern with him, anyways. I think he's got one of the lowest floors in the draft, just not sure he's going to be the elite #1 guy. I've seen your posts on the comparison to Julio (I think it was you)...idk, we'll see. I'm far from an expert lmao

Julio is more explosive, Coop has better hands imo. I have seen every game they both have played. I believe Coop will be the better NFL player.

I think the Raiders will grab Kevin White over Cooper. You think they both go before 6?

Hard to say.  

Winston, Mariotta, Leonard Williams and Cooper seem like the only 4 guys that you could lock into the top 6 picks. I include Mariotta because I cannot see any scenario where a team doesn't jump in front of us to get him. I think guys like Fowler, Ray and White will move in and out of the top 6 over the coming weeks. It's such a crapshoot, because you don't know which GMs are going to get boner pants for a guy, which are going to draft for need, and which are stupid.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Did-Amari-Cooper-run-a-faster-40-than-Kevin-White-35794229

Julio is more explosive, Coop has better hands imo. I have seen every game they both have played. I believe Coop will be the better NFL player.

Does he stay healthy? That's Julios biggest flaw, at least so far. Before that injury at the end of the MNF game in week 14 or so? he was on an absolute tear.

I did laugh a bit at the YouTube clip I saw on Twitter. The NFLN guys were saying Cooper in third when it clearly wasn't.

Does he stay healthy? That's Julios biggest flaw, at least so far. Before that injury at the end of the MNF game in week 14 or so? he was on an absolute tear.

I did laugh a bit at the YouTube clip I saw on Twitter. The NFLN guys were saying Cooper in third when it clearly wasn't.

Jones had foot issue pre-combine and it resurfaced again

Both are ELITE talents, I think Coop has longer career and I believe he will be better than Rice

Coop does not look like he is running fast, mainly because he is so smooth, similar to Ernie Els swingspeed in golf

You keep saying this. I'm not sure what you watched, but the simulcam showed Parker and White in a dead heat and clearly ahead of Cooper. You know he's the one without the dreds, right?

He's right, I was on him about it to but Cooper won. Either this time was slow or Whites was fast.

Jalen Strong is a Fitzgerald clone. Catches everything thrown to him. Very big hands.  Beckham and Strong are 1 and 2 in this draft with Parker right there for third. If Beckham would of played this year and not have the off field issues he is hands down number 1. Comparison to Megatron.  I do love Justin Hardy and had him rated 6 and a late 1st early 2nd but had to drop him 2 slots due to his size and 40 time. Smith is my 4th ranked followed by White, Lockett and Cooper.    

Ameer Abdullah. I have to go back into the draft section and find out who originally informed me about this kid. Im not even concerned about his 40 time, he's ridiculously athletic. His performance at the combine makes his game tape look even more legit. 

The Jets should draft this guy seriously.  

40 X for RB mean diddly

It is side to side that matters, Shiftiness rules

Jones had foot issue pre-combine and it resurfaced again

Both are ELITE talents, I think Coop has longer career and I believe he will be better than Rice

Coop does not look like he is running fast, mainly because he is so smooth, similar to Ernie Els swingspeed in golf

He's smoother, no doubt. I have always thought he could have a long career but man that's some lofty praise -- even if it is shrouded in a bit of homerism.

I'm screaming praises for Hardy just the same (though not to that level, obviously) -- just because we're touting "our guy" doesn't make us wrong. Kind of want to watch some of his gameplay now a bit closer. I've seen a number of them the past couple of years but not like you obviously.

He's smoother, no doubt. I have always thought he could have a long career but man that's some lofty praise -- even if it is shrouded in a bit of homerism.

I'm screaming praises for Hardy just the same (though not to that level, obviously) -- just because we're touting "our guy" doesn't make us wrong. Kind of want to watch some of his gameplay now a bit closer. I've seen a number of them the past couple of years but not like you obviously.

I am fairly objective Bama fan, I thought kareem and Barron were drafted way too high.

Milliner was rated as #1 CB, DJ hayden was #2 and hayden has not played well to date, Dee was very good at bama but it looks like

injury bug will be to tough to shake

Trent Richardson was the biggest Bama bust to date, Not the same player I saw play at Bama, maybe desire left when he got paid.

Mariotta reminds me of Alex Smith. I suspect you are looking at a similar career path too. He won't be good for awhile, but then will turn into a decent but not quite elite qb b/c he has such great intangibles.

His arm and accuracy looked better than what he showed in college. Its ok.

Winston reminds me of a slow Daunte Culpepper. Effortless throws with some mechanics problems but just a lot of talent. The ints come b/c of how easy it is for them and they;ll force it.

I don't think hes going to be a complete bust, but he will lose a lot of games for teams but with the right wr can put up big yards.

I dont think teams should spend top ten picks on qbs that aren't going to be a top ten qb in this league. Too much wasted time. None of the qbs this year are that player. Trade down or pick one of those awesome wrs.

This

He is a top 5 guy. Seen him many times and he is real good.

Not saying he isn't but when it comes to the draft Top 5 players are usually elite LTs, QBs and physical freaks of nature. Leonard's a great prospect but his combine numbers and body aren't popping like a Top 5 guy. I could see him going around the 10-15 range. That's not a knock on how good a player he is.  

Archived