Sign in to follow this  
Morrissey

NFL Combine Discussion

Beckham is the best receiver in this draft, like I been saying but because of off field problems and not playing last year will drop him but will still go in the middle of the first. Coopers time was good which was something I wanted to see and Agholar is moving up my list. Hardy ran a little slower time than I figured but his hands is where he makes his money. Diggs also is someone I have to go back and watch his tape. Sammie Coates is exactly who I thought he was as sometimes his hands fail him and he disappears n some games. The receiver that intrigues me is Chris Conley who was injured a Georgia but he was supposed to be a big time performer. He is really moving up since he was supposed to be really good but injury cost his position.   

Beckham= Josh Gordon

Coop at 31 huh  lmao

I said Cooper was 31 pre combine. I wanted to see what his 40 time was going to be. Since it was 4:4 he is moving up but he is not worth taking at 6.

Coop ran faster than Odell, is 2 inches taller and has same size hands, runs the best routes of anyone in this WR class.

You need to re-evaluate your eval skills mon

I don't think so. Been evaluating for a long time. I may be wrong some of the times but not many. Anyone that knows me, that I am pretty good doing this.  Do I think Cooper is a bad player? No I don't think that but I have a few receivers in my process better than him. Like I said in skill wise it is Beckham, Strong, Parker, and Smith are ahead of Cooper. I also like Lockett ahead of Cooper for what he could do in every aspect of the offense. Cooper and White have jumped over Hardy with their 40s and height. Hardy does have great hands but now we have to throw another receiver in the mix with Conley since he was a big prospect with Georgia at the beginning of the season. By the way no it all how many college game have you watched ad followed this year?        

Forget about the receivers if Mariota is there you need to take the QB. Without a good QB you don't win successfully in the NFL.

Mariota's arm keeps getting described as "adequate." I'm not in front of a TV right now. How dreadful is it?

He is beyond adequate. He is a 6:4 receiver who is fast and have a good arm.

David Cobb who I liked pulled his quad running his 40... tough luck

David Cobb is an NFL kind of runner. Watched him at Minnesota and he is a bruiser.

The WR and RB talent in this draft is solid. Use FA to rebuild the defense where it's weak.

I'd love it if we went Cooper in 1st and RB in the 2nd or 3rd.

Don't need RB in 2nd. Need a Cornerback at 2. Even if getting Cromartie still need another cornerback. Milner will get hurt again.

No more drafting CBs are you nuts we have wasted so many draft picks on CBs throughout the years NO WAY IN  HELL

Draft the right one. Anyone heard of a CB named REVIS we drafted.

Last great one we drafted all the others sucked

I would of never drafted Milner since the guy never stays on the field. I wanted and stated I wanted Desmond Trufant but wanted to move down a little and get him and pick up a draft pick. So what does this same GM do the next year but draft Mcdougle who also was injured in college and again doesn't see the field. Is this GM still here?

Can you describe your process?

My process is watching the games. Remember Alabama is loaded with 5 star players so all your attention can't be focused on Cooper. Their TE is a top 10 talent which opens the door for Cooper. Is Cooper an average WR? No he isn't but in my opinion he is not the best. He is a late 1st round pick at about 25 to 28.
  • Thumb Down 1

Mariotta reminds me of Alex Smith.  I suspect you are looking at a similar career path too.  He won't be good for awhile, but then will turn into a decent but not quite elite qb b/c he has such great intangibles.

His arm and accuracy looked better than what he showed in college.  Its ok.

Winston reminds me of a slow Daunte Culpepper.  Effortless throws with some mechanics problems but just a lot of talent.  The ints come b/c of how easy it is for them and they;ll force it.  

I don't think hes going to be a complete bust, but he will lose a lot of games for teams but with the right wr can put up big yards.

I dont think teams should spend top ten picks on qbs that aren't going to be a top ten qb in this league.  Too much wasted time.  None of the qbs this year are that player.  Trade down or pick one of those awesome wrs.  

The problem is you can't win without a good QB. Mariota is going to be good. When Kapernick came out nobody thought he was going to be that good.  He has digressed but I think that is on his decision making. I see Mariota not letting that happen and is a lot more gifted than Kapernick.

My question is.  Would you spend a number 6 on a young Culpepper or Alex Smith?  Yea, your team probably significantly improves over Geno or Sanchez, but you don't quite get to the superbowl either and you have 10 more years of angst.

Both of these guys coming out to the draft are better than Culpepper and Alex Smith when they came out.

Leonard Williams doesn't look like a top 5 guy to me. In terms of freak of nature. Not saying he's not going to be good, he just isn't paper popping nor does he have the marble build. Looks more like a 10-15 guy. Especially with some of the numbers these other guys are putting up. Jmo. 

He is a top 5 guy. Seen him many times and he is real good.

Fowler is going to fit in anywhere. He's a baller. I'm starting to really settle in on him mostly because of how I see this thing playing out but he will fit in. He can do it all. He's really fun to watch too. Good kid. Loves the game. Muschamp moved him all over the field. Incredible play recognition. Low bust probability. Mayock compared him to Justin Houston fwiw.

Just don't draft Gregory at 6. This year he looked bored playing for Nebraska.

I haven't, if that's the case I withdraw my lol.

Speed isn't really my concern with him, anyways. I think he's got one of the lowest floors in the draft, just not sure he's going to be the elite #1 guy. I've seen your posts on the comparison to Julio (I think it was you)...idk, we'll see. I'm far from an expert lmao

Jalen Strong is a Fitzgerald clone. Catches everything thrown to him. Very big hands.  Beckham and Strong are 1 and 2 in this draft with Parker right there for third. If Beckham would of played this year and not have the off field issues he is hands down number 1. Comparison to Megatron.  I do love Justin Hardy and had him rated 6 and a late 1st early 2nd but had to drop him 2 slots due to his size and 40 time. Smith is my 4th ranked followed by White, Lockett and Cooper.    

Ameer Abdullah. I have to go back into the draft section and find out who originally informed me about this kid. Im not even concerned about his 40 time, he's ridiculously athletic. His performance at the combine makes his game tape look even more legit. 

The Jets should draft this guy seriously.  

He will be a better version and comparison to Ahmed Bradshaw.

Jones had foot issue pre-combine and it resurfaced again

Both are ELITE talents, I think Coop has longer career and I believe he will be better than Rice

Coop does not look like he is running fast, mainly because he is so smooth, similar to Ernie Els swingspeed in golf

Better than Rice!!!  You must be his agent.

That's just crazy talk. Never compare anyone that has never taken a snap in the NFL to an all time great, no matter what the position.

It's like saying Trent Richardson will be the next Jim Brown,lol.

This guy is been drinking Coopers Koolaid.

I've narrowed my very informed wish-list here. In order of preference at the pick:

Round One: 1. Dante Fowler; 2. Amari Cooper; 3. Dump the pick on the Eagles.

Round Two: 1. Cam Erving; 2. Todd Gurley

I would not pick Cooper at 6. You under valuing the pick.  

Cooper is also plenty fast, he did beat White in 40. White has done well for 1 yr, can he do it every yr

Rather have Parker or Strong. They are better players.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company