Sign in to follow this  
Morrissey

NFL Combine Discussion

Beckham is the best receiver in this draft, like I been saying but because of off field problems and not playing last year will drop him but will still go in the middle of the first. Coopers time was good which was something I wanted to see and Agholar is moving up my list. Hardy ran a little slower time than I figured but his hands is where he makes his money. Diggs also is someone I have to go back and watch his tape. Sammie Coates is exactly who I thought he was as sometimes his hands fail him and he disappears n some games. The receiver that intrigues me is Chris Conley who was injured a Georgia but he was supposed to be a big time performer. He is really moving up since he was supposed to be really good but injury cost his position.   

Beckham= Josh Gordon

Coop at 31 huh  lmao

I said Cooper was 31 pre combine. I wanted to see what his 40 time was going to be. Since it was 4:4 he is moving up but he is not worth taking at 6.

LMAO

• Upvote 1

What are you a 10 year old!!!1

Coop ran faster than Odell, is 2 inches taller and has same size hands, runs the best routes of anyone in this WR class.

You need to re-evaluate your eval skills mon

I don't think so. Been evaluating for a long time. I may be wrong some of the times but not many. Anyone that knows me, that I am pretty good doing this.  Do I think Cooper is a bad player? No I don't think that but I have a few receivers in my process better than him. Like I said in skill wise it is Beckham, Strong, Parker, and Smith are ahead of Cooper. I also like Lockett ahead of Cooper for what he could do in every aspect of the offense. Cooper and White have jumped over Hardy with their 40s and height. Hardy does have great hands but now we have to throw another receiver in the mix with Conley since he was a big prospect with Georgia at the beginning of the season. By the way no it all how many college game have you watched ad followed this year?        

I watch plenty of college football , keep on typing

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I think that 4.35 makes him unavailable at #6. 

If I was the raiders I'd be all over this guy. 

Coop beat him in simulcast, so I am not sure which time is right

Coop is also 1 yr younger than white

Fowler pretty much killed today (4.61/1.57). Gregory and Beasley ran well, too.

Fowler or White at 6?  going to be a tough decision for MM/Bowles

Phil Savage @SeniorBowlPhil 

·   Feb 21   

On my @seniorbowl watch, best 40's from WR Group 4:

1. Phillip Dorsett 4.25

2. Mario Alford 4.31

3. Amari Cooper 4.35

Also LOL at the guy from Bama magically having Coopers time faster and the kid from UGA slower.

Did you see NFL simulcast of Cooper Parker and White, Cooper won the race.

Savage is former Browns GM,, he is a straight shooter.

Fowler is going to fit in anywhere. He's a baller. I'm starting to really settle in on him mostly because of how I see this thing playing out but he will fit in. He can do it all. He's really fun to watch too. Good kid. Loves the game. Muschamp moved him all over the field. Incredible play recognition. Low bust probability. Mayock compared him to Justin Houston fwiw.

Jets will get a good player at 6, prob will be White, I see Fowler and Coop going 3 then 4

I don't think anyone is grabbing Cooper over White at this point, especially the Raiders.

Speed , Character, Work Ethic and Route Running. How Did White do his Freshman and Soph yrs?

I haven't, if that's the case I withdraw my lol.

Speed isn't really my concern with him, anyways. I think he's got one of the lowest floors in the draft, just not sure he's going to be the elite #1 guy. I've seen your posts on the comparison to Julio (I think it was you)...idk, we'll see. I'm far from an expert lmao

Julio is more explosive, Coop has better hands imo. I have seen every game they both have played. I believe Coop will be the better NFL player.

I haven't, if that's the case I withdraw my lol.

Speed isn't really my concern with him, anyways. I think he's got one of the lowest floors in the draft, just not sure he's going to be the elite #1 guy. I've seen your posts on the comparison to Julio (I think it was you)...idk, we'll see. I'm far from an expert lmao

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Did-Amari-Cooper-run-a-faster-40-than-Kevin-White-35794229

• Upvote 1

You keep saying this. I'm not sure what you watched, but the simulcam showed Parker and White in a dead heat and clearly ahead of Cooper. You know he's the one without the dreds, right?

Just posted , coop won

You keep saying this. I'm not sure what you watched, but the simulcam showed Parker and White in a dead heat and clearly ahead of Cooper. You know he's the one without the dreds, right?

Parker was In last place mon

Does he stay healthy? That's Julios biggest flaw, at least so far. Before that injury at the end of the MNF game in week 14 or so? he was on an absolute tear.

I did laugh a bit at the YouTube clip I saw on Twitter. The NFLN guys were saying Cooper in third when it clearly wasn't.

Jones had foot issue pre-combine and it resurfaced again

Both are ELITE talents, I think Coop has longer career and I believe he will be better than Rice

Coop does not look like he is running fast, mainly because he is so smooth, similar to Ernie Els swingspeed in golf

Ameer Abdullah. I have to go back into the draft section and find out who originally informed me about this kid. Im not even concerned about his 40 time, he's ridiculously athletic. His performance at the combine makes his game tape look even more legit. 

The Jets should draft this guy seriously.  

40 X for RB mean diddly

It is side to side that matters, Shiftiness rules

He's smoother, no doubt. I have always thought he could have a long career but man that's some lofty praise -- even if it is shrouded in a bit of homerism.

I'm screaming praises for Hardy just the same (though not to that level, obviously) -- just because we're touting "our guy" doesn't make us wrong. Kind of want to watch some of his gameplay now a bit closer. I've seen a number of them the past couple of years but not like you obviously.

I am fairly objective Bama fan, I thought kareem and Barron were drafted way too high.

Milliner was rated as #1 CB, DJ hayden was #2 and hayden has not played well to date, Dee was very good at bama but it looks like

injury bug will be to tough to shake

Trent Richardson was the biggest Bama bust to date, Not the same player I saw play at Bama, maybe desire left when he got paid.

Better than Rice!!!  You must be his agent.

All of Coop's measurable are better than Rice and guess what they are not even close

Dre Kirkpatrick>>>>Richard Sherman

No Sherman is way better, Dre is getting better though

I don't understand where how this opinion continues to hold weight.  I sat down yesterday and watched every single Amari Cooper game footage video I could find...the guy has no flaws.  He changes direction easily, catches everything, is DANGEROUS with the ball in his hands, runs perfect routes AND is verrrry deceptive in his breaks, has blazing straightline speed, and has an insane workout regimen...what exactly is the problem? Are people doubting his "upside" because he doesn't have the body of Calvin Friggin Johnson?  Insane.  Watch the tape, it's legitimately hard not to love him.

FWIW...I was a big Cooper hater 3 short days ago.  I fell for all of the reporter hype about him not having a high enough ceiling.  Don't be me, use your eyes.

Yep at least now you get it, I have been telling everyone Cooper will be the next Jerry Rice.

Trae Wayans ran a 4.35. That should get him into the top ten and he has now entered the discussion. 

Free Agency will really determine what he do in this draft.

Can he play football, football is not played in a straight line

Appreciate your response.  I agree on the wide open remark, I took all of those plays with a grain of salt.  I also however watched every Kevin White video I could find...and I find his acceleration to be significantly worse on tape.  I went back and took a look at the combine numbers just to supplement that notion:

3 cone:

Cooper - 6.71

White - 6.92

Short Shuttle 

Cooper - 3.98 (best in combine)

White - 4.14

He doesn't change direction as well which is why I like Cooper more.  The way I see it that will lead to him being open more often on those short/intermediate throws which I value more for a young QB (whomever it is) than the guy who can just be a burner deep.  Lets be clear here though...I'm extrapolating a lot....everyone is.  I just happen to hold more value in receivers ability to change direction.  To each his own.

Cooper is also plenty fast, he did beat White in 40. White has done well for 1 yr, can he do it every yr

White ran a 4.35 and he is 6'3 219.  Cooper is 6'1 210 and they basically ran the same time.  White is a much better leaper, going up and attacking the ball at it's highest point, he plays with agression and can physically dominant his opponent.  He also has tremendous hands; making his share of one handed grabs. He is not the route runner Cooper is and that is where I think Cooper stands out the most.  They guy seemed to be open all the time.  I would take either one and not look back. 

Did you watch NFL simulcast, Cooper beat White and Savage did clock Coop at 4.35 for what it is worth

It's like people want to penalize Cooper for always being open and catching the ball with two hands.

Yep

Also Coop should be penalized for having 10 inch hands vs white's  9.25

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company