NFL Combine Discussion

Morrissey

I'm a Cooper fan, too. I just see White as being the prototype.

Agreed and I think you can't go wrong with either. Both will most likely be really good, the better of the two will probably be because of the system/circumstance they end up in. White probably has a little more "elite" skills and my guess is he's the first WR off the board. 

I am fairly objective Bama fan, I thought kareem and Barron were drafted way too high.

Milliner was rated as #1 CB, DJ hayden was #2 and hayden has not played well to date, Dee was very good at bama but it looks like

injury bug will be to tough to shake

Trent Richardson was the biggest Bama bust to date, Not the same player I saw play at Bama, maybe desire left when he got paid.

I'd like to think the same about myself. Was downplaying Carden in the draft forum well before the Senior Bowl and his atrocious day yesterday. We obviously don't get the level of prospects as you guys, though -- so I've not had the experience outside of CJ2K and maybe Linval Jospeh (but he's not an all pro or anything).

Richardson looks to be trying to eat himself out of the league. Really didn't think his career would go like this, I wanted us to land him I believe.

Ameer Abdullah. I have to go back into the draft section and find out who originally informed me about this kid. Im not even concerned about his 40 time, he's ridiculously athletic. His performance at the combine makes his game tape look even more legit. 

The Jets should draft this guy seriously.  

He will be a better version and comparison to Ahmed Bradshaw.

Jones had foot issue pre-combine and it resurfaced again

Both are ELITE talents, I think Coop has longer career and I believe he will be better than Rice

Coop does not look like he is running fast, mainly because he is so smooth, similar to Ernie Els swingspeed in golf

Better than Rice!!!  You must be his agent.

Btw, speaking of him...Hardy had the best 3 cone drill time of all players with 6.63, followed by Alford, Bell, Dorsett and Cooper.

3 cone drill is huge.

Getting separation is what counts in the NFL.

I bet you Edelmans 3 cone is f*cking nasty!

Better than Rice!!!  You must be his agent.

That's just crazy talk. Never compare anyone that has never taken a snap in the NFL to an all time great, no matter what the position.

It's like saying Trent Richardson will be the next Jim Brown,lol.

Imo, this is an exceptional draft class. Very deep and talented at WR, RB and DL. wish we had 12 picks this year....

Still we have a legit shot at getting a #1 WR and an elite RB this year with our first two picks.

Agreed!

Would love to get our Al Toon, Freeman McNeil combo!

Ameer Abdullah. I have to go back into the draft section and find out who originally informed me about this kid. Im not even concerned about his 40 time, he's ridiculously athletic. His performance at the combine makes his game tape look even more legit. 

The Jets should draft this guy seriously.  

He was a guy that just jumped off the screen when I had one eye on the combine stuff yesterday. That said, there were a number of guys that did this imo.

Yeah, definitely a guy who flew under the radar this year, can't imagine a ton of people knew about him. Probably had to really do some detective work to come up with all that game tape on him.

• Upvote 1

I agree with this. If he's there you have to take him. 

Then suck it up and sit him for a year though...

All this talk of taking an edge rusher.....I have 2 letters.    I.  K.  The position is covered!

If mariota is not there grab white or cooper.

Would luv McKinney in 2nd though if u going for a LB

He was a guy that just jumped off the screen when I had one eye on the combine stuff yesterday. That said, there were a number of guys that did this imo.

I like Abdullah, but the dude really seemed to be a letdown during the major matchups this year. It's one thing to torch Rutgers, but to go out and lay an egg when you're facing off against Gordon...I dunno. He can stop and cut on a dime but he seems awfully human when he's not going up against 3 star players.

I've narrowed my very informed wish-list here. In order of preference at the pick:

Round One: 1. Dante Fowler; 2. Amari Cooper; 3. Dump the pick on the Eagles.

Round Two: 1. Cam Erving; 2. Todd Gurley

I don't get the lack of concern on Gurleys knee

I've narrowed my very informed wish-list here. In order of preference at the pick:

Round One: 1. Dante Fowler; 2. Amari Cooper; 3. Dump the pick on the Eagles.

Round Two: 1. Cam Erving; 2. Todd Gurley

I watched a few of Fowler's games and I thought he had issues with guards.  In fact he was thrown around, turned around, and sat on.

Just sayin

No I don't think So. The trade is with the Eagles and includes foles or we use the pick. That's my opinion anyway

You're probably right, there has been zero talk of the Browns swopping with the Jets.

Cimini thinks that the Jets trust is not concerned with drafting either of the two big name qb's ... it's going to be interesting.

With the depth at WR, and the likelihood of being able to get a top 5 WR from this draft class with our 2nd rounder, I'm loving the idea of getting the best pass rusher of the draft.

Fowler, followed by the best WR in R2, and a RB like Duke Johnson or something like that in R3. Upgrade the secondary and OL via FA. No rookie QB is going to help us this year, so sign a veteran and cross your fingers that the strength of the team can carry the average-ness of the QB we end up with.

This is exactly where I'm at. Fowler, BAP WR, if Duke was around in the 3rd I'd cream myself with that haul.