Geno could be our guy

prime21

"Per Cimini, the "vibe close to the organization" is that new GM Mike Maccagnan isn't in "quarterback-or-bust mode." Smith finished 2014 strong and will be an intriguing match for new OC Chan Gailey's Pistol Spread offense, one similar to the system in which Geno played at West Virginia. Smith improved his completion rate, TD-to-INT ratio, and QB rating as a sophomore. His physical skills are superior to any free agent quarterback's."

My God it's such a long way til the draft. This could lead us to a trade down.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's probably right. Winston is the clear-cut #1 QB and selection in the draft, has been all season. Mariota is not pro-ready and will need a year of seasoning unless he somehow lands in Philly. I still take Mariota, because I believe he's better than Geno and any other QB we'll have the opportunity to select the next couple of years, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them pass.  

The only way we'd be QB or bust is if were Jameis was available...just get a good football player.

Totally agree. I think Geno does have potential. If he manages to win the job in the Summer, it will be the cross roads of his career so to speak. It is time to mature and stop costing his team games by making stupid plays. I recall the Chicago game as a perfect example. The first play in that game was ridiculous. 

I would rather add a star WR to be honest. Why throw out 2 seasons of suffering, I think Geno deserves at least to compete for the job, however, if we draft Jameis or Marcus, Geno will be riding the pine.

:suicide:

If you say Geno isn't the guy and then can't land a QB you are ****ed.

More accurate statement: Geno is the guy RIGHT NOW

He is not the guy. He doesn't have it. There wil be better options out there.

Just chopped off my thumbs with rage

Oh for ****'s sake.

Every one of you has been exposed.

It's ******* February, nitwits.

No one hated Geno more than me. But in the right system, with the right players around him I think he can be good. He looked an awful lot like Sanchez did in the end. I think playing for a coach who only lets the defense practice for two years can do that to a QB.

So we shouldn't discuss it at all? Isn't that what this was for?

OMG dude, I included you amongst several other posters I consider very level-headed, because I normally look at your posts that way. Don't have a ******* meltdown over being razzed. Or do. I don't care.

He's probably right. Winston is the clear-cut #1 QB and selection in the draft, has been all season. Mariota is not pro-ready and will need a year of seasoning unless he somehow lands in Philly. I still take Mariota, because I believe he's better than Geno and any other QB we'll have the opportunity to select the next couple of years, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them pass.

You take the QB at 6 if he is there. If Eagles call you and offer 2016 #1 and a 1st, Foles and 3rd in this draft I think you take it. If not let Geno & Mariota fight it out in camp

Not being in QB or bust mode means very little to me. If a team is in QB or bust mode then they're likely prone to making a mistake. Moving up means mortgaging the future on a huge question mark whether it's Mariota or Winston.

The Jets are in a good spot to stand pat, see what falls to six, and either fill a need - be it a QB, a pass rusher, a WR, or a surprise - or move down if the right opportunity comes along. Odds are very good that the best graded player on the board will fill a need - virtually guaranteed unless Williams slips. This is an important pick but if they have a good process it shouldn't be too complicated.

Archived