Browns interested in Mike Glennon

FTL Jet Fan

Looks like Villian might lose his guy, I would like us to sign Glennon also.

As per PFT

Mike Glennon

AP

In addition to taking a look at ex-Buccaneers quarterback Josh McCown, the Browns may also have some interest in a current Bucs passer.

According to ESPN.com’s Jeremy Fowler, who cited two unnamed NFL sources, the Browns have “sniffed around” Buccaneers quarterback Mike Glennon. Fowler also had reported that McCown would be visiting Cleveland this week.

The 25-year-old Glennon completed 117-of-203 passes for 1,417 yards with 10 touchdowns and six interceptions in 2014. He is under contract for two more seasons.

The Buccaneers are widely expected to take a quarterback with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, and this would seemingly relegate Glennon to a backup role. However, given his starting experience and his base salaries of less than $700,000 in the next two seasons, the Buccaneers could easily elect to keep Glennon as a skilled, low-cost reserve.

As free agency approaches, the Browns lack a clear-cut starting quarterback, with Johnny Manziel away from the club addressing personal issues and Brian Hoyer slated to be an unrestricted free agent. Any Browns interest in Glennon would be logical, but it would come at a cost, likely at least one draft pick.

Looks like Villian might lose his guy, I would like us to sign Glennon also.

As per PFT

Mike Glennon

AP

In addition to taking a look at ex-Buccaneers quarterback Josh McCown, the Browns may also have some interest in a current Bucs passer.

According to ESPN.com’s Jeremy Fowler, who cited two unnamed NFL sources, the Browns have “sniffed around” Buccaneers quarterback Mike Glennon. Fowler also had reported that McCown would be visiting Cleveland this week.

The 25-year-old Glennon completed 117-of-203 passes for 1,417 yards with 10 touchdowns and six interceptions in 2014. He is under contract for two more seasons.

The Buccaneers are widely expected to take a quarterback with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, and this would seemingly relegate Glennon to a backup role. However, given his starting experience and his base salaries of less than $700,000 in the next two seasons, the Buccaneers could easily elect to keep Glennon as a skilled, low-cost reserve.

As free agency approaches, the Browns lack a clear-cut starting quarterback, with Johnny Manziel away from the club addressing personal issues and Brian Hoyer slated to be an unrestricted free agent. Any Browns interest in Glennon would be logical, but it would come at a cost, likely at least one draft pick.

heartbreak149.gif

Seriously though, Maccagnan needs to do something. Don't go higher than a 3rd rounder, but dont just let the browns come in and possibly take our future like that. 

Would be better than Geno starting. I'd give you to Tampa for Glennon if I could find you. 

The hell you could. He's got a two day head start on you, which is more than he needs. RJF's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the grail already. 

The hell you could. He's got a two day head start on you, which is more than he needs. RJF's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the grail already. 

Dude, I haven't even left my couch. He'll come to me. Jason will be back, he always comes back. And I'll be right here when he does. 

matt-damons-fourth-movie-as-jason-bourne

How did I become Marcus?

He started 40% of their games and went 1-5. He was promptly benched when a guy who went 1-9 came back from injury. If that excites you so be it but I'm hoping for a bit more.

Yeah let's just ignore the fact that their defense sucked. It was all Glennons fault let's sign a winner like Jake Locker or Matt Moore

He started 40% of their games and went 1-5. He was promptly benched when a guy who went 1-9 came back from injury. If that excites you so be it but I'm hoping for a bit more.

He's started about half their games the last two years. He has five wins as a starter. They have six wins. Do the math. Glennon isn't the problem. The Bucs are the problem.

Tampa Bay, 4th worst in sacks given up. 1st in Qb hits given up. Sounds like their QB's never had a chance. 29th ranked running offense. The team as a whole is very bad. QB's part of it? sure but the rest of the team is trash.

But he had Mike Evans for 2 games dude

Archived