Woody leaning on Maccagnan to bring Darrelle Revis back

Morrissey

I don't want Revis back. Not because of how he goes to the highest bidder, it makes sense these guys have a small window, contracts are generally very ownership friendly, any of us would probably do the same. My main issue with Revis is that he's in his 30's, and he's gonna want a ton of money, and the Jets aren't a Revis away from competing. After seeing him win the Super Bowl in a pats uniform hugging Belilichick and Kraft, I never want to see him in a Jets jersey again, and for those reasons, I'm out.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way. This is the offseason for the big one. The whole world is flush. He's coming off a super bowl win. He's giving up a sh*t ton of money if he plays these next two offseasons year-to-year.

If I remember correctly, the cap jumps another $10 mil next year, too. He could go bang the Packers for $13 mil this year, then hit the Cowboys up for $16m in 2016. I think it's always been his dream to play for straight cash every year.

If I remember correctly, the cap jumps another $10 mil next year, too. He could go bang the Packers for $13 mil this year, then hit the Cowboys up for $16m in 2016. I think it's always been his dream to play for straight cash every year.

And Tom gets a Bingo.. :winking0001:

Thats the best way to do it when you work in a league known to be Not For Long. If you want him you better pay him. I've seen teams time and time again squeeze everything out of a player then throw them to the wolves. Its good to see guys like Fitzgerald and Revis get paid for their services. I found out a couple weeks ago that Larry Fitzgerald is the grossed the most amount of money as a WR in NFL history, and its cool that the team that drafted him paid him. With that said though, I still think signing Revis right now would be a poor move because it would pretty much be a short term deal when we're looking for long term stability. 

Id like you to find the exact quote for me. Thanks.

“Darrelle is a great player, and if I thought I could have gotten Darrelle for [what the Patriots paid], I probably would’ve taken him,” Johnson said, via the Boston Herald. “And it was our best judgment to do what we did. Darrelle is a great player. I’d love for Darrelle to come back.”

From the league’s anti-tampering policy: “Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media, is a violation of this Anti-Tampering Policy. (Example of a prohibited comment: ‘He’s an excellent player, and we’d very much like to have him if he were available, but another club holds his rights.’)” and the idiot said this two min after the jets pr guy said do not ask questions on  players on other teams.

You are no Jet fan to want a money hungry traitor back especially when there are other CBS out there.

who died and made you decider or who is or isn't a Jet fan? and isn't that going to get in the way of your terrible scouting reports?  

Archived