Jets Pro-Day visits Thread

32EBoozer

Good place to keep updated on all the Pro-Day work outs Jets attend.

This one garnered the Jets Director of College Scouting. Looks like a Day 3 pick.... but you never know. High motor guys are always good ST players and ran a 4.57/40. Not bad

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/3/3/8139763/jets-showing-some-interest-in-ut-chattanooga-olb-davis-tull Jets Showing Some Interest in UT-Chattanooga OLB Davis Tull

By David_Wyatt @DavidWyattNFL on Mar 3, 2015, 3:57a 6

Tony Pauline noted that the Jets director of college scouting was on hand for UT-Chattanooga's pro day.

I've seen Davis Tull play once, that's it. Getting my hands on UT Chattanooga's tape is as difficult as it sounds. However when you look at his credentials, it's easy to see why so many NFL teams have an interest. There were 22 teams in attendance yesterday during Davis's pro-day and the Jets were one of three teams to send their director of college scouting, it could mean nothing, but usually it means there is some strong interest.

For those who don't know Davis Tull, he's a 6'2, 246lb's rush linebacker that projects to the OLB position in a 3-4, obviously something we're looking for. He's a three time southern conference defensive player of the year and finished his senior season with 10.5 sacks and 18 tackles for a loss. He's a relentless, powerful, stocky competitor who plays at 100mph from the first snap to the last snap. He has some pass rushing moves and plays with fantastic hand usage.

However, he's played against inferior competition his entire career. I always say you can only beat the man put in front of you but the men who lined up across from Tull were generally poorer. His arms are relatively short and he can get tied up at times. He has played defensive end for UT-Chattanooga with very little experience standing up but will need to do so at the next level.

Apparently Tull looked very good in linebacker drills yesterday and ran a 4.57 40 yard dash.

He's an intriguing prospect because of his motor, technique and college production, the Jets are taking a good look as they should and if they see the talent and value for selection, then why not.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/2015-Pro-Day-Schedule/ec1d9a52-e507-437a-bee7-624ac7994b90

2015 Pro Day Schedule

Posted Feb 27, 2015

158 Colleges Over 38 Days Round Out This Year's Pro Day Calendar

With the Combine wrapped up and Draft approaching, the college football focus turns to pro days. During March and April, Jets scouts will travel to colleges around the country for another close-up of NFL prospects. Here's a look at this year's pro day schedule:

March 2

Minnesota

Tennessee-Chattanooga

Troy

Virginia

Wake Forest

022715-pro-day-article.jpg

March 3

Auburn

James Madison

New Mexico State

Northwestern

Pittsburgh

Sam Houston State

Tuskegee

March 4

Arkansas

Mississippi State

Purdue

Texas A&M

Weber State

March 5

Arkansas (Monticello)

Clemson

Illinois

Mississippi

Nebraska

New Mexico

Utah State

March 6

Appalachian State

Arizona State

Newberry

Northern Illinois

Southern Mississippi

March 9

Ball State

Grand Valley State

Montana

Northern Arizona

March 10

Akron

Alabama-Birmingham

Arizona

Army

Harvard

Kansas State

Kent State

Monmouth

Samford

Tennessee State

UCLA

March 11

Alabama

Central Arkansas

Cincinnati

Colorado State

Eastern Washington

Emporia State

Louisville

Marshall

Oklahoma

Rutgers

South Florida

USC

Wisconsin

March 12

Buffalo

Delaware

Fresno State

Idaho

Kentucky

Miami (Ohio)

Michigan

Oklahoma State

Oregon

UNLV

Washington State

Wyoming

March 13

Georgia State

Georgia Tech

Ohio State

Oregon State

West Virginia

March 14

Prairie View A&M

March 16

Bowling Green

Idaho State

Montana State

Toledo

March 17

California

Eastern Michigan

Richmond

Southern Illinois

March 18

Baylor

Boise State

Boston College

Charleston Southern

Georgia

Louisiana-Monroe

Memphis

Michigan State

San Jose State

Virginia Tech

Western Kentucky

March 19

Hawaii

Maine

Missouri

Penn State

San Diego State

Stanford

Temple

Western Michigan

William and Mary

March 20

Central Michigan

Harding

Valdosta State

March 23

Georgia Southern

Iowa

North Carolina State

Texas State

Texas-San Antonio

March 24

East Carolina

Iowa State

North Carolina

Northern Iowa

Northwestern State

Ohio

Texas

March 25

Central Florida

Duke

Illinois State

Kansas

Louisiana-Lafayette

Nevada

SMU

South Dakota State

Southeastern Louisiana

Tennessee

March 26

Fordham

Hobart

Houston

Middle Tennessee State

North Dakota State

North Texas

Tulane

Utah

March 27

Brigham Young

Louisiana State

Missouri Western State

Texas Christian

Webber International

March 30

Indiana (RB Tevin Coleman will have his own pro day April 15)<

Massachusetts

South Alabama

March 31

Connecticut

Florida State

Notre Dame

Stephen F. Austin

Yale

April 1

Florida International

Miami

South Carolina

April 2

Florida Atlantic

Maryland

Washington

April 7

Florida

Syracuse

April 9

UTEP

NFLNow.png

April 1 will be interesting when Miami Hurricanes have there pro day they have a lot of interesting prospects coming into the draft i like at least 4 or 5 of there players most in the later rounds

Yeah... they especially have some players that we can get Day 2. Dorset, Flowers(hopefully) Duke Johnson, Walford and Perryman

Those are the guys I have on my list great value day 2

I would love to see Maccagnan be creative with the #6 pick and add some additional picks to our stable of picks.

With an  extra 2nd & 3rd rd. pick we could really improve our roster this year.

Round 2 & 3 present some great value.

I would love to see Maccagnan be creative with the #6 pick and add some additional picks to our stable of picks.

With an  extra 2nd & 3rd rd. pick we could really improve our roster this year.

Round 2 & 3 present some great value.

This is true,but the only player i hear teams wants to trade up for is Mariota & if he's there at 6 the jets might want to keep him for there selves its hard to trade down in a draft if elite talent isn't there. 

This is true,but the only player i hear teams wants to trade up for is Mariota & if he's there at 6 the jets might want to keep him for there selves its hard to trade down in a draft if elite talent isn't there. 

In the draft, beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. Depends on how teams have guys rated. Say Jets have 4 guys rated 94, and the next 6-10 guys  88-90. One of our top 4 is still on board. Chances are, you keep pick. But if they are all gone, and a team below you, maybe 4-5 spots down, has  one of your 88-90 guys rated really high, you could have a match. Like Buffalo and Cleveland last year, for example. 

In the draft, beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. Depends on how teams have guys rated. Say Jets have 4 guys rated 94, and the next 6-10 guys  88-90. One of our top 4 is still on board. Chances are, you keep pick. But if they are all gone, and a team below you, maybe 4-5 spots down, has  one of your 88-90 guys rated really high, you could have a match. Like Buffalo and Cleveland last year, for example. 

True, i agree its preference but i dont see that 1 must have player in this draft like we had in previous others.

True, i agree its preference but i dont see that 1 must have player in this draft like we had in previous others.

Good point. The one I think meets your description is Leonard Williams.Assuming Winston goes #1, he's the guy I could see somebody trading up for.Maybe Atlanta?

Archived