Schefter: Bills Trade for Shady McCoy

CrazyCarl40

The Bills don't need a back, they need to fix their O-Line. McCoy isn't going to help them too much. I doubt he'll do much better than Spiller did last year. Their O-Line is just flat out horrible. You don't improve your running game by adding running backs. That's like trying to get the QB to throw a better ball by trading for a WR. It's two totally different issues. They should have traded for a good lineman instead, and then re-sign Spiller, maybe bring in a couple more linemen via FA/Draft and there you go.

Maybe that's exactly why they traded for McCoy? They don't plan on making any major adjustments to their average offensive line, and McCoy can create space with quick feet - he doesn't need perfect blocking to get yards.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe that's exactly why they traded for McCoy? They don't plan on making any major adjustments to their average offensive line, and McCoy can create space with quick feet - he doesn't need perfect blocking to get yards.

If Buffalo has no plans to throw the ball they may make a big push for Iupati.  Would be a good ground n pound fit.

Lol. I'm sure all the folks bashing Rex Ryan for this trade would be praising him up and down if this was reversed, and he had traded away LeSean McCoy for a LB coming off a missed season do to a serious ACL injury. Yeah, that's what would've happened.

Yeah! Take that, alternate-universe us!

If Buffalo has no plans to throw the ball they may make a big push for Iupati.  Would be a good ground n pound fit.

sounds like a perfect fit when you consider his familiarity with Greg Roman. He is a little banged up though, and one of the more expensive options...

If there's one thing a speed back like Spiller, McCoy etc. need it's great blocking.

If there's one thing a speed back like Spiller, McCoy etc. need it's great blocking.

McCoy isn't a speed back though, he is a 4.5 guy.

His lateral quickness is what makes him elite. Creates a lot of his own yards. He is nothing like Spiller.

They made the trade because Alonso doesn't fit Rex's D and they're not resigning Spiller.

McCoy isn't a speed back though, he is a 4.5 guy.

His lateral quickness is what makes him elite. Creates a lot of his own yards. He is nothing like Spiller.

Like I said, those guys need space in order to function. He's not gonna dance around and make people miss if he's not being given space/room to work with by his O-Line. Those guys become dangerous once they have room to change directions and put moves on defenders. If the Bills give him the same O-Line they had last year he'll have a subpar season.

Yeah! Take that, alternate-universe us!

Sorry, I forgot that the alternative universe is only for if the Jets had Russell Wilson, Rex would've had him returning kicks type comments. Thanks for helping to get it back on track.

Everyone is a relative nerd when compared to, "OMG Leshawnns gonna cost bufillo $12 kajillion hahahawrexdumbass!"

If he's willing to live in freaking Buffalo it's a good trade for both teams. Buffalo has plenty of cap space and this won't prevent them from doing anything they otherwise would. The Eagles, however, do need cap space and they need it now. Few (if any outside the Ryan household) think Rex is able to scheme an offense around a poor running game the way Kelly might have to (if Kelly needs to at all).

Kelly's defense is on the field more than any other NFL team's D. Also they suck. He could use a good, young, cheap defensive player in the worst way.

Likewise, the Bills could use a stud veteran RB worse than most teams. Solid defense, and the best RB under contract just turned 34. Sure they could draft one, and it may even be a better move for them. But they don't have a 1st round pick so they may not want to burn a pick on a maybe when they need a sure thing at the position.

To me, the biggest controversy in the whole thing are Eagles fans who love a star player of theirs, and in McCoy, who doesn't want to move to QB-less Buffalo. (Who does, really, with or without Ryan? If I was going to be dumped, I'd rather get traded to a team with a QB, or at least someplace warm, than someplace famous for record snowfalls who only has EJ Manuel now and maybe even Mark Sanchez soon.)

I don't think you're a nerd. Agree on everything else

Oh please, your multiple page handjibber of Kelly was infinitely more embarrassing than my mistake about Coples. Can't wait until Kiko is the next Ray Lewis, because Chip can make anyone better, even on defense. Because that's what good coaches do.

no one appreciates the sacrifices I made to support the Sanchez Resurrection last year. I turned on The Ilk to go down that path.

Sorry, I forgot that the alternative universe is only for if the Jets had Russell Wilson, Rex would've had him returning kicks type comments. Thanks for helping to get it back on track.

That reminds me of Joe Theismann who was a punt returner before he won a Bowl with the Skins..LOL

I hate to do this but this is insulting. Big difference between a multiverse and and alternate universes. Please sir, mind the SciFi.

Which one can you access by dropping into a black hole and chatting up your daughter from behind a book shelf?

You haven't heard, Shaddy at 27 years old is shot. He's done. Kiko one year wonder is the best LBer in the league.

Are Watkins and Shaddy the most dynamic offense players in the AFCE? The answer is yes.

You're the guy that always argues sh*t doesn't matter without a QB. Draft picks and $5m for Matt Cassell.

Lesean McCoy facing 8-9 guys in the box, with nobody to get the ball to Watkins.

Dynamic yo

Archived