Schefter: Bills Trade for Shady McCoy

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do I have a feeling the Bills will spank the Jets twice this year? Rex will get the Bills to the playoffs this year but it'll follow the same pattern as before. It'll fall apart while the Jets are building something.

Just read that Alonso wanted out of Buffalo. I can't imagine why.

Makes sense. Bradham and Brown are good and Rex uses linebackers less than his predecessor. Also Alonso struggles against the run and Rex is consistently stuck in 1985, so that certainly works to his disadvantage.

But with Schwartz, not Rex.

And puh-lease, until they get a QB they are nothing.

Sure but they won 9 games with no running game or QB and now they have a better coach.

This isn't good. The division is getting better and the Jets are ******* terrible. Get used to the bottom, that's what this team is.

Why do I have a feeling the Bills will spank the Jets twice this year? Rex will get the Bills to the playoffs this year but it'll follow the same pattern as before. It'll fall apart while the Jets are building something.

This is 100% what's going to happen. And the board will be glorious to watch.

Wonderful news for us.  

Alonso on his rookie deal is a much better asset going towards the future than McCoy at his pay rate.  I don't understand why they just didn't go after Adrian Peterson and keep Alonso?  The money couldn't be much worse, so why give up a very good asset to pick up a RB that is very highly paid and has good wear and tear already on his legs?  

I think the Eagles made out like bandits on this trade, because they get his cap off the book and get a very productive player in return that is making peanuts for the next two years.  

Unless the Bills are gonna land David Harris I think this is going to be one of those typical Rex moves - absolutely stupid.

How is this Rex's doing? He is not the GM he is the coach.  Spiller is obviously leaving and has strongly hinted coming to NY to rejoining with Gailey.  The Bills needed a RB and its an equitable deal for both teams.  Spiller to the Jets - Harris to the Bills - that's a lock.

I believe it. 2 of those wins will be against us tho.

I don't think so. I don't think the Bills players will be as snowed by Rex as the 2009 Jets or their fans were. They ritually kicked the sh*t out of him the past three times, so he can't go into that locker room beating his chest about Super Bowls, and the only other motivational tactic he has is telling guys he's about to get fired. I think they're in for a rough stretch here.

Kiki can play. You don't pay RBs what McCoy gets, not with this RB draft class.

Bills get worse. They already could run the ball, but weaken their defense.

Kiki didn't play last year, how are they weakening their defense? (assuming we are using last years performance as the reason for it being "good")

I don't think so. I don't think the Bills players will be as snowed by Rex as the 2009 Jets or their fans were. They ritually kicked the sh*t out of him the past three times, so he can't go into that locker room beating his chest about Super Bowls, and the only other motivational tactic he has is telling guys he's about to get fired. I think they're in for a rough stretch here.

lol true. 

This makes me think Chip is nuts enough to trade us Foles

Exactly!!! If they let McCoy go Foles is def available. We need to pull the trigger NOW. We will attract way more free agents with a real QB at the helm.

As for the trade. Alonzo is completely unproven. Coming off a major injury. Yes, he's one hell of a talent and he's cheap for the next 2 years. But trading a guy who could easily be the best RB in the game, straight up, for a potential one year wonder coming off a major injury sounds like a coach who was given too much power playing madden with a real franchise.

Hope he does the same sh*t with us and Foles. LOL

Exactly!!! If they let McCoy go Foles is def available. We need to pull the trigger NOW. We will attract way more free agents with a real QB at the helm.

As for the trade. Alonzo is completely unproven. Coming off a major injury. Yes, he's one hell of a talent and he's cheap for the next 2 years. But trading a guy who could easily be the best in the game, straight up, for a potential one year wonder coming off a major injury sounds like a coach who was given too much power playing madden with a real franchise.

Hope he does the same sh*t with us and Foles. LOL

Wait for draft day and trade back so they can get Mariota and we can get picks as well.

Archived