Schefter: Bills Trade for Shady McCoy

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kiki didn't play last year, how are they weakening their defense? (assuming we are using last years performance as the reason for it being "good")

Kiko is still one of their best players. Without him they were very good, with him who knows the potential.

28 is old for a RB. McCoy is 27. Bills lose a player with best football ahead of him for an overpriced RB with best football behind him.

They raising Hell here in Philly they ready to run chip out of town they said he better get Mariota at all costs.

If the Eagles dont trade up to #2 I think we'll be the team that they trade up with at #6. They're not going to trade up with the Redskins in their own division and I think the Raiders would prefer to get their WR for Derek Carr. 

When was the last time trading for a back with mileage worked out?

McCoy is 26 years old. He's not going to give the Bills 5 to 6 prime years, but they're going to get a good 3 out of him. And to trade a 3rd round pick coming off of an ACL tear, I doubt that this would be as epic as what the NFL network is now comparing it to with Clinton Portis/Champ Bailey trade. 

Kiko is still one of their best players. Without him they were very good, with him who knows the potential.

28 is old for a RB. McCoy is 27. Bills lose a player with best football ahead of him for an overpriced RB with best football behind him.

Meh, he's coming off a major injury so who knows. Also WLB has similiar positional value to RB, in terms of replacement. 

Agree on McCoy though.. think he's barking up the wrong tree

Its amazing how scared Jets fans get. The team sucks. Get over it. Hell, the Raiders have sucked for a decade and you don't see their fans going nuts over moves other teams make.

Well, raiders fans know they suck so the effect is different. Most of us think that "this is the year" until we get to mid october and we fan sponsored banners flying overhead. 

I'm just baffled how people are comparing Mccoy to any old Rb. He's an MVP candidate. And he's in buffalo now. For a guy who didn't play last year.

And a HC who drafts defense every single year !!!!!!!!!

He's almost 30 years old with a nightmare contract and played in a system where just about any QB or RB can be plugged in and preform at a pretty high level. Not to mention that he has a massive amount of mileage on him and the Bills have no QB whatsoever. It would have been a great move of the Bills were a perennial playoff contender with a top ten QB looking for that "final" piece to take them to the next level. That's not what the Buffalo Bills are though.

He's almost 30 years old with a nightmare contract and played in a system where just about any QB or RB can be plugged in and preform at a pretty high level. Not to mention that he has a massive amount of mileage on him and the Bills have no QB whatsoever. It would have been a great move of the Bills were a perennial playoff contender with a top ten QB looking for that "final" piece to take them to the next level. That's not what the Buffalo Bills are though.

What? McCoy is 26 years old dude, stop it. 

I don't think so. I don't think the Bills players will be as snowed by Rex as the 2009 Jets or their fans were. They ritually kicked the sh*t out of him the past three times, so he can't go into that locker room beating his chest about Super Bowls, and the only other motivational tactic he has is telling guys he's about to get fired. I think they're in for a rough stretch here.

agree, I expect close to a kotite meltdown in Buffalo…I think it happens quick.

You understand that the Bills defense from last year, with Kiko added in would have been even better.

It would have, but it was still top 5. And though the Bills may be the only team with a worst QB situation than us, McCoy makes that offense better. I'd take that balance. Its early in the offseason and they can certainly try to make another trade for a QB or hit FA. 

Meh, he's coming off a major injury so who knows. Also WLB has similiar positional value to RB, in terms of replacement. 

Agree on McCoy though.. think he's barking up the wrong tree

That's fine. I'm not trying to come across as though this is grossly imbalanced. I think what tilts it in favor of Philly is that McCoy's numbers can be replaced and they had no Kiko, so it improves them at a need position with a guy with more football left in his career and a better cap number. 

Buffalo takes on a huge cap hit, a player whose best season already happened and literally did nothing but replace the numbers they already had coming from RB. Just with one player, as opposed to a committee. Meanwhile, Alonso added into the mix on that defense might have actually helped perpetuate the mirage that Rex is somehow improving an already great defense.

I think I'm mostly amused by Buffalo becoming a dumping ground for Chip Kelly's unwanted RBs.

It would have, but it was still top 5. And though the Bills may be the only team with a worst QB situation than us, McCoy makes that offense better. I'd take that balance. Its early in the offseason and they can certainly try to make another trade for a QB or hit FA. 

I think McCoy makes that offense the same, frankly. I think the combination of Fred Jackson and Spiller and whoever else is on par with McCoy and whoever else has to spell him. Same numbers. It gives the Bills a better fantasy running back though.

Its amazing how scared Jets fans get. The team sucks. Get over it. Hell, the Raiders have sucked for a decade and you don't see their fans going nuts over moves other teams make.

What are you talking about? There's only one Raiders fan who posts here and everything he says seems nuts to me.

Archived