Bills trade for Vikings QB Matt Cassel

Morrissey

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't knock the move...there's nobody out there at the QB position...might as well get somebody who has had some success at the position in the past.  Wouldn't be surprised if they add another vet and/or draft pick.

Can't knock the move...there's nobody out there at the QB position...might as well get somebody who has had some success at the position in the past. Wouldn't be surprised if they add another vet and/or draft pick.

This is a good move for that team. Agreed

This is a good move for that team. Agreed

Yup...the bottom feeders in this league right now have to take anything they can get.  How would you feel about the Jets bringing in Hoyer, Tom?

So Ryan is giving up "multiple picks" for Cassel???  Wow!!!  I could see giving up multiple picks for a

Glennon, he still has upside but Cassel???

Re-read what you quoted. It says an undisclosed draft pick.

Reads to me more like each team is swapping a pick. For example, the Bills trade their 5th for Cassel and Minnesota's 6th, or something like that. 

So Ryan is giving up "multiple picks" for Cassel???  Wow!!!  I could see giving up multiple picks for a

Glennon, he still has upside but Cassel???

They gave up picks in exchange for Cassell and got picks in return.  I'd be surprised if either side parted with more than a fifth.

In the sense that Cassell has no upside and Geno still does slightly.

So then maybe in the future the Jets won't have the worst QB?  I guess anything's possible.

Cassel sucks but it's not like there are any good options out there. Only thing worse than going with a horrible 3rd year never-was the starting QB job is handing that job to him outright.

Exactly....no QB's on the market...gotta get what you can.

Over the past 4 years Matt Cassel has 30 starts with 30 TDs, 34 INTs and 13 fumbles

He had that one great year with Kansas City, winning the division, and then nothing

He'll be asked to manage the game and stay in the 1/1 TD/INT range with great defense and run game IMO.

Archived