Bills trade for Vikings QB Matt Cassel

Morrissey

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Specifically built for him, was it?

You can tell which posters are in multiple fantasy leagues and which ones actually watch the games instead of just box scores. McCoy wasn't even that good statistically last year but I guess it's buttfumblechez fault

Yeah you guys got me. Matt Cassell is so good that's why 75,000 Chiefs fans were cheering him getting injured in 2012.

McCoy is not that good he had 4.2 ypc and 5 touchdowns last year playing in an offense specifically built for him. He did not explode through the hole. Kelly got rid of him for a reason. Best running back/top 5 my ass.

Do your homework gentlemen.

Just what the hell is your point?  You along with another poster or two on here is the classic forum 'responders'.  Never makes an evaluation or suggestion just sits back and blasts other peoples comments or teams moves with giving absolutely no alternative.

What would YOU do if you were Buffalo re their QB's?

That is a relative word is it not? Is he better than Manuel? Is he better than the other half a dozen QB's you have said sucked the last few weeks? It's the classic beggars can't be chosers scenario. right now the Jets are worse off than the Bills. Geno Smith sucks worse than a good number of these jag awful vet qbs.

Is it relative when 75,000 chiefs fans - a fanbase that doesn't boo it's own players - cheer Matt Cassell to be carried off the field and replaced by Brady Quinn?

Manuel will end up finishing the bills season as their starter next year.

You can tell which posters are in multiple fantasy leagues and which ones actually monitor the games instead of just box scores. McCoy wasn't even that good statistically last year but I guess it's buttfumblechez fault

He ran behind an O-line with key injuries/suspensions, a POS QB for a huge chunk of the season and his number one deep threat shipped off and  no way to keep defenses honest.  A HC that decided for some reason to call his number in the passing game roughly 50% less than the previous season when he had over 500 rec yds.  All that and he still went for over 1,300 yds and 4.2 YPC.  Pretty damn good IMO. 

Everything going on up in BUF just confirms how much influence Ryan had in

personnel moves with us. All of the crap the media tried to feed us about how

"Ryan was sabotaged by the front office" and how "he didn't have the talent"

was garbage. What our roster became was a total reflection on Ryan and what

he wanted

Exactly. Rex had a huge influence on our drafts with both Tanny and Idzik. Rex lovers will still give him credit for every good move and totally blame someone else be it the GM or player for everything bad.

Buff was Sanchez best destination his value just took a huge hit. Look for another 1 year deal for mark probably wit Iggles again at vet minimum

He ran behind an O-line with key injuries/suspensions, a POS QB for a huge chunk of the season and his number one deep threat shipped off and no way to keep defenses honest. A HC that decided for some reason to call his number in the passing game roughly 50% less than the previous season when he had over 500 rec yds. All that and he still went for over 1,300 yds and 4.2 YPC. Pretty damn good IMO.

It's Ray Rice-itis. All the O-lines fault. Somehow Chris Johnson who was supposed to be a bust had a higher ypc running behind Brian Winters and Breno Giacomini with no passing game to spread out the field but oh well

It's Ray Rice-itis. All the O-lines fault. Somehow Chris Johnson who was supposed to be a bust had a higher ypc running behind Brian Winters and Breno Giacomini with no passing game to spread out the field but oh well

LOL...yes, it is the O-lines "fault" that he only averaged 4.2 YPC and over 1,300  yards rushing.  He was fine and their running game was fine..would have been better w/o injuries, suspensions, no deep threat.

You can tell which posters are in multiple fantasy leagues and which ones actually watch the games instead of just box scores. McCoy wasn't even that good statistically last year but I guess it's buttfumblechez fault

I had McCoy in fantasy last year. Absolutely killed me most weeks.

LOL...yes, it is the O-lines "fault" that he only averaged 4.2 YPC and over 1,300 yards rushing. He was fine and their running game was fine..would have been better w/o injuries, suspensions, no deep threat.

I'm not saying McCoy wasn't good last year but I'm hearing stupid things like he's the best Rb in the league. This guy couldn't tie Marshawn Lynch's gold cleats

I'm not saying McCoy wasn't good last year but I'm hearing stupid things like he's the best Rb in the league. This guy couldn't tie Marshawn Lynch's gold cleats

Best, second best, third best...does it matter all that much?  He's an elite back at the end of the day and I hope the Jets end up with somebody as good as him.

http://overthecap.com/mccoy-alonso-chip-kelly-singing-sister-hazel-marcus-mariota/

On the Eagles side, my first thought was that I’d really like to see them take Melvin Gordon in the first round, but was is everything that they’re doing right now posturing to set themselves up for Mariota…?

Could they trade the Jets something along the lines of Nick Foles, this year’s first rounder, next year’s first rounder and a second rounder to get him?

Considering how well Mariota knows the offense and his talents, I think it’d be a good move for the Eagles and Mariota as we can at least project him better in Philly than anywhere else and he will hit the ground running as he won’t have to learn a new offense.

With all the cap space the Eagles have and the solid team they have right now, I think the writing is on the wall for a deal like the one I just threw out there. The biggest thing for the Eagles right now is ensuring that Mariota will be available where they’re looking to deal.

Their four biggest needs are at cornerback, safety, outside linebacker and now running back. Since they keep going down to Houston to sign away Texans, I could see them getting Kareem Jackson to play corner and/or Brooks Reed to play outside linebacker. It’s a pretty deep outside linebacker group and considering the amount of money they’ll have to spend, they have their pick of a group that includes the Ravens Pernell McPhee, who was the second best 3-4 OLB according to PFF, Jason Worilds and Arthur Moats from Pittsburgh, and the brother of Eagles’ linebacker Emmanuel Acho, Sam.

The big get this offseason for safeties is Devin McCourty and the Eagles would be wise to go after him with the cap space they have. At corner, I would go after Jackson like I said above and Bryon Maxwell would be a great pick up. I could go on and on with predictions, but the real story is that the Eagles now have $40 million in cap space and they could get $6.9 million more by releasing DeMeco Ryans after this deal as they now have Mychal Kendricks (the sixth best ILB in the NFL last year by PFF), Kiko Alonso (the ninth best in 2013), Brad Jones is a great back up and they could resign Casey Matthews at a reasonable price.

So this deal for Alonso could allow them to open up around $18 million worth of cap space when it’s all said and done. That’s what great organizations do.

Mark my words…Chip Kelly is going to get the quarterback that he calls the best he’s ever coached. The quarterback position is too important for the Eagles not to get Mariota now that they’ve set themselves up as well as they have. If you can trade away a quarterback your staff isn’t confident in, two first rounders and a second rounder for the pick that will secure the player you see as the face of your franchise for the next 15 years, you do that. And from the Jets standpoint, with everything they need, it’s a good deal for them. Nick Foles is a good quarterback and I think he’ll fit well with what they’re trying to do offensively

Cassell >> Orton and Manuel

McCoy >> every RB in the league

3rd best D in the league without Kiko and now they have a great Head Coach

Pretty simple really.

Rex is a bottom 5 HC in the NFL at best. He is literally destructive to the team's chance of success in player development game management in game adjustments, the roster, the offense, and has become VERY average and predictable as DE facto DC. buffalo will be last this year.

I had McCoy in fantasy last year. Absolutely killed me most weeks.

He was horrid to start the year. He was actually sat down on some series and it created rifts inside Eagles locker room.

Nice player, but not what he was several years ago. 

Personally, I do not pay for RB's.

Rex is a bottom 5 HC in the NFL at best. He is literally destructive to the team's chance of success in player development game management in game adjustments, the roster, the offense, and has become VERY average and predictable as DE facto DC. buffalo will be last this year.

Haha. Ok

Show me how the bills got better? Cassell stinks, McCoy is just a younger version of Fred Jackson or Spiller. Kiko was a good player for he bills he's now in philly

And we still don't know what's happening to jerry Hughes.

Are you serious? First off McCoy is a completely different type of RB than Fred Jackson, McCoy is similar to Spiller but more talented and much more elusive. They might have went after Cassel to use as a backup and who knows he might win the starting job and be successful in buffalo. As for Alanso yes he is very talented but he also spent the entire last season injured and who knows if he will come back and be the same player or if he will have more durability issues in the future.

Four pages, really?

I'm not reading through this. I'm going to assume since the thread is so large already, that there are some people saying Cassel is just what the Bills need. Those people are fools. Matt Cassel is sh*t.

Best Cassel moment ever: when he played for the Chiefs, a defender came through unblocked and was on Cassel's ass by the time he finished faking to the running back. An on-field mic then captured him screaming "JESUUUUUSSS!!!!!".

Yeah you guys got me. Matt Cassell is so good that's why 75,000 Chiefs fans were cheering him getting injured in 2012.

McCoy is not that good he had 4.2 ypc and 5 touchdowns last year playing in an offense specifically built for him. He did not explode through the hole. Kelly got rid of him for a reason. Best running back/top 5 my ass.

Do your homework gentlemen.

You just have to laugh at posts like this.

Free Agency hasn't even started yet and the draft is still 2 months away.

Yet the Bills have already improved their team more than any other team in the NFL.

The thing that's getting lost in the Cassel transaction is BUF "traded multiple draft picks"

for him.  He wasn't cut and on the street where all they had to do was throw $$$ at him.

They traded picks for a below average backup QB

I would take Murray, Bell, Lynch and Forsett over him.

Hindsight is 20/20 so I am assuming your talking about next year. Murray has been injury prone and will likely not be on the Cowboys next year (not to mention he turned down an offer for 15m (Adrian Peterson money)). Lynch might retire because he has back issues. Forsett had one good season and he shared carries with 2 other RB's (he still got hurt during the season) I would question his durability too especially if he were to become a 3 down back. Bell is a no brainer though I would take Bell over just about everyone (assuming he can stay out of trouble).

Free Agency hasn't even started yet and the draft is still 2 months away.

Yet the Bills have already improved their team more than any other team in the NFL.

You do understand the contradictory terms offer your post, no?

If it were Jet fans crowing about those types of moves at this type of year, you would be sticking your fingers down their throat

The thing that's getting lost in the Cassel transaction is BUF "traded multiple draft picks"

for him.  He wasn't cut and on the street where all they had to do was throw $$$ at him.

They traded picks for a below average backup QB

From what I understand they traded "multiple picks" but are getting Cassel and a pick back, this could be a 6 and 7 for Cassel and a 5. or a 5 and a 7 for Cassel and a 6th. Lets let it play out before we decide if this was a good trade or not. I just think the Bills are making a statement that they are looking to improve their roster and win games.

Archived