Bills trade for Vikings QB Matt Cassel

Morrissey

The Bills are a better team today then they were 2 days ago. Why? They upgraded RB and QB. Fact.

Because they upgraded from what they had at running back makes them better? No. We still have one 3 of the most talented run stuffers up front. And youre only fooling yourself if you think Cassell is better then EJ. They equally suck at the moment. You can't say Cassell is better when EJ has been injured. This is just further hurting his development TO be better.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arguably the worst QB in the NFL the last 4 years. Congrats, Rex. All that after talking up EJ Manuel who might be the only guy who was actually worse than Cassell.

Wait Rex was blamed for not caring about offense and now he gets blamed for O moves as the GM?? I wish you guys would make up your mind on what to hate him for or better yet move on and talk about the Jets.. 

Because they upgraded from what they had at running back makes them better? No. We still have one 3 of the most talented run stuffers up front. And youre only fooling yourself if you think Cassell is better then EJ. They equally suck at the moment. You can't say Cassell is better when EJ has been injured. This is just further hurting his development TO be better.

Typically when you upgrade positions you get better. The Bills upgraded a few positions. So they're probably a little better today then they were Monday.

Lol, Spiller is only good when saying he is fits whatever point you're trying to make. Ivory is better than Jackson, so according to the logic you have provided, that would make Ivory/Spiller better than McCoy. Sign me up for that.

I never said he wasn't good. I said he's not elite and shouldn't be sought after as a priority free agent. We could do better via draft in our return on investment. Veteran RB contracts are stupid. If a RB is worth anything the team that has them usually extends them. When a RB turns to garbage, they end up signing with a new team that is trying to capture the old magic. See: Johnson, Chris

On could argue that Fred Jackson was better than Ivory, but not at this age he isn't. 

You want Ivory/Spiller. Creating a tandem where Ivory is our best back. We can do better in this draft.

I want Gurley/Ivory. Ivory as a second back means your bellcow is a monster.

Don't talk to me about logic. You've emerged as one of the least sensible fans on this site over the past couple of days.

Typically when you upgrade positions you get better. The Bills upgraded a few positions. So they're probably a little better today then they were Monday.

That's true. Still stupid to trade for an expensive 27 year old back who was probably going to get released, though.

?

So the extra half a yard per carry doesn't mean anything because... moneyball?

Ask yourself, is a half a hard per carry worth the contract Lesean gets? I don't think it is. So yeah, moneyball. Like I said, we're not talking about this move erasing a committee that averaged 2.5 yards per carry with a stud who gets 5. It's a .5 increase in ypc, in a contract scenario that hamstrings the team into paying for McCoy's past production (something nobody should do with a RB). 

I never said he wasn't good. I said he's not elite and shouldn't be sought after as a priority free agent. We could do better via draft in our return on investment. Veteran RB contracts are stupid. If a RB is worth anything the team that has them usually extends them. When a RB turns to garbage, they end up signing with a new team that is trying to capture the old magic. See: Johnson, Chris

On could argue that Fred Jackson was better than Ivory, but not at this age he isn't. 

You want Ivory/Spiller. Creating a tandem where Ivory is our best back. We can do better in this draft.

I want Gurley/Ivory. Ivory as a second back means your bellcow is a monster.

Don't talk to me about logic. You've emerged as one of the least sensible fans on this site over the past couple of days.

Yes, I seem very unsensible when you just make sh*t up and pretend I said it. I've never said Spiller is a priority and I've also said I'll pass on him if the rumors are true that he wants $5 million a season. That sound like I think he's a massive priority?

Your "data" supported the fact that the Bills needed an upgrade at RB.  Freddy is 152 years old and coming off a couple injury riddled seasons and Boobey Dixon is named Boobey.

They could have used their 3nd round pick on a RB to replace Jackson, kept the $10m in salary and used to address real areas of need in free agency.

Lesean McCoy, Matt Cassell, Richie Incognito 

Teams are using the Bills as a salary dump.

Do you even watch football?

When was the last time EJ Manuel threw for over 3,100 yard, with 27 TD's and only 7 INT's and was a Pro Bowl QB?

That was 2010, so I guess we are allowed to brag forever about making it to the AFC Championship game that year.

Yes, I seem very unsensible when you just make sh*t up and pretend I said it. I've never said Spiller is a priority and I've also said I'll pass on him if the rumors are true that he wants $5 million a season. That sound like I think he's a massive priority?

I've been talking to the collective group of people advocating for Spiller. I'm not making things up, I lumping you all together. You are just the thin-skinned twat that emerged as the champion of "let's recreate duh Bills derp".

Also, if these were things you'd been saying from the beginning, you wouldn't be arguing with me. 

They could have used their 3nd round pick on a RB to replace Jackson, kept the $10m in salary and used to address real areas of need in free agency.

Lesean McCoy, Matt Cassell, Richie Incognito 

Teams are using the Bills as a salary dump.

Idiotic assessment.  Just because it's trendy to say RB's aren't valuable doesn't mean it's true.  I have a feeling we won't be seeing any 3rd round RB's equaling McCoys output next season. 

I've been talking to the collective group of people advocating for Spiller. I'm not making things up, I lumping you all together. You are just the thin-skinned twat that emerged as the champion of "let's recreate duh Bills derp".

Also, if these were things you'd been saying from the beginning, you wouldn't be arguing with me. 

Yeah, dumbass, I'm the champion of the cause, even though I argued against Stevie Johnson.

And I did say from the beginning that I wanted Spiller at a similar deal to Chris Johnson. Learn to read.

I cannot believe that the dumbest thing said in this thread didn't come from Teh Troll.

Your sarcasm makes you look like a fool. Upgrade doesn't mean better than us. If we upgrade the line we aren't better then half those AFC teams.

Idiotic assessment.  Just because it's trendy to say RB's aren't valuable doesn't mean it's true.  I have a feeling we won't be seeing any 3rd round RB's equaling McCoys output next season. 

I never said that RBs aren't valuable. I'm talking about the cost/value argument The cost of a 3rd round RB vs. the $10m salary for McCoy, when you can get the same production out of your 3rd rounder plus a tandem back like Bryce Brown or Boobie Dixon over 300 carries is a no-brainer.

Rex likes to collect players that were great 2 years ago, no matter how disgruntled or how terrible their contracts are. 

I don't think it makes the Bills markedly better. No matter what ESPN tells you to think.

Yeah, dumbass, I'm the champion of the cause, even though I argued against Stevie Johnson.

And I did say from the beginning that I wanted Spiller at a similar deal to Chris Johnson. Learn to read.

Learn to not be stupid.

The plan for Rex is painfully obvious. He's going 2009 Jets. Great running game, game manager at QB, dominant defense.

What choice does he have?

It's not like you can just find a Pro Bowl QB out there.  Without that, this is the best plan possible.

Learn to not be stupid.

Good comeback. Go read my very first post in that thread, where it states that Spiller should cost around the same as Johnson. In light of today's news, that assumption is obviously false.

At least I possess the skills of reading comprehension. If I'm stupid, what does that make you? PS: eat a dick.

Archived