Bowe Will Be Cut Or Traded

Jet9

Marshall is getting $8-9M. That might not be top tier anymore, but it is not exactly a bargain.  Generally, I don't want somebody else's headache.  I am playing devil's advocate with Bowe. He is far from the top of my list.  Before I trade another pick for Marshall I'd probably hang on to Harvin. 

Funny, when we look at these guys I see Harvin as Spiller, Ivory as Jackson and Bowe as Nelson.  Amaro for Chandler and Decker for Johnson.  Wouldn't be a bad version of the 2011 Bills offense.  Geno would have no excuse not to put up those sweet, sweet Ryan Fitzpatrick numbers!

Without rounding up $900K he's not making $8-9M. Year 1 it's outright under $8M:

2015: $7.7M

2016: $8.1M

2017: $8.5M

Since the Jets are supremely unlikely to max out their cap each year, and since there isn't any 1 year major spike where his cap hit rises by 30-50%, look at the 3 year average rather than the one highest year when you could even mathematically enter $9M into the discussion. The 3 year average is $8.1M. To speak in generalities, that's $8M per year, not $8-9M per year. It is as valid as saying his first 2 seasons he's only $7-8M per year when anyone can see it's a $7.9M average. That's as much $7M as saying someone with a 101 IQ is in the 100-150 IQ range just like someone with a score of 149, and say the statement - while technically true - carries any meaning.

An $8.1M/year, year-to-year contract with nothing up front, is absolutely not top tier for WRs anymore.  Top tier starts at 40-60% more than that and goes up to over 100% more than that (fully double, which Megatron averages).

We are past making excuses for Geno Smith I think.

Without rounding up $900K he's not making $8-9M. Year 1 it's outright under $8M:

2015: $7.7M

2016: $8.1M

2017: $8.5M

Since the Jets are supremely unlikely to max out their cap each year, and since there isn't any 1 year major spike where his cap hit rises by 30-50%, look at the 3 year average rather than the one highest year when you could even mathematically enter $9M into the discussion. The 3 year average is $8.1M. To speak in generalities, that's $8M per year, not $8-9M per year. It is as valid as saying his first 2 seasons he's only $7-8M per year when anyone can see it's a $7.9M average. That's as much $7M as saying someone with a 101 IQ is in the 100-150 IQ range just like someone with a score of 149, and say the statement - while technically true - carries any meaning.

An $8.1M/year, year-to-year contract with nothing up front, is absolutely not top tier for WRs anymore.  Top tier starts at 40-60% more than that and goes up to over 100% more than that (fully double, which Megatron averages).

We are past making excuses for Geno Smith I think.

Fair enough.  I had glanced at rotoworld and thought it was 8.5-8.9.  Looks like this a done deal.  I hope that Bowles knows what he is getting into having coached him in Miami.  Guy was a horse.  I wonder what this means regarding Harvin.  I assume he is gone, but that would be a pretty nice group and I still would be willing to pull the trigger on a WR.  You can always cut one next year since they will have three solid guys with no/not much dead money.  In fact, one of the moves I would consider if they need cash spending for the floor would be restructuring some of Decker's bonus to salary whenever they can.

Fair enough.  I had glanced at rotoworld and thought it was 8.5-8.9.  Looks like this a done deal.  I hope that Bowles knows what he is getting into having coached him in Miami.  Guy was a horse.  I wonder what this means regarding Harvin.  I assume he is gone, but that would be a pretty nice group and I still would be willing to pull the trigger on a WR.  You can always cut one next year since they will have three solid guys with no/not much dead money.  In fact, one of the moves I would consider if they need cash spending for the floor would be restructuring some of Decker's bonus to salary whenever they can.

We all hope this.

I thought Harvin was definitely gone even without this move (since he refused to restructure, and we got lucky he felt this way). I don't see any way Harvin isn't gone now.

Archived