Jets & Bears Trade Consideration

HOZ THE JET

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not very high on this... 

Let's see what we give up first. Better not be a guy named Snacks.

If Marshall stops trying to be in the spotlight and making headlines all the time I'm all for this trade. He needs to get off that HBO Show. Whatever he does in the offseason I don't care. Now let's see if we're gonna bring in Cutler as well. These two are like brothers. Also, this pretty much means Harvin is a goner. Thank god.

Nice!  Decker, Marshall, Kerley, Amaro is light years better than anything we've had in a long time.

Does this rule out a day 1 pick at WR?

Kerley kind of disappoints. I wouldn't mind seeing a real fast slot guy. Hope we don't give up on drafting our own WR.

Nice!  Decker, Marshall, Kerley, Amaro is light years better than anything we've had in a long time.

Does this rule out a day 1 pick at WR?

Marshall is over rated.. Still want a WR early

Kerley kind of disappoints. I wouldn't mind seeing a real fast slot guy. Hope we don't give up on drafting our own WR.

Kerley plays hard, never complains, and has had some very good games.  I'd think that a full compliment of NFL caliber receivers will only help his production. 

Kerley plays hard, never complains, and has had some very good games.  I'd think that a full compliment of NFL caliber receivers will only help his production. 

He's also had some dropsies and hasn't shown much after the catch explosiveness. I like him. I just don't depend on him to bolster our WR corp. Would love to see another vet and a draft pick come in.

Marshall is over rated.. Still want a WR early

Marshall is better than anything we've had in years.  The fact that he has to be accounted for opens up many opportunities for the other receivers.  With Gaileys spread and real weapons we just may resemble an NFL offense. 

How do you knock Kerley? Go back and watch him play, the guy can be our next Chrebet. He's got some of the best hands in football, he knows how to get open, he's tough as nails, and clutch. Reminds me of Chrebet in a lot of ways, I think he'll break out this year, especially with two #1 receivers outside and (hopefully) better QB play.

Great Move looking at his contract. The signing Bonus gets eaten by the bears so his contract hits are very reasonable for a number 1 WR. 

2015 : 7.5m 

2016: 7.9

2017: 8.3

This is in the world where Santonio Holmes was getting 10m per year. Or the NFL which will see Randall Cobb get 10m and never be as good without Aaron Rodgers. So Marshalls contract is great. 

Finally the Jets have a Redzone guy that can go up and get it. 

2015: $7.5 million, 2016: $7.9 million, 2017: $8.3 million, 2018: Fre

Finae Agent2015: $7.5 million, 2016: $7.9 million, 2017: $8.3 million, 2018: Free Agent

$7.5 million, 2016: $7.9 million, 2017: $8.3 million

Marshall is better than anything we've had in years.  The fact that he has to be accounted for opens up many opportunities for the other receivers.  With Gaileys spread and real weapons we just may resemble an NFL offense. 

i should necro this

and others :)

Marshall has really not caused any problems at all for about 3 years.  He makes QB's better because he is a physical guy that can out fight players for the ball.  This would signal the end of Harvin but I don't mind the risk if it was a late round pick.

As for the earlier spec about Cutler and marshall.  I would do that as well. 

Bye Bye Harvin. We have a true #1 that will cause the AFC headaches. All we need now is a real QB. It also saves us from drafting a WR too early in the draft. I think it will be a 5th round pick for Marshall. 

SO we still have #1, #2, #3, #4, Marshall, #6 -gone b/c Harvin trade and #7

#1, #2, #3, #4, Marshall and #7

Here we go!

LL

Bye bye Harvin, hello 10.5 million more in cap space and hello 4th round pick.  We probably

gave up a 5th which is fine by me

I actually think it makes more sense now to keep Harvin. With Marshall drawing doubles the field opens up more. Harvin's speed and quickness gains a whole lot more wiggle room in this offense. I'd even consider a restructure at this point with guaranteed money since we won't need to sign another FA wr  and can draft a youngster at the position.

He'll be the best WR to put on a Jets jersey since Al Toon.

i feel a bit bad about this, but i'll get over it

Victor Cruz > Brandon Marshall

+ 1 and its not even close. He makes catches with one hand that B Marsh cant make with to.

And for who ever is keeping score here...

Sanchez has better hands than B Marsh.

Archived