Jets & Bears Trade Consideration

HOZ THE JET

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you guys trade our 5th pick in the 2nd Rd for Jay Cutler & Branden Marshall if Cutler is willing to restructure his contract??? I know its a tough decision but should be considered Chicago is in rebuilding mode.

Not for Jay Cutler. He has absolutely no trade value. He's a QB version of Santonio Holmes, and the only reason its put up with is because of his position. 

Heard on NFL AM, them talking about Marshall. Jist of the discussion was Cutler couldn't deliver and it wasn't marshalls fault. In face he only played 13 games and had 8 touchdowns. They said to call him a diva s a little overboard.. When the team couldn't step up and win Marshall said something as a leader... Cutler wouldn't. And I have to agree.. GREAT pick up for the jets.

That is actually an indication that he is good. sh*tty players get cut and reach free agency. Guys with talent, like Harvin and Marshall get traded.

Or an indication that three franchises grossly underestimated how high-maintenance he is.

He's very overrated..

But if it's a low draft pick it's not a bad deal

How is he overrated? You ask any corner in the league and they all say he's one of the toughest to guard. Guys a beast. He's a huge upgrade for what has been the worst offensive team in the league.

He's very overrated..

From 2007-2013 Marshall was 2nd in the NFL in catches and receiving yards.  In a "down" year last year where he was plagued by an ankle injury and still toughed it out until his rib injury, he had 8 touchdowns.  So how's he overrated? Did someone here call him the best receiver in the NFL? 

I know there's a new HC/GM combo in Chicago but what I can't figure out is why they wanted to trade him?  His contract numbers seem reasonable and he still seems productive stat wise.  I don't think Fox has ever coached him and it seems like his locker room "cancer" reputation is in the past.  So why sell?

From 2007-2013 Marshall was 2nd in the NFL in catches and receiving yards.  In a "down" year last year where he was plagued by an ankle injury and still toughed it out until his rib injury, he had 8 touchdowns.  So how's he overrated? Did someone here call him the best receiver in the NFL? 

Because you can't judge by gross totals..

If RB A has 1500 yards on 450 carries, and RB B has 1400 yards on 280 carries.. which guy was better?

If RB A has 1500 yards on 450 carries, and RB B has 1400 yards on 280 carries.. which guy was better?

Marshall has been a top 10 WR for a couple seasons now. Stop being a miserable **** and be happy for once.

Still wondering who if anyone will be throwing him the ball.  Hard to get excited about any receiver with our current QB situation.  Like a toothless man buying a NY strip steak.  

Just gum that steak out! GUM IT OUT!

Truth, we do need a QB but at least now we have a true #1 and if they double him then Decker and Kerley can  eat defenses alive!

Man, I can't wait to get a real QB who can take advantage of this. 

Who's next? Spiller? WOOOOOOOOO!

LL

So we can't judge by catches, yards or touchdowns.  Let me know how you judge a WR.  

So we can't judge by catches, yards or touchdowns.  Let me know how you judge a WR.  

Does he judge by Swag factor? Because Marshall also has that SWAG factor. 

Dude is a beast...our first true #1 WR we have had in a long time. Best WR since Al Toon!

LL

He's very overrated..

Overrated?  7 consecutive years with over 1,000 yards receiving (and probably 8 if he didn't miss three games last year).  Three of those seasons he has more than 10 receiving TD's, which would have been four without the three missed games last year.

We have VERY VERY different opinions on what is overrated...

Start with targets.. Marshall has historically had one of the worst drop rates, and his catch rate is middling at best.. all of which means not elite

You love volume stats, Brandon Marshall, this trade, and dick.

it's always a pleasure being quoted by you.. as soon as I get the notification, i know I'm in for a treat.. and you never dissapoint

Would you guys trade our 5th pick in the 2nd Rd for Jay Cutler & Branden Marshall if Cutler is willing to restructure his contract??? I know its a tough decision but should be considered Chicago is in rebuilding mode.

Somebody was listening to Sirius this morning with Ross Tucker

Somebody was listening to Sirius this morning with Ross Tucker

Archived