***Jets trade for Brandon Marshall (pending a physical)***

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

need a membership

Transcribed - 

Chicago Tribune  - Steve Rosenbloom

I don’t care if Ryan Pace traded Brandon Marshall to the Jets for nothing more than a kiss from Joe Namath, that would be enough.

Dumping Marshall was the point. Clearing his heavy baggage and divisive ways out of Halas Hall was the entire goal.

That the Bears rookie general manager reportedly got a mid-round draft pick in return for the embarrassing wide receiver is just a straight pansting.

Give Pace a raise. Extend his contract. I don’t care that he just got here. Do you realize what he just did?

Pace found a team stupid enough to give up something for a player the Bears were going to cut next week.

What’s more, the market is flooded with wide receivers, and this draft is stocked with them --- but yet Pace got something for Marshall that is more than just saving cash and salary cap space.

No wonder the Jets stink as a franchise. It’s like they hijacked Phil Emery’s stupid gas.

Marshall has become more uncoachable and intolerable each year he has been a Bear. He is over 30, coming off injury, proven less productive, and has aliented half of Halas Hall, if not more.

It got to the point that the coach couldn’t say Marshall ran the wrong pattern for fear that the wideout would spontaneously combust or something.

Marshall was all kinds of loud, fake leadership. He has never been to the playoffs in his NFL career, and now he’s bringing his laughable act to one of the few teams last year’s horrible Bears were able to beat. Good luck with that.

The deal won’t be official until the league year begins Tuesday afternoon. The deal also cannot be official until Marshall passes a physical.

If this goes through, Bears fans, you have every right to dream of big things under Pace. He knew Marshall was a bad actor who needed excising. He saw what a loser the guy is in a locker room setting.

Pace pretty much told everybody what he thought of Marshall when he said a team’s best players have to be its best leaders and that football has to be Priority No. 1.

Marshall is on record as saying that winning a Super Bowl is not his priority. Using the NFL as a platform for his causes is his priority. Some leader, huh?

Marshall also wants to continue appearing on “Inside the NFL,’’ and now he’ll be closer to the studio while remaining just as far from being a winner.

Friday became a great day for Pace the Bears. Now, double down, Ryan. See if the Jets are dumb enough to trade for Jay Cutler.

Transcribed - 

I don’t care if Ryan Pace traded Brandon Marshall to the Jets for nothing more than a kiss from Joe Namath, that would be enough.

Dumping Marshall was the point. Clearing his heavy baggage and divisive ways out of Halas Hall was the entire goal.

That the Bears rookie general manager reportedly got a mid-round draft pick in return for the embarrassing wide receiver is just a straight pansting.

Give Pace a raise. Extend his contract. I don’t care that he just got here. Do you realize what he just did?

Pace found a team stupid enough to give up something for a player the Bears were going to cut next week.

What’s more, the market is flooded with wide receivers, and this draft is stocked with them --- but yet Pace got something for Marshall that is more than just saving cash and salary cap space.

No wonder the Jets stink as a franchise. It’s like they hijacked Phil Emery’s stupid gas.

Marshall has become more uncoachable and intolerable each year he has been a Bear. He is over 30, coming off injury, proven less productive, and has aliented half of Halas Hall, if not more.

It got to the point that the coach couldn’t say Marshall ran the wrong pattern for fear that the wideout would spontaneously combust or something.

Marshall was all kinds of loud, fake leadership. He has never been to the playoffs in his NFL career, and now he’s bringing his laughable act to one of the few teams last year’s horrible Bears were able to beat. Good luck with that.

The deal won’t be official until the league year begins Tuesday afternoon. The deal also cannot be official until Marshall passes a physical.

If this goes through, Bears fans, you have every right to dream of big things under Pace. He knew Marshall was a bad actor who needed excising. He saw what a loser the guy is in a locker room setting.

Pace pretty much told everybody what he thought of Marshall when he said a team’s best players have to be its best leaders and that football has to be Priority No. 1.

Marshall is on record as saying that winning a Super Bowl is not his priority. Using the NFL as a platform for his causes is his priority. Some leader, huh?

Marshall also wants to continue appearing on “Inside the NFL,’’ and now he’ll be closer to the studio while remaining just as far from being a winner.

Friday became a great day for Pace the Bears. Now, double down, Ryan. See if the Jets are dumb enough to trade for Jay Cutler.

Damn, and I thought our beat-writers were bitter and petty. The guy can be a head-case, but the Bears inept offense seemed considerable worse when Marshall wasn't on the field.  I think it's just as likely that Marshall implodes on this team as it is he puts up 1000+ and 8+.  After the Pats won, I honestly don't even care anymore, at the very least it'll be entertaining. 

Transcribed - 

Shanky article because it provides no examples, no anecdotes, and no quotes. While I'm sure Marshall was a pain in the ass, this is a weak hit job.

What's wrong here....

You guys want perfection.  Perfection isn't available.  When you can bring in a legit #1 receiver talent, at a fair price, for a late round draft pick...It's a good move.

Thank you....

Jerry Rice WASN'T available!!

What is wrong with folks!!!

Good Grief!!

Transcribed - 

Different GM but Bears gave up 2 3rd round picks to get him. Wonder what Rosenbloom called the Dolphins & Bears when that trade was made.

Marchall/Decker/Harvin/Kerley/Amaro

or

Marshall/Decker/Kerley/Draft Pick/Amaro

Either way, and all locker room and risk issues aside (tought hough that is), WR would certainly not be a weak talent unit with that group.

Harvin as #3/#4 Trickster >>> Harvin as #1/#2 Starting WR.

But boy oh boy, while the talent is there, is there a more disaster-potential WR group than one with Marshall AND Harvin?

Risk/Reward, I suppose.

If the price was a 5th, and we're not locked in long-term, seems a very smart short-term whilst-we-have-space/cash deal for while the team rebuilds.

He'll basically be a rookie but Shaq Evans was thought highly during last years draft. Cotchery-like.

Shaq Evans, WR, New York Jets

Draft position: Round 4, No. 115

The Jets need receivers, and Evans is a talented one. He's also fast. He ran the first 10 yards of the 40-yard dash at the combine in 1.47 seconds -- that's truly flying. Evans, who racked up 107 catches in his last two years at UCLA, will catch the crossing routes. He's strong and has good size, with a body build that is reminiscent of Michael Irvin. Like many young receivers, Evans is just an average blocker.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000355819/article/tom-savage-alfred-blue-among-impact-players-drafted-on-day-3

Transcribed - 

What pure sh*tty damage control from the Bears beat writers.  Yeah its Marshalls fault he hasn't been to a playoff game, yeah I'm sure it wasn't the absolute defensive collapse of the Bears last year that ****ed them over?  A fake leader who puts the priority of charity above all else?  Yeah that's extremely selfish....

I need to go over to reddit and hear from some real Bears fans.  This can't be the pulse of the fans.

Best part about this trade is that if any of the bad things resurface for Marshall we can cut him next year for nothing.  There is no guaranteed money outside of this year.  This trade is a win-win low risk move for the Jets.

Marshall, Decker, and Amaro are some great red zone options.  Maybe the Jets will finally learn to throw some fades?  It seems like this play has been inexplicably missing from the playbook for years.

Would require a QB who can actually throw a good fade.  Probably why its been absent unfortunately...

yeah this guy was so hated in Bears locker room:

This is what Martellus Bennett wrote on Instagram.

Really hurt my heart hearing today's news. I love this dude so much. He's one of my daughter's two God Dads. Our friendship goes beyond the field, I've been a fan of @btm15 since he played in Denver. Always wanted to play like him, worked on my game to emulate his. I just wanted to play the way B Marsh played and plays. I came to Chicago to continue to learn from you, the phone conversations weren't enough. I appreciate everything you've taught me and continue to teach me. You've always been more than a teammate you're a brother, a friend, and a mentor. 'll continue to carry the torch. I just wanted to say something. I love you bro. And I'll miss suiting up with you.

yeah this guy is such a fake leader....

Lets see what kyle Long thinks of him:

Brandon was the first Bear I met at Halas Hall. He treated me like family for the last two years. Wish him nothing but the best with the NYJ

Can't wait to see BMarsh in G&W baby!

yeah this guy was so hated in Bears locker room:

This is what Martellus Bennett wrote on Instagram.

yeah this guy is such a fake leader....

Lets see what kyle Long thinks of him:

Can't wait to see BMarsh in G&W baby!

send this to Quincy Enunwa

Archived