***Jets trade for Brandon Marshall (pending a physical)***

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Chicago media is taking its frustrations on Jay Cutler and that piss poor o-line out on Marshall.

Just doing what most media do. They

love em on the way in and trash em on the way out. Just like Buffalo when Marrone left.

What pure sh*tty damage control from the Bears beat writers.  Yeah its Marshalls fault he hasn't been to a playoff game, yeah I'm sure it wasn't the absolute defensive collapse of the Bears last year that ****ed them over?  A fake leader who puts the priority of charity above all else?  Yeah that's extremely selfish....

I need to go over to reddit and hear from some real Bears fans.  This can't be the pulse of the fans.

Best part about this trade is that if any of the bad things resurface for Marshall we can cut him next year for nothing.  There is no guaranteed money outside of this year.  This trade is a win-win low risk move for the Jets.

It's everyone else's fault that Jay Cutler sucks.

Shanky article because it provides no examples, no anecdotes, and no quotes. While I'm sure Marshall was a pain in the ass, this is a weak hit job.

Marshall's a dipsh*t, but Chicago sports media is a kept press that spends most of their energy fetishizing management.

Marshall's stats from this past year would have put him firmly in 2nd on the team.  love this move.  

would have loved to have kept Harvin on a restructured deal, but i guess he didn't want to.  he's not going to make much on the open market as he couldn't even stand out on a poor jets squad.

We still need to go wide out with the second pick. Brandon won't be productive forever. Might as well take someone now in a WR heavy draft.

I agree. If DGB falls to 37 he has to be the pick. Marshal is a great move the chains guy. DGB is going to be a phenomenal red zone guy.

Exactly, and he was never a fast guy to begin with so the things that other WR's would lose due to age (Speed) and they depend heavily on, Marshall wont have to worry about because He's not going to lose 6'4 to age, he may lose some of that leaping ability but when you're already jumping out of the stadium, only jumping to the top tier is still considered freakish. He's will still understand how to set up a defender or sit in a zone or box a guy out for the football. Everything that Marshall is has perfected based on his limitation at speed. Fortunately, most of these very things you wont lose as quickly with age. 

A 5th rounder. Maccagnan and Bowles should get a high 5 for this one. When the news first broke I was a bit tired coming back from the gym, but now that this has really sunk in this was the perfect move based on what was used....a 5th rounder. Thats a win/win situation. Most 5th rounders dont make a team, and the Jets guaranteed that theirs will be impactful for at least a couple years. 

And that video was nuts wasnt it? Wow. 

Yes has to be one of the best of videos of it's kind I have ever seen.   The fact that he has never been on a team that made the playoffs is truly mind boggling.  

I agree. If DGB falls to 37 he has to be the pick. Marshal is a great move the chains guy. DGB is going to be a phenomenal red zone guy.

I think Marshall has proven to be pretty effective in the Red zone too.

Pansting? Like he actually tried to write 'pantsing' in a real article? I have no idea how some of these people ******* do this for a living. Who even gives a sh*t substantively at that point.

Although one wonders if War and Peace would have been as highly acclaimed as it was, had it been published under its original title War & Pantsing. 

Yes has to be one of the best of videos of it's kind I have ever seen.   The fact that he has never been on a team that made the playoffs is truly mind boggling.  

Another stat that I didnt know, or realize. This is probably why however he's in such good shape for his age, he hasn't played any extra games lol. 

The way Brandon Marshall's contract is currently, I would guess we'll have him this and next season. His cap hit in 2017 in something like Harvin's is now. Unless he has back-to-back 1k yd seasons I don't think he'll be worth it by then, especially if we still don't have a quarterback by then. 

The way Brandon Marshall's contract is currently, I would guess we'll have him this and next season. His cap hit in 2017 in something like Harvin's is now. Unless he has back-to-back 1k yd seasons I don't think he'll be worth it by then, especially if we still don't have a quarterback by then. 

More important than the 1k yards I see the 90 + catches he will provide and moving the chains as a bigger factor, sure that adds up too more than 1k yards, but this guy will be our first down money receiver. Can't wait to see this beast on sundays

More important than the 1k yards I see the 90 + catches he will provide and moving the chains as a bigger factor, sure that adds up too more than 1k yards, but this guy will be our first down money receiver. Can't wait to see this beast on sundays

Hope so. 

Archived