***Jets trade for Brandon Marshall (pending a physical)***

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would easily take Jay Cutler on this team. He's a far better QB than anything we have had since Favre. Is he an ahole? Yeah by most reports but he's tough, has a great arm has thrown 66 tds the lat 3 years, been 66 % and 63 % the last two years. I know most people would hate this mover but I'd be all over it along with drafting a development QB.

You don't want Cutler on your team. Not if your trying to build something there. Yea he is better than Geno, but Cutler will guarantee throw more ill advised ints, then TDS and kill your whole team. .

Plus him and Marshall didn't work in Chicago, so you expect it to work in n.y?

Na..you all don't need it if you trying to build right..

Coach Bowles knows him first-hand during their time with the Dolphins, I'm not worried about work ethic, Todd knows what he wants in a player.

SAR I

Hell if your not worried Im not worried.  but still wondering who the Hell is going to throw him the ball.  Cutler or Foles would be a nice stop gap while we draft a few with some potential.  

Because I think this was a bad move.

Actually you said the problem was because Bowles had a say in it.  Regardless if you like the move, I was curious why it was a bad thing that the HC was involved in the decision to trade for a player he knows?

And I would easily stop supporting the Jets if they did that. 

Brandon Marshall for a 5th or 6th rounder was a good move. Some people are pissed about it but I'd love to know who we will be missing out on in the 5th/6th round that makes this move so SOJ-like. 

Marshall/Decker/Kerley....maybe even keep Harvin for the slot=Lovely. Now go trade that 3rd rounder for Glennon and we'll be straight. 

I think some are drawing the conclusion that there is now no chance of drafting one of these young WRs (any of whom may or may not pan out). I don't think it does. I think it makes it less likely, but only because now we're not forced into such a pick.

Also if we trade with Philadelphia, we're not going to get Cooper or White anyway. Maybe not any of the top 4. And teams will be incentivized to leapfrog us at 20 because they'd all know what we're drafting. Plus if that trade happens we'll have a QB with a Marshall/Decker/Amaro/Kerley receiving corps.

Glennon isn't getting traded. He's not being offered. If they draft Winston #1 they want the ability to sit him or give him legitimate competition to start right off the bat. Especially with a nut like him. You should give it up. It's a pipe dream for a QB who (opinions of him aside) isn't on the trade market.

Bowles was with Marshall in Miami.

I didn't know that. That actually makes this a lot more exciting in my view.

He had a keeper, albeit a mope, in Cutler which, in conjunction with his medication, created a pronounced turn around from the Denver nightmare.

If he and Bowles have good Juju, we may just need a QB to get him the ball and a line to protect the QB.

Sure, that could be. 

But Marshall is a long enough solution. He should still be very productive for the next 3 seasons unless he starts getting injured every year. He's about to turn 31, not 37. 

Hope you are right. 3 years with him would be great and at this point it doesn't matter if you love the move or hate it. (pending the physical) This trade is a done deal so if you didn't like it, now is the time to start hoping that you will grow to love the move. 

Hell if your not worried Im not worried.  but still wondering who the Hell is going to throw him the ball.  Cutler or Foles would be a nice stop gap while we draft a few with some potential.

Cutler

Foles

Sanchez

Mariotta

It's going to be one of them and I'm okay with any/all of them. But if it's Geno Smith, I'm taking the year off, I'll pick a CFL team to get behind, Edmonton sounds about right.

SAR I

You don't want Cutler on your team. Not if your trying to build something there. Yea he is better than Geno, but Cutler will guarantee throw more ill advised ints, then TDS and kill your whole team. .

Plus him and Marshall didn't work in Chicago, so you expect it to work in n.y?

Na..you all don't need it if you trying to build right..

Oh yeah? What if you're trying to build a pile of rubble?

What's wrong here....

You guys want perfection.  Perfection isn't available.  When you can bring in a legit #1 receiver talent, at a fair price, for a late round draft pick...It's a good move.

Seriously, all we heard about Decker last year was that he's not a "true #1", now I'm sure the people that forged that ridiculous argument will complain that we got a "true #1" to put across the field from him.

If this trade goes through, our receiving corps is: Marshall, Decker, Harvin, Kerley, and whoever else. Even if we cut Harvin, this is the best WR corps I can recall in a long time for us.

I love the freedom this gives us in the draft too.

and Bowles coached him with Dolphins,,appears to be a friendship/connection there..

It's a great pick up for a mid rd pick. But Bowles probably did not say ten words to the guy. But on the other hand, he is intimate with Marshall's talent and antics.

I think some are drawing the conclusion that there is now no chance of drafting one of these young WRs (any of whom may or may not pan out). I don't think it does. I think it makes it less likely, but only because now we're not forced into such a pick.

Also if we trade with Philadelphia, we're not going to get Cooper or White anyway. Maybe not any of the top 4. And teams will be incentivized to leapfrog us at 20 because they'd all know what we're drafting. Plus if that trade happens we'll have a QB with a Marshall/Decker/Amaro/Kerley receiving corps.

Glennon isn't getting traded. He's not being offered. If they draft Winston #1 they want the ability to sit him or give him legitimate competition to start right off the bat. Especially with a nut like him. You should give it up. It's a pipe dream for a QB who (opinions of him aside) isn't on the trade market.

Such a dream killer.....

:-)

lol this is true as hell unfortunately. 

This is the first move... we can't do everything all at once... before FA even starts... They made a move and got a legit #1 its a start and with only 7.7 Mil on the books this year. No downside

Cutler

Foles

Sanchez

Mariotta

It's going to be one of them and I'm okay with any/all of them. But if it's Geno Smith, I'm taking the year off, I'll pick a CFL team to get behind, Edmonton sounds about right.

SAR I

Matt Moore is coming... and we draft Bryce Petty

Question:

Did John Idzik had 60 mil in cap space to spend on free agents when he took over the Jets ? 

The problem with John Idzik as GM of the Jets was Rex Ryan .

So Rex Ryan signed those contracts now?  Coach, talent evaluator, cap guru?  Wow.  If Idzik had a problem with Rex it was that Rex did too good a job in 2013, so people expected an improvement.  When Idzik put together that 4-12 roster for 2014 to test out his crappy 4-6th round draft picks people were not happy that they were 4-12. Where is the talent that he amassed?  Sheldon Richardson, Eric Decker and a few guys on IR.  Other than that the cupboard is bare. 

Cutler

Foles

Sanchez

Mariotta

SAR I

Add him and I will meet you in Canada.  Foles , Cutler, Marriotta or even Bradford would be fine.  Prefer not to just draft the rookie because I think the two highest rated this year could benefit from a sitting a bit. Would like one of the Vets along with Marriotta if that was feasible.//

Seriously, all we heard about Decker last year was that he's not a "true #1", now I'm sure the people that forged that ridiculous argument will complain that we got a "true #1" to put across the field from him.

If this trade goes through, our receiving corps is: Marshall, Decker, Harvin, Kerley, and whoever else. Even if we cut Harvin, this is the best WR corps I can recall in a long time for us.

I love the freedom this gives us in the draft too.

With out a doubt, the flexibilty to trade down and acquire assets is there. 

Yes, if Amaro can take a big second year step this will be a truly threatening offense.

Can't load the box against Ivory either.

yes greta point Fidel, Marshall/Decker/Amaro will make it tuffer for teams to stack box vs Jets (as virtually every team did last year) and will open up run seams, dump off passes for our RB corps.

Actually you said the problem was because Bowles had a say in it. Regardless if you like the move, I was curious why it was a bad thing that the HC was involved in the decision to trade for a player he knows?

I understand he knows him. I'm concerned that the HC supported a move that, initially, I think is bad, regardless of that fact.

Also, the people calling him a head case.... how ill-informed and ignorant.

He's on meds. He's probably the least likely head case to worry about across the league. He's not going to just revert. It's not like alcoholism or drug addiction where he can fall off the wagon. His meds might stop working, but his docs will change them. He's become such a huge advocate for personality disorder, he's not going to let his organization or family down. It's not like he's living a daily struggle where he's being beckoned back to a fix. It's totally manageable, especially with strong support.

If he's fully healthy, this is a great move for us. I said it somewhere yesterday, with enough great pieces on the offense, we can hopefully disguise a mediocre QB (or a rookie).

Add him and I will eat you in Canada.  Foles , Cutler, Marriotta or even Bradford would be fine.  Prefer not to just draft the rookie because I think the two highest rated this year could benefit from a sitting a bit. Would like one of the Vets along with Marriotta if that was feasible.//

Fixed.

Alshon Jeffery is an unrestricted free agent next year. They may want to lock him up.

agree, thi sis about locking alson up and trying to move a Vet at that perfect point in time.. 

I still think Jets may make a play for Kiko from eagles in a trade up....

Archived