***Jets trade for Brandon Marshall (pending a physical)***

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, the people calling him a head case.... how ill-informed and ignorant.

He's on meds. He's probably the least likely head case to worry about across the league. He's not going to just revert. It's not like alcoholism or drug addiction where he can fall off the wagon. His meds might stop working, but his docs will change them. He's become such a huge advocate for personality disorder, he's not going to let his organization or family down. It's not like he's living a daily struggle where he's being beckoned back to a fix. It's totally manageable, especially with strong support.

If he's fully healthy, this is a great move for us. I said it somewhere yesterday, with enough great pieces on the offense, we can hopefully disguise a mediocre QB (or a rookie).

actually BPD is one of the toughest mental illnesses to treat and to stay recovered, although there is some evidence it's less severe as you age..

Marshall just got arrested in NY for hitting a girl, within the last 2-3 years I believe

You don't want Cutler on your team. Not if your trying to build something there. Yea he is better than Geno, but Cutler will guarantee throw more ill advised ints, then TDS and kill your whole team. .

Plus him and Marshall didn't work in Chicago, so you expect it to work in n.y?

Na..you all don't need it if you trying to build right..

Cutler has never thrown more ints than tds in a season.

Cutlers stats on some teams with bad olines the last 6 years:

129 tds, 93 ints, 23 lost fumbles

Geno and Sanchez:

93 tds, 103 ints, 27 lost fumbles.

If we can come up with a good alternative like Foles or Bradford then no problem, but we need a real QB even if flawed.

In any case this thread is about Marshall so I'll leave it at that

CutlerFolesSanchezMariottaIt's going to be one of them and I'm okay with any/all of them. But if it's Geno Smith, I'm taking the year off, I'll pick a CFL team to get behind, Edmonton sounds about right.SAR I

I'd take Geno over all of them except Mariota.

To me at least, Geno looked like a different player when Decker was in the game, his only competent receiver. I'd like to see his qb rating differential from the games where Decker played and the ones where he was hurt.

Now with Marshall he should be fine, just wish we didn't waste that money on Kerley. Then we either could've restructured Harvin or drafted Cooper.

What's wrong here....

You guys want perfection.  Perfection isn't available.  When you can bring in a legit #1 receiver talent, at a fair price, for a late round draft pick...It's a good move.

Agreed.  Trading a mid to late round pick for a guy who has been an absolute stud for a number of years (with the exception of last year), even if you will only have him for one or two years, does not seem like a bad move to me.  They are simply hedging their bets.  And a very small percentage of WRs aren't nuts, apparently, so we will just have to live with that aspect of things. 

actually BPD is one of the toughest mental illnesses to treat and to stay recovered, although there is some evidence it's less severe as you age..

Marshall just got arrested in NY for hitting a girl, within the last 2-3 years I believe

I understand that, but with the spotlight and support around him, it's not the issue that some people are griping it is. The way it's being spoken about here is that he's a repeat offender type, like Josh Gordon and weed.

I understand that, but with the spotlight and support around him, it's not the issue that some people are griping it is. The way it's being spoken about here is that he's a repeat offender type, like Josh Gordon and weed.

He's also not a child anymore. Gordon (clearly) still is.

What compels a scout-GM to trade away draft picks?

Knowing he'll be getting more back. I firmly believe we'll be doing some trading back in this draft. Mac knows what those early round picks are worth.

Harvin for a 4th or Marshall for a 5th...you have to make one of those moves? You take Marshall every time. For less money as well.

Idzik giving up our 6th rounder is an interesting parting gift. Especially since he held on to all 12 picks last year. What an idiot.

What compels a scout-GM to trade away draft picks?

Knowing he'll be getting more back. I firmly believe we'll be doing some trading back in this draft. Mac knows what those early round picks are worth.

Was just thinking that.  Get Foles from the Eagles for our first and a ton of picks. Sounds like a plan.  :)

Five years of 100+ catches, three seasons of double digit TDs, including two of the last three and would have been three straight if not for a season in which he was hampered by injuries and clearly far from 100%, yet still caught 8 TDs.

This is a legitimate elite NFL WR and he's still in his prime, and people still want to bitch. And why? Because he previously had an undiagnosed personality disorder? He's been a model citizen for years.

Spot on. This is a great move by the Jets.

Harvin gone along with our 6th rounder BUT

We have Marshall, a true #1 WR to pair with Decker. 

Amaro and Kerley will have a ton of space underneath. 

Now we need a QB....Foles/Glennon/Mariotta? 

Ahhh...Jets looking better by the day. 

LL

Foles.. B.Marshall has even co signed Foles being a franchise QB.

If Foles is being valued or to be accepted by us as (roughly) a 2nd round pick, should Philadelphia move up, then why not offer our 2nd for him right now? They can always say no, and it's not like we have any other options on the back burner (and it seems Maccagnan's already mentally past the idea of picking Mariota for ourselves). Or a 3rd and Geno Smith so Kelly can work his Sanchezmagic on Geno.

But if they had our 2nd instead of Foles, Philadelphia doesn't have to force-feed a trade partner into accepting their desired value for Foles, and our 2nd is more valuable than theirs is. They can still trade up with anyone, us included, but then they wouldn't have to argue over the trade value of Nick Foles. It might make a trade-up easier for them, especially if it starts to look like Mariota might not make it to #6. 

There's always the chance they can strike out and end up with nothing, I suppose. But Sanchez is still available as a stop-gap for 1 season and he clearly doesn't want Foles long-term anyway.

I dont get why people are hating this move and then the same people say keep harvin....Harvin is more of a head case and less of a talented receiver than marshall is...how can you hate this move the guy scored 3 tds in a game on basically one leg hes a stud. He will draw the double team that will open up decker and kerley. for a fifth round pick...he's better than any receiver available in the draft. 

this

Harvin for a 4th or Marshall for a 5th...you have to make one of those moves? You take Marshall every time. For less money as well.

Idzik giving up our 6th rounder is an interesting parting gift. Especially since he held on to all 12 picks last year. What an idiot.

No name calling ;) he cant help the way he is, he was born that way , LOL

Cutler has never thrown more ints than tds in a season.

Cutlers stats on some teams with bad olines the last 6 years:

129 tds, 93 ints, 23 lost fumbles

Geno and Sanchez:

93 tds, 103 ints, 27 lost fumbles.

If we can come up with a good alternative like Foles or Bradford then no problem, but we need a real QB even if flawed.

In any case this thread is about Marshall so I'll leave it at that

I agree you need a solid QB. Foles would be good. I just know if the jets had Culter, if u were pist w Geno last year, you would be equally if not more pist at Culter..

As talented as he is..he stays making stupid mistakes..

I just think Culter will frustrate Jet fans to no end.

But either way, good pick up w B.Marshall.

Would you say he's(B.Marshall) a better keyshawn Johnson jets fans?

I thought it was $0 guaranteed now, but his 2015 salary ($7.5M) is guaranteed in like a week. Hardly matters, since no team makes a trade like this and then threatens to cut him if he won't take a pay cut.

They renegotiate prior to the deal

Was just thinking that.  Get Foles from the Eagles for our first and a ton of picks. Sounds like a plan.   :)

I am assuming that is plan Phil all along, BUT, I would go for Foles and new Eagle LB Kiki (since Harris 90% will go to Rex/Bills) and a few less picks than a slew ;)

all true LL, plus less safe for opposing D's  to stack the box vs us than before, opening up dump passes ot RBs and run seams for RBs, along with more yards on scrambles.

He's also not a child anymore. Gordon (clearly) still is.

What do you think this trade will do in regards to Percy Harvin? Do you think that with bringing in a Legit #1 WR that we could convince him to take a pay cut to be our gadget guy in the slot? I never wanted to pay Harvin that type of money, but now that we actually have a guy like Marshall here before FA even starts, what do you think about a possible restructure over the weekend? 

Now we need a QB....Foles/Glennon/Mariotta? 

Ahhh...Jets looking better by the day. 

LL

Problem is Kerley does not go underneath a lot.  In fact Jets had no one last year to do that - maybe it was coaching but

Ivory cant catch

Connor Cant run

Johnson should have had that role but rarely did for whatever reason - guess he cant catch

the rest of the WR would catch short but close to sideline (that play over and over)

Amaro caught mostly over the middle but > 10 yards

we need a Crebet now

Archived