***Jets trade for Brandon Marshall (pending a physical)***

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful move.

31 by the time the season starts. Horrendous attitude.

Classic Jets. Will obviously blow up.

Who did you think we would draft in the 5th round????    Other than D. Thomas and Dez Bryant, who in FA is better than Marshall?  At age 31, he has several productive seasons left, we still draft a wide receiver to groom in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounds.   Now we don't need to sign a high priced WR in FA and focus on other areas of need.  The guy has not had any "problems" in years and Bowles knows him from Miami and remember one of our new FO execs came from Chicago and knows infinitely more about Marshall then you do.   This was a real low risk high reward move.   

Awful move.

31 by the time the season starts. Horrendous attitude.

Classic Jets. Will obviously blow up.

Could not have said it better. I liked the gm/coach but was slightly concerned that they didnt cut harvin right away. Now this awful move, and its over. These guys are as clueless as the last regime. Damn.

Good luck with our new great Wr core with Geno Smith or Matt moore throwing the ball tio the other team or missing them on wide open plays.

Of course the Jets need a QB.  No one is disputing this.  But does that mean they shouldn't do the best they can to upgrade all other positions?  I don't get your logic.  Perhaps that's because there is very little of it to see.  Do you think they should do absolutely nothing until such time as the QB problem is addressed?  That would be utterly ridiculous.

I wonder if a lot of you folks realize that fantasy football and real Football is not the same game.  Fantasy football is like wacking off and swearing you got laid.

This is a great ( not solid) move for the Jets .

According to whom ?  How many of those picks are players in the league ? How can anyone grade a draft pick after 1 yr ?    Of your 4 supposed hits, how do you know any of em are actually hits after 1 lousy season ?

Tajh Boyd signed with the Steelers today.  Say whaaaat? 

Also, the people calling him a head case.... how ill-informed and ignorant.

He's on meds. He's probably the least likely head case to worry about across the league. He's not going to just revert. It's not like alcoholism or drug addiction where he can fall off the wagon. His meds might stop working, but his docs will change them. He's become such a huge advocate for personality disorder, he's not going to let his organization or family down. It's not like he's living a daily struggle where he's being beckoned back to a fix. It's totally manageable, especially with strong support.

If he's fully healthy, this is a great move for us. I said it somewhere yesterday, with enough great pieces on the offense, we can hopefully disguise a mediocre QB (or a rookie).

100% correct.  Marshall is the poster child for mental health rehab and is a shining example of success through accurate diagnosis and treatment.  This board is so full of ignorami that all they can see is past bad behavior and assume there has been no change.  Some people here never let facts get in their way of displaying their own inability to reason.

we need a damn QB...I'll take Cutler from Bears, too...warts and all.

GENO CANNOT BE THE ANSWER!!!!

Over the years there have been no bigger Cutler fan than me. He's the guy I wanted to draft instead of Brick Ferguson and still would have to this day.  Have you seen Cutler play lately ? He's a veteran, been in the league for yrs, and he makes Geno Smith look like a stud.

Tanny did it with holmes, idzik w/ harvin and now mac w/ marshall. There is a reason teams are giving these guys away for nothing. Y do we keep falling for this over and over and over?

Reason: same old jets.

Same old jets is alive and well. Unbelievable.

The difference will be if Marshall gets a new contract and what it looks like. The Holmes trade was good the new contract was bad. Getting Marshall Helps a young QB develop for a year or two before Marshall is released. 

100% correct. Marshall is the poster child for mental health rehab and is a shining example of success through accurate diagnosis and treatment. This board is so full of ignorami that all they can see is past bad behavior and assume there has been no change. Some people here never let facts get in their way of displaying their own inability to reason.

Marshall is not taking any meds for his condition. Where do u guys get this misinformation?

I really like this move.  Marshall will be the best WR to suit up for this team in many moons.  Their receivers all of a sudden are a formidable bunch. I'm no Geno fan by any stretch of the imagination, but he was done no favors the last two years in terms of offensive personnel.  If he is in fact the QB to start the year, I'm anxious to see what he can do with some legitimate targets this time around. There will be no more excuses for him. 

I think this is a good start for Maccagnan.  Now go sign us some CB's in free agency! 

Tanny did it with holmes, idzik w/ harvin and now mac w/ marshall. There is a reason teams are giving these guys away for nothing. Y do we keep falling for this over and over and over?

Reason: same old jets.

Same old jets is alive and well. Unbelievable.

He cost us nothing but less than what Harvin would make next yr and he's by far a better WR. What's the problem ?

And now there's no more speculation about a 4th for Harvin like it was an irreplaceable pot of gold.

We have no 5th or 6th rounder this year. I prefer we had both, but we have effectively infinity cap room and aren't likely to find a Brandon Marshall in round 5 this year. Not saying it couldn't happen, but the odds are pretty damn small.

And being able to absorb Marshall's $8M per for 3 seasons, like it was nothing, is the reason a non-contender doesn't burn $15M on a 1 year rental of Darrelle Revis.

Now if we draft a WR - or trade for Foles - this is a top-notch crew of pass catchers to throw to. They won't make a garbage QB a great one, but it'll help hide an awful lot of suck.

Exactly.  The beauty of this move is that it gives the Jets the ability to cut Harvin and keep the 4th round pick.  Net net, it's Harvin, a 5th, and a 6th for Marshall and a 4th - that's a no brainer.  Yes, Percy is younger than Marshall, but he's as much of a problem in the locker room, costs more money, and costs significantly more in draft compensation.

The difference will be if Marshall gets a new contract and what it looks like. The Holmes trade was good the new contract was bad. Getting Marshall Helps a young QB develop for a year or two before Marshall is released.

Yeah. Brandon Marshall is the postsr child for being patient while a young qb learns the rope. I cant believe im reading some of this stuff.

The Jets were 4 and 12. They took 12 draft picks last year and missed on 10 of them. 

Just a very short sighted comment.  It takes 3 years to evaluate a draft.  Pryor struggled but should be better as Bowles will play him to his strengths.  Amaro also showed flashes and led all rookie TEs in catches.  I was impressed by IK and Reilly.  Dozier has potential but never got an opportunity; he will under Bowles.   The injuries ruined the rookie seasons of Shaq Evans and Dexter MacDougle, and the jury is also still out on Enunwa.   In two years we could look back on this draft a lot differently and if so it will be fun to come back and read some of these comments. 

Who drafted him again?  Remind me.

When you don't have a QB, you take the next best 1.  Geno was a solid 2nd round pick. It's not his fault he was forced into what he was not ready for.  The GM picks the players, bot who decides who starts again ?

What do you think this trade will do in regards to Percy Harvin? Do you think that with bringing in a Legit #1 WR that we could convince him to take a pay cut to be our gadget guy in the slot? I never wanted to pay Harvin that type of money, but now that we actually have a guy like Marshall here before FA even starts, what do you think about a possible restructure over the weekend? 

I think it means he's getting cut. He was refusing a pay cut because he thought he could get more than that elsewhere, not because we didn't have other receivers on the team.

Exactly.  The beauty of this move is that it gives the Jets the ability to cut Harvin and keep the 4th round pick.  Net net, it's Harvin, a 5th, and a 6th for Marshall and a 4th - that's a no brainer.  Yes, Percy is younger than Marshall, but he's as much of a problem in the locker room, costs more money, and costs significantly more in draft compensation.

Marshall is much more physical  - like take the ball away from defenders physical. 

Not a better athlete than Harvin, but a much bigger red zone threat. 

I really like this move.  Marshall will be the best WR to suit up for this team in many moons.  Their receivers all of a sudden are a formidable bunch. I'm no Geno fan by any stretch of the imagination, but he was done no favors the last two years in terms of offensive personnel.  If he is in fact the QB to start the year, I'm anxious to see what he can do with some legitimate targets this time around. There will be no more excuses for him. 

I think this is a good start for Maccagnan.  Now go sign us some CB's in free agency! 

Sign Revis if you can and a Pass rusher and lets go draft some OLmen and kick some AFC tail.  If not Revis, sign  2 lower tier CBs and 2 OLBer.

He cost us nothing but less than what Harvin would make next yr and he's by far a better WR. What's the problem ?

The problem is hes a cancer, hes on the wrong side of 30, he has no speed and this team needs to be building for the future.

It shows this team has learned nothing from its mistakes. New gm, same stupid moves.

Raise your hand if your wife hasn't tried to do this.

Countless women despiiiiiiiise me and yet none of them have drawn blood. I've been hit with a shoe, been bitten, punched, and had all of my credit card info put on a blog, but never got stabbed.

When you don't have a QB, you take the next best 1.  Geno was a solid 2nd round pick. It's not his fault he was forced into what he was not ready for.  The GM picks the players, bot who decides who starts again ?

1.  The GM said he had input in who was going to start at QB.  From Day 1.

2. Who signed David Garrard and Michael Vick?  When those are your options, why not start Geno?

3. When you don't have QB you take the next best 1?  They why didn't they take Bridgewater, Carr, Garoppolo or even Manziel?

The problem is hes a cancer, hes on the wrong side of 30, he has no speed and this team needs to be building for the future.

It shows this team has learned nothing from its mistakes. New gm, same stupid moves.

Dude, he's a football player who makes plays. It's something the Jets don't have.  Do you realize that lasyt yr the Jets had no WRs who could take the ball away from a defender on those 50/50 balls.

You win with talent, and this is a talented player who can teach the 2 young WRs on or roster how to play the game.

Archived