the good news is that now harvin is gone

Jets723

Look i will admit i wasnt a fan of keeping him mostly because of the hefty cap hit and giving up a high 4th rounder. I also never saw him as a traditional reciever despite his talent. Look marshall also has his issues like harvin but he is cheaper and a better reciever

Not good news. Best news of the off-season!!!!!!!

Get that monumental jerk off the New York Jets!

Marshall had some issues but he has a severe mental illness that was undiagnosed and untreated. He is receiving the necessary care and appears to have made really big strides in his management of the illness.

Harvin was a schmuck, is a schmuck, and will likely continue to be one.

Marshall had some issues but he has a severe mental illness that was undiagnosed and untreated. He is receiving the necessary care and appears to have made really big strides in his management of the illness.

What has Harvin ever done wrong? (while on the Jets roster) the answer is nothing. Harvin has acted professionally and there is no reason to bad mouth him. Honestly the only two reason to get rid of him are the 4th (more important) and the cap hit. If they decide to keep Harvin I wouldn't lose any sleep over it honestly, he may have been a cancer to other organizations but as a Jet he has been well behaved and is undeserving of comments like this from Jets fans.

What has Harvin ever done wrong? (while on the Jets roster) the answer is nothing. Harvin has acted professionally and there is no reason to bad mouth him. Honestly the only two reason to get rid of him are the 4th (more important) and the cap hit. If they decide to keep Harvin I wouldn't lose any sleep over it honestly, he may have been a cancer to other organizations but as a Jet he has been well behaved and is undeserving of comments like this from Jets fans.

Careful, he has kept track of harvin's issues since middle school..

Brandon Marshall and Percy Harvin have completely different skill sets. They don't get in each other's way on a football team. I am still not ready to completely give up on bringing back Percy to be that x-factor guy who plays all over the field.

Brandon Marshall and Percy Harvin have completely different skill sets. They don't get in each other's way on a football team. I am still not ready to completely give up on bringing back Percy to be that x-factor guy who plays all over the field.

Exactly, Marshall makes this a potential a very good offense. Adding Harvin to the mix and maybe either Spiller/Vereen makes this a scary good offense. Everyone here acts like its either one or the other , but I say keep Harvin even if it means shifting some $$ to guaranteed.

29 catches over 8 games.

and that is a fair argument. He also saved us from what should have been a very embarrassing safety during that stupid camouflage play. I am not saying that the guy is worth the 10m per year and I am certainly not saying that he is worth giving up a high 4th round pick to keep. My problem is that he doesn't deserve to be put down when he came to our team, did his best (keep in mind he didn't go to training camp with the jets and joined us halfway through the season) and he wasn't a source of drama for our organization.

Harvin has special skill set - true - but he's still going to want big bucks to resign.  For what he does he can be replaced by a guy like Jamison Crowder.   

This right here. Gaylee likes to play spread offense n I get a feeling Harvin will play for the Jets this year. Marshall and Decker on the outside, Harvin and Kerley in the slot. From the worst set of WRs to possibly the best 3 WRs on any team. Not going to complain about us finally investing in the offense. And I don't mind us drafting Mariotta either, although I'd love for us to drop back a spots n pick up a day 2 pick+.

Yeah to me thats a terrible question.  What did Holmes do to our organization before he got his long term deal?  He was a total angel.  Then he got his contract and we saw the real Holmes.  Harvin may have learned and matured now but I'd rather not gamble on that.  If we decided to keep him and he was ok to restructure I would still be really worried that he would revert like Holmes did.

I'm really happy to move on from Harvin.  Between his injury history, the fact he's not a traditional outside WR and the changes in the game where returners aren't as valued as they once were means he just doesn't have a whole lot of value on this team.  He really does fit the Patriots scheme much better and wouldn't be surprised if he goes there.

I never had a problem with cutting Harvin as long as we maintained depth at wr

Jets sucked in the red zone last year.  Harvin was no use there.  Marshall will be.  Will also outmuscle receivers for passes, something most Jet receivers (Decker excepted) do not do.

Mentally ill people often time go undiagnosed and untreated for years. But, unlike other disabled citizens, society treats them like crap and labels them. How about giving the guy a shot, first. Besides, you got to be nuts to play for this team.

Careful, he has kept track of harvin's issues since middle school..

That's pretty funny. I researched everything in his past to make it clear to others what a piece of crap he is. I friggin' despise Harvin.

I am rooting for Marshall who is fighting, and seems to be currently winning, a battle against a very difficult and serious illness.

For those of you that have never known someone with Borderline Personality Disorder...look it up.

Harvin's baggage is far less likely a disease, but rather the characteristics of a huge a-hole.

Listen, the kid wants too much much money for his services. Yet, he was very professional and well behaved while in a Jets uniform. I certainly would not be opposed to him resigning at a more cap friendly deal after he has a chance to test the free agent market. If you were willing to take say, 6 million a year for three years that would be a good deal. Percy Harvin, does not need to be bad mouth by any Jets fan, the guy didn't do anything to deserve that.

Listen, the kid wants too much much money for his services. Yet, he was very professional and well behaved while in a Jets uniform. I certainly would not be opposed to him resigning at a more cap friendly deal after he has a chance to test the free agent market. If you were willing to take say, 6 million a year for three years that would be a good deal. Percy Harvin, does not need to be bad mouth by any Jets fan, the guy didn't do anything to deserve that.

Oh really? Do you defend Kyle Wilson when he gets bashed relentlessly for being a lousy football player? By all accounts, Wilson is a super nice guy that does a lot of charity work off the field.

Get off the high horse pal. Harvin has a long track record of being anything but a nice guy. He is not as bad as Wilson on the field but certainly isn't very good either.

Hypocrisy is bad form.

Oh really? Do you defend Kyle Wilson when he gets bashed relentlessly for being a lousy football player? By all accounts, Wilson is a super nice guy that does a lot of charity work off the field.

Get off the high horse pal. Harvin has a long track record of being anything but a nice guy.

Pray tell what high horse am I on????

I don't give a hoot what the Viking or Seahawks have to say about him, most likely its deserved. Yet tell me "pal" , what did he do as a NY Jet, for any fan of this Football team to bad mouth him ??? Other then expect to be paid what his contract called for.

Pray tell what high horse am I on????

I don't give a hoot what the Viking or Seahawks have to say about him, most likely its deserved. Yet tell me "pal" , what did he do as a NY Jet, for any fan of this Football team to bad mouth him ??? Other then expect to be paid what his contract called for.

Wasting my time. Your logic is so flawed. Mike Vick didn't create any problems while a Jet either. Does that mean my wife can't bad mouth him for electrocuting dogs?

Wasting my time. Your logic is so flawed. Mike Vick didn't create any problems while a Jet either. Does that mean my wife can't bad mouth him for electrocuting dogs?

Good at least we can agree on that, you are certainly wasting both your time and mine. Have a very fine evening.

He was behaved as a Jet because if he got himself kicked off two teams in a single season, his career was probably going to be over.  Plus, he was looking to bolster his chances of another big (or at least decent-sized) contract since it wasn't likely the Jets would retain him at $10.5 million.

Once he gets his next contract, the old Percy that Minnesota and Seattle couldn't wait to get rid of (even though they'd paid him huge sums of money) will return.

And that Schmuck as you so eloquently put it will be in NE first thing Tuesday morning to sign a deal there to torture us twice a year for the next 1-3 years.

And that Schmuck as you so eloquently put it will be in NE first thing Tuesday morning to sign a deal there to torture us twice a year for the next 1-3 years.

Even if he does sign there, you have nothing to worry about. He will spend gamedays in the trainer's room and be a free agent 9 weeks later when Belicheat boots him for choking an assistant coach, starting fights in the locker room, and infecting other players with his awful attitude.

don't completely understand the harvin hate.  would have been awesome trio of Harvin, Decker and Marshall.  completely understand him being cut due to his massive salary though.  shame he didn't restructure - i guess he didn't want to stay in NY after all.

It's the 4th that's the Killer, Harvin's 10mill is high for a gimmick player, we've traded our 5th for Marshall, and losing our 4th would leave use with a 1st 2nd 3rd 6th. We are rebuilding that 4th is Gold.

exactly

It's the 4th that's the Killer, Harvin's 10mill is high for a gimmick player, we've traded our 5th for Marshall, and losing our 4th would leave use with a 1st 2nd 3rd 6th. We are rebuilding that 4th is Gold.

Like Jalen Saunders Gold - if we miss on this draft pick we'll be kicking ourselves watching Harvin put up big numbers elsewhere. Sure 10M is a lot of $$ but its an ideal contract with no guaranteed money. Hell at this point I'd be willing to restructure to give him some guaranteed cash so that we can have an offense DC's will have to take seriously for the first time in a decade.  

Look i will admit i wasnt a fan of keeping him mostly because of the hefty cap hit and giving up a high 4th rounder. I also never saw him as a traditional reciever despite his talent. Look marshall also has his issues like harvin but he is cheaper and a better reciever

Better news would be that Harvin redoes his contract and we have Decker & Marshall wide with Harvin in the slot.

Archived