What offensive players should the Jets target in FA now?

bealeb319

With Marshal / Decker / Kerley / Harvin (likely cut) on the roster right now, who else should the Jets try to pick up in the off season?

My vote is:

Jordan Cameron : With Decker and Marshal at WR we could look to target another TE this guy is a beast if he can stay healthy.

Randal Cobb : up until today I didn't want Cobb and truth be told we really don't need him, but in a go big or go home type of scenario could you imagine a Jets offense that looked something like Marshal / Decker / Cobb / Cameron? would make for a good core I think.

Overkill.

I'd be happy with a guard other than Iupati (I've soured on him because of his pass protection issues), Shane Vereen (3.5 mil per as opposed to Spiller who might get a couple more), Fasano and Fitzpatrick/Locker/Moore (Foles in a trade with Philly for number 6 is my preferred option but it's doubtful)

Santonio Holmes ftw

Im honestly not opposed to that considering he would basically be forced to play for the vet minimum or not at all this season. people seem to think Bowels can handle players with problems, this would be a good test lol, either way I think he would give us his moneys worth before getting a toe injury and being sent to the IR list at the vet minimum

I also wouldn't mind adding Stevie Johnson for depth if we could get him cheap. (we could still use depth considering Decker was on and off the field all last season and Marshal is coming off an injury(atleast he plays hurt))

Starting caliber guard (Iupati, Boling?), QB with starting experience (Matt Moore?), back who can play on third downs (Spiller, Powell?), maybe a backup type offensive tackle or a blocking TE if the right opportunity arises.

It's kind of a wide range but the Jets have a lot of young guards and may want to let them compete for a starting spot or may want to just plug a guy in, the QB there aren't any outstanding options so I just threw Moore out there, at RB they need a security blanket do everything guy who can play specials and a pass catching back who can spell Ivory and it's a question of whether they like the draft or FA for those roles. Then they could go draft for the tackle and blocking TE would make sense if it happens but could easily not. I wouldn't be opposed to another WR either but they should be set there.

OFFENSIVE LINE is number one. The Jets have an opportunity to seriously raise the level of their o-line to elite if they can land a high level guard.

The only other weapon I'd target would be CJ Spiller. If we landed him the Jets would have an incredible amount of weapons on offense. Something we haven't seen maybe ever in Jets history.

Archived