Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All kidding aside if they get anything out of Cassel (a big IF I know) they have what looks like a pretty good team up there...

Supposedly trying to lure Iupati to team with Incognito at RG....damn good duo if Incognito hasn't lost a step. 

How about playing next to Mangold?

That would be incredible...hoping Greg Roman's relationship with him in SF doesn't help sway Iupati toward Buffalo.

Brandon Browner - DB - Patriots

The Boston Herald reports the Patriots are allowing CB Brandon Browner to "explore his value around the league."

Source: Boston Herald Mar 9 - 2:11 PM

Keeping Revis? I hope we don't wait too long on Revis and end up with Another 3rd tier CB

Winning 4 super bowls gives you the luxury of getting your top tier talent like McCourty to sign for less and guys like Browner to restructure/take pay cuts to keep things from breaking up.

As much as I can't stand him, you have to give props to Brady.  He is grossly underpaid compared to what other QB's of inferior talent earn...

Winning 4 super bowls gives you the luxury of getting your top tier talent like McCourty to sign for less and guys like Browner to restructure/take pay cuts to keep things from breaking up.

As much as I can't stand him, you have to give props to Brady.  He is grossly underpaid compared to what other QB's of inferior talent earn...

Whats he care about money. His wife is the bread winner. He's just playing a cute game in her eyes. 

So  maybe we are just keeping quiet as per the rules.  

NFL MEMO

Clubs were advised of the rules for the three-day negotiating period in PP-23-15 (attached). These rules include limitations such as that a club cannot make an 'offer;' or enter into a written or oral agreement of any kind, express or implied, or make promises or representations of any type concerning the terms or conditions of employment to be offered to any Unrestricted Free Agent for inclusion in a Player Contract after the start of the new League Year; or provide assurances of intent as to the future execution of an NFL Player Contract.

"Clubs were further advised that "Any attempt to undermine the purpose of this negotiating period may be considered conduct detrimental to the League." At this time, the League office is beginning investigations into a number of reported agreements with clubs. Violations will be dealt with accordingly."

If the Jets want Iupati, they should offer the most money. That's how you land these players. 

More times than not you'd be right, but ya never know.  Philly supposedly outbid New England for  McCourty and he stayed put and the Raiders can afford to outbid the Jets.

NFL MEMO

Clubs were advised of the rules for the three-day negotiating period in PP-23-15 (attached). These rules include limitations such as that a club cannot make an 'offer;' or enter into a written or oral agreement of any kind, express or implied, or make promises or representations of any type concerning the terms or conditions of employment to be offered to any Unrestricted Free Agent for inclusion in a Player Contract after the start of the new League Year; or provide assurances of intent as to the future execution of an NFL Player Contract.

"Clubs were further advised that "Any attempt to undermine the purpose of this negotiating period may be considered conduct detrimental to the League." At this time, the League office is beginning investigations into a number of reported agreements with clubs. Violations will be dealt with accordingly."

LOL - Lot's of people are going to get in lots trouble.  Mac has stayed quiet.  Nice.

Nothing new here but it's becoming clearer he's coming back.

I'm starting to believe that.  He and the Pats could have worked something out already and it would be for some good money.  Jets can really throw pay this guy more.

why? I'm sure they have priorities, but if they are working all these deals they have a good idea of market

That's what I'm alluding to, or at least I thought it was implicit in what I was saying. They can't possibly sign all of the guys they've been linked to, so if you take inventory of all the mentions of Eagles, you get a sense that they are weighing/setting the market as much as possible.

This was more of a post for those that thing the Eagles are going to steal every player out from under us. 

NFL MEMO

This.

Someone else posted something similar earlier today, but it's good to keep reminding some of our little chickens of this.

And here we go..... Whole offseason will revolve around this again. But in all honesty. They bring in.

Marshall. Iupati. And Revis. That's 3 pro bowlers. No one can complain at all.

Hoping you're right and I really think Cro is coming too.  Not hearing his name anywhere - we're being quiet about but everyone knows it's done.

Archived