Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

Out of everything that's happened the last couple of days, I have to say Worilds retiring at the age of 26, without signs of major injuries, to be the biggest surprise out of them all.

Nope. I'd say the 2nd best TE in football getting traded about 10 minutes after rumors surfaced that he was on the trade block beats the retirement of a JAG linebacker that a few people had a hard-on for. And Revis actually coming back. And Foles for Bradford. But, I guess I'll give it fourth, in a tie with Jake Locker.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess those CTE reports are having a big change with these guys, who don't want to risk too much when they have a few millions in the bank.   

Willis stepping away was a shocker, but the guy made plenty of bank, has an injury, and can take it easy for the rest of his life.  

Locker?  Weird case, but I can see it.  

Worldis is a big shocker because he was set to get some very good money from a team this offseason.  And was probably my target for us at OLB, so that kinda sucks.  

What are our realist QB options now?

Glennon

Mariota

Bradford?

Is Hoyer offically a Texan yet?

I feel like this defensse can go places if we can get a decent QB behind it.

Fitzpatrick has a strong link to the Chan Chan Man.

Fitzpatrick has a strong link to the Chan Chan Man.

True, I just hate the idea of using a guy on what is essentially going to be a 1 year deal, especially with no rookie sitting on the bench learning. Hopefully the Maac has something up his sleeve.

True, I just hate the idea of using a guy on what is essentially going to be a 1 year deal, especially with no rookie sitting on the bench learning. Hopefully the Maac has something up his sleeve.

Well hopefully Geno will learn something behind the ivy league QB.

If both are 100% healthy, who starts opposite Revis: Cromartie, or Milliner?

Gotta figure Cro over Milliner. But what about Skrine? Did we really just shell out $6.5mil/year for a nickel guy? If it works, I'm not complaining. Just seems like a high enough deal that they'd expect him to be the #2.

Gotta figure Cro over Milliner. But what about Skrine? Did we really just shell out $6.5mil/year for a nickel guy? If it works, I'm not complaining. Just seems like a high enough deal that they'd expect him to be the #2.

W.e bro we got to spend the money anyway

I expect Millner to need another year to recover from the Achilles - so give Cro one year solid salary and make him expendable next year when Millner can step in.

I think the plan for Skrine has always been to be the slot guy.

Revis, Cro, Skrine - Milliner pushing Cro

Revis Milliner, Skrine - Mcdougle pushing Skrine

I mean I don't even want him back really unless he plays FS here but the nerves on that guy to not just flat out say YES! to any offer we make him is just amazing. Reunited with the Jets, reunited with Bowles, reunited with Revis. Of course he's gonna join us. But again, I'm not too crazy about him playing corner. He didn't make a single play in coverage the final 10 games I believe last season while still getting toasted so let's calm down with our expectations even if he does join. I much rather have Skrine out ther.

Gotta love how he thinks he'd be the missing piece in Dallas. Or the fact that he says about himself "you're looking at a guy that will get a lot more than people expect him to get so I doubt you will be able to afford me and pay Revis as well". Go to Dallas, who cares. Gives up 300+ yards to Demaryius Thomas and now comes out acting like he's Deion Sanders in his prime. How old is he now? 31? Often injured, couldn't make a single play in coverage from like week 6 on. Enough already, go find a pass rusher, a cover safety and a QB. Get Ellis done. We have good depth at corner, young guys who can come and step in, like Dee or Marcus Williams. No need for Cro to clog up the depth chart and hold us hostage.

I mean I don't even want him back really unless he plays FS here but the nerves on that guy to not just flat out say YES! to any offer we make him is just amazing. Reunited with the Jets, reunited with Bowles, reunited with Revis. Of course he's gonna join us. But again, I'm not too crazy about him playing corner. He didn't make a single play in coverage the final 10 games I believe last season while still getting toasted so let's calm down with our expectations even if he does join. I much rather have Skrine out ther.

What game did he get toasted please tell me? He played great ball last year stop it

What game did he get toasted please tell me? He played great ball last year stop it

It's good that you're admitting you didn't watch him play. How about the Broncos game. Start there. If you have enough time after all those bigplays and touchdowns and catches he gave up I'll give you some more games.

Archived