Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how people act like other teams weren't willing to pay him crazy amounts of money. Yes, we paid a bit more I'm sure, but we all knew going in that this was going to be the case if we really want him back. He played for the SB Champ, of course it would take for ANYBODY to outbid the Pats in order to get Revis to sign with them. I'm glad he's back in green & white. Revis Island is back!

I mean I don't even want him back really unless he plays FS here but the nerves on that guy to not just flat out say YES! to any offer we make him is just amazing. Reunited with the Jets, reunited with Bowles, reunited with Revis. Of course he's gonna join us. But again, I'm not too crazy about him playing corner. He didn't make a single play in coverage the final 10 games I believe last season while still getting toasted so let's calm down with our expectations even if he does join. I much rather have Skrine out ther.

"At first glance, this is the sort of deal that elicits a Bronx cheer. Of 108 qualifying cornerbacks at Pro Football Focus last year, Skrine ranked 82nd."

"At first glance, this is the sort of deal that elicits a Bronx cheer. Of 108 qualifying cornerbacks at Pro Football Focus last year, Skrine ranked 82nd."

Which explains why they are still going after Cro, though I think we need the money other places.

Please don't mention PFF when talking players and performances. They have Dawan Landry as a top 10 safety, they have a lot of good corners somewhere at the bottom and vice versa a lot of backups somewhere in the top half. Those idiots don't know what they're watching. Show me some film of Cromartie playing well and then we can go on with this discussion about how he played "great ball". In 4 years by the way Kareem Jackson on PFF was about the worst corner in football in 2/4 years, the other 2 years he was elite. He goes from being the worst to elite, then back to being the worst and then again back to being elite. Whatever, enjoy your PFF analytics. You might as well let a monkey randomly pick a number to grade players, I think his rankings would be a bit more accurate.

Let's see what Macc will get done today. Revis, Skrine + Powell in one day was already ridiculous.

+ Veteran QB (Fitz, Moore)

+ Edge Rusher (Hardy, Sheard, Orakpo)

+ Change of pace RB (Jacquizz Rodgers)

+ Kenrick Ellis, more D-Line depth

+ Cover Safety (Moore, Parker, Gilchrist, Nate Allen)

Let's see what Macc will get done today. Revis, Skrine + Powell in one day was already ridiculous.

Don't forget Carpenter.

I think Moore is the best vet QB on the list right now and has a Bowles connection. I think the Jets are becoming more attractive right now to a QB as we have some legit weapons in Decker, Marshall, Kerley Amaro and Ivory in the backfield. Powell as well. We're working on the O line and the D is becoming stout.

If we added a vet like Moore who ahs proven himself a solid game mgr type we just may have something here.

I'd like to see Spiller adn a nice edge rusher added or maybe another O lineman before this is all said and done.

Don't forget Carpenter.

I think Moore is the best vet QB on the list right now and has a Bowles connection. I think the Jets are becoming more attractive right now to a QB as we have some legit weapons in Decker, Marshall, Kerley Amaro and Ivory in the backfield. Powell as well. We're working on the O line and the D is becoming stout.

If we added a vet like Moore who ahs proven himself a solid game mgr type we just may have something here.

I'd like to see Spiller adn a nice edge rusher added or maybe another O lineman before this is all said and done.

Ah, forgot all about Carpenter. And to think how people started panicking before FA even began. "But...but...Miami signed Suh! FA started already!!! We're being left behind!"

Macc & Bowles deserve major, major props for IMO handling everything so far 110% the right way. I'm looking forward to day 2.

I love how people act like other teams weren't willing to pay him crazy amounts of money. Yes, we paid a bit more I'm sure, but we all knew going in that this was going to be the case if we really want him back. He played for the SB Champ, of course it would take for ANYBODY to outbid the Pats in order to get Revis to sign with them. I'm glad he's back in green & white. Revis Island is back!

It breaks down to 14m a year...most people were happy to give him 16 yesterday. We got our guy back and it is a sign that we are moving forward, what more could we ask for.

Edge rusher and RB save for the draft

Please don't mention PFF when talking players and performances. They have Dawan Landry as a top 10 safety, they have a lot of good corners somewhere at the bottom and vice versa a lot of backups somewhere in the top half. Those idiots don't know what they're watching. Show me some film of Cromartie playing well and then we can go on with this discussion about how he played "great ball". In 4 years by the way Kareem Jackson on PFF was about the worst corner in football in 2/4 years, the other 2 years he was elite. He goes from being the worst to elite, then back to being the worst and then again back to being elite. Whatever, enjoy your PFF analytics. You might as well let a monkey randomly pick a number to grade players, I think his rankings would be a bit more accurate.

Don't forget it's been saying for years that k Wilson was a good player.

Ah, forgot all about Carpenter. And to think how people started panicking before FA even began. "But...but...Miami signed Suh! FA started already!!! We're being left behind!"

Macc & Bowles deserve major, major props for IMO handling everything so far 110% the right way. I'm looking forward to day 2.

I completely agree. Slow and steady wins the race man.  Even thought they actually did all of this on day one they used the three day window to work things out and made barely an announcement.  Then on the first real day of FA they nab two corners, a guard, re-sign our 3 down back and are working on Cro. Who knows what else they have brewing. 

It's different than years past when we would sign the big name washed up vet that couldn't lift us to anything. These are solid you guys with upside potential and proven guys close to the primes of their careers. Revis is in year 8 and Marshall in year 9 I believe.

Skrine and Carpenter are young.

I like it.

It breaks down to 14m a year...most people were happy to give him 16 yesterday. We got our guy back and it is a sign that we are moving forward, what more could we ask for.

Don't worry, you won't hear from those people. They're busy choking on a humble pie right about now.

Its 16 over the years that matter. We'll either cut him, or he'll hold out for the last 2.

Its 16 over the years that matter. We'll either cut him, or he'll hold out for the last 2.

And if that's the case we got him for 3 years for the price that most fans were happy with yesterday. We also got Marshal, Skrine, Carpenter, and are about to get Cro back. On paper things are looking good.

just a thought please dont kill me but with oakland signing helu, they now have two backs with murray, so dmc is def a goner.  i know he is fragile and has been pretty much a bust, but thoughts on him as a speed back, catching passes out of the backfield?  i bet he would be a hell of a lot cheaper then spiller.  Or do we just pick one up in the draft?  i am still leaning towards draft, but would not hate it

That's assuming there's no holdout after year two or three when the bulk of the money has been paid.

Heard your call on Cataldi this morning-good job

Thanks...I couldn't resist.  That was literally my first thought after Iggles made that deal. I think it was Cimini but I saw a blurb a few days ago saying Bradford and Fitz were the Jets' two targets heading into the offseason.  I know it's somewhat of a crazy theory, but there's absolutely no other way I can understand that trade from the Eagles standpoint.  Everyone on the planet knows that they need a running QB, and he goes out and gets a guy with multiple ACL surgeries?  If his plan is to go with Bradford in his offense then he's ten times crazier than we thought.

That's assuming there's no holdout after year two or three when the bulk of the money has been paid.

You really think at age 32 or 33 he's gonna hold out based on the contract he signed now in his prime at age 29/30, as a superbowl champ and the best corner in football? He's not gonna hold out because he's much more likely to get released if he doesn't restructure. But if he continues to play at an elite level at age 32 I can absolutely see him play out his contract here and then retire obviously when the contract is up. That'd be the icing on the cake.

Thanks...I couldn't resist.  That was literally my first thought after Iggles made that deal. I think it was Cimini but I saw a blurb a few days ago saying Bradford and Fitz were the Jets' two targets heading into the offseason.  I know it's somewhat of a crazy theory, but there's absolutely no other way I can understand that trade from the Eagles standpoint.  Everyone on the planet knows that they need a running QB, and he goes out and gets a guy with multiple ACL surgeries?  If his plan is to go with Bradford in his offense then he's ten times crazier than we thought.

They will have none of it. They have to judge that trade today and panic (although, Chip's methods are curious). I heard that part of the trade, if the Eagles trade Bradford, then the #2 that the Eagles gave up becomes a #3

They will have none of it. They have to judge that trade today and panic (although, Chip's methods are curious). I heard that part of the trade, if the Eagles trade Bradford, then the #2 that the Eagles gave up becomes a #3

Yeah, I know Cataldi has to lose his mind over something every day because people love it.  I don't take  him seriously but he does make me laugh sometimes.  The whole "This is the most disrespectful thing a coach has done to this city in my 25 years" was almost word for word what he said a few months ago about Sam Henke (sp).

I just figured there might be a few rational Eagles fans looking for a reason the trade would have occurred because again, there's no way he's going with Bradford on opening day.  Of course I'm hoping it's to give the Jets Bradford and a bunch of picks, but it could be some other team closer to the top of the draft.  I just found it interesting that I'd read about the Jets targeting Bradford a few days ago and then the Eagles go out and grab him.

There have been instances in the past where a team engaged in trade talks says "We don't want what you have, but we like 'player x' so if you can acquire him and include him in the deal we'd be more willing".

Again...could all be coincidence, but if so...WTF is he thinking?  Even on a day with all this Jets news, Boomer and Carton took time to say WTF is Chip doing?

Archived