Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

Fitz isnt backing up if they trade for him which is just moronic.  Dont care how familiar he is will Chan.  Chan's supposed to be a QB guru who can make it work with anyone. 

Cro is a totally useless and unnecessary signing - he's not even good anymore.  What does he do for the team? 

Cro - 44 Tackles, 10 pass defensed, 3 int, 1 Fumble recovery returned for a touchdown. -2014 season.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take Fitz. He's better than Geno.

Absolutely...It is not even close. 

2014:

Geno - 59.7%, 13 TDs, 13 Ints, 77.5 Rating

Fitz -  63.1%, 17 TDs, 8 Ints, 95.3 Rating

Well worth a 7th if that is the cost.  Fitz is not the long term answer, but he isn't Geno either

Cro is a totally useless and unnecessary signing - he's not even good anymore.  What does he do for the team? 

You've said before that the FO should enter this offseason assuming we have no CB's.  Are you happy with just Revis and Skrine?  I'm not.  At 5-9 Skrine seems like more of a slot guy, no?

Cro had his best years playing alongside Revis, and his hip appears to be fully healed after his "year of rehab" playing for Bowles in AZ.  At the very least he knows Bowles' system and can help out in that respect.  As long as the pricetag isn't too steep I see no reason to be upset with the idea of bringing him back.

Absolutely...It is not even close. 

2014:

Geno - 59.7%, 13 TDs, 13 Ints, 77.5 Rating

Fitz -  63.1%, 17 TDs, 8 Ints, 95.3 Rating

Well worth a 7th if that is the cost.  Fitz is not the long term answer, but he isn't Geno either

We don't own a 5th or 6th and I assume we wont give up anything between rounds 1-4 for the guy.

Revis

Cro

Skrine

Milliner

McDougle

Walls

Williams

I think we keep all of them.

If we keep all of them maby Cro will take a lower contract if we let him play Wr from time to time. He said a few year back he would love to play WR and that he would be one of the best WRs in the league.

You've said before that the FO should enter this offseason assuming we have no CB's.  Are you happy with just Revis and Skrine?  I'm not.  Cro had his best years playing alongside Revis, and his hip appears to be fully healed after his "year of rehab" playing for Bowles in AZ.  At the very least he knows Bowles' system and can help out in that respect.  As long as the pricetag isn't too steep I see no reason to be upset with the idea of bringing him back.

I'm happy with Skrine and Revis.  Signing them to me was acting as if you dont have any corners.

There are other areas of need, rather invest in those areas than sign 2 corners on the plus side of 30.

What does Cro do for the team?  Are they really that much better if they sign him?

If we keep all of them maby Cro will take a lower contract if we let him play Wr from time to time. He said a few year back he would love to play WR and that he would be one of the best WRs in the league.

Can you imagine Cro going down the middle? LOL

I'm happy with Skrine and Revis.  Signing them to me was acting as if you dont have any corners.

There are other areas of need, rather invest in those areas than sign 2 corners on the plus side of 30.

What does Cro do for the team?  Are they really that much better if they sign him?

Skrine seems like more of a slot guy.  Cro becomes your # 2.  Milliner gets converted to FS. 

Fitz isnt backing up if they trade for him which is just moronic.  Dont care how familiar he is will Chan.  Chan's supposed to be a QB guru who can make it work with anyone. 

Fitz will be the smartest guy in Floram Park.  He'll be able to break down Chans offense for Geno and play if necessary.  The good news is Genos leash will be extremely short now that we have a viable option behind him.  Stop being stupid..  they're giving Geno one more chance.

I happen to agree with you somewhat on Cro because I'm hopeful that Milliner and Macdougle can make comebacks.  That said looks like Macc isn't taking any chances.  The polar opposite of the worst thing that ever happened to the Jets in Idzik.

Yeah, we should have picked up Revis last year so we could go 6-10 and then had the privilege of watching him bounce on us like he did to the Pats.

Um.... no T0m.  The Bucs contract was available.  He was getting $13M until 2018.  Seems like a value now.  I know you would prefer not to have extra wins, but saving $3M per season seems like a good deal to me.  It is not even Revis, it is CB contracts in general.  It was an obvious need and the guy struck out and struck out in a depressed market.  Talib, Cromartie, Verner, Shields, Grimes and Vontae Davis all signed deals that would be considered friendly right now.  Browner, Thurmond, Chris Cook.  

CrazyCarl won't like his Notre Dame guy Walls being so far down in the depth chart. 

Sure I will. I'm all for him getting into a role where he has a better chance of succeeding. And they'll have injuries and hopefully he can continue to get better and step in when needed. He had some moments last season, let's see if he can continue that into this season.

I've been calling for Fitzpatrick for months. Makes the most sense at this point. Maybe he can even teach Geno to count to 10. Draft a QB in the 2nd round to develop... Hundley maybe ?

As a guy who also has an awesome red beard. I am on board. I bet RB in the 2nd and QB in the 3rd and OL in the 4th after OLB at 6.

I completely agree. Slow and steady wins the race man.  Even thought they actually did all of this on day one they used the three day window to work things out and made barely an announcement.  Then on the first real day of FA they nab two corners, a guard, re-sign our 3 down back and are working on Cro. Who knows what else they have brewing. 

It's different than years past when we would sign the big name washed up vet that couldn't lift us to anything. These are solid you guys with upside potential and proven guys close to the primes of their careers. Revis is in year 8 and Marshall in year 9 I believe.

Skrine and Carpenter are young.

I like it.

What we've done this FA period qualifies as slow and steady?

Skrine seems like more of a slot guy.  Cro becomes your # 2.  Milliner gets converted to FS. 

Cool.  Does Cro really make the Jets better?  Thats going to be a ton of money tied up in the secondary with your most valuable pieces on the team looking for new deals soon.

Fitz will be the smartest guy in Floram Park.  He'll be able to break down Chans offense for Geno and play if necessary.  The good news is Genos leash will be extremely short now that we have a viable option behind him.  Stop being stupid..  they're giving Geno one more chance.

I happen to agree with you somewhat on Cro because I'm hopeful that Milliner and Macdougle can make comebacks.  That said looks like Macc isn't taking any chances.  The polar opposite of the worst thing that ever happened to the Jets in Idzik.

Fitz is garbage and its embarrassing that the fanbase is gushing for him.  Cro is just not necessary signing.  period. 

Fitzpatrick threw for like 5 or 6 touchdowns in one game last year. Did Geno throw for that much all year?

Geno threw 4 Interceptions in 4 series against the Bills last year, one day after I wrote up a whole article about how Geno wasn't all that bad.

So there is that.

Cool.  Does Cro really make the Jets better?  Thats going to be a ton of money tied up in the secondary with your most valuable pieces on the team looking for new deals soon.

Fitz is garbage and its embarrassing that the fanbase is gushing for him.  Cro is just not necessary signing.  period. 

What would you do to fix our QB problem. You need to sign a Veteran and cant say we WILL get this guy in the draft seeing as no one in the draft is a guarantee.

That there are fans that absolutely were ape crap that the Jets could obtain Foles, and then roll their eyes at obtaining Fitzpatrick boggles my mind.

Sorry if Foles is a lot younger and has more upside. Sorry that Foles has a better feel for the pocket and is a better decision maker. Sorry.

On what planet would Fitzpatrick not beat out Geno for the starting job?  In 2012, his last season under Chan Gailey, Fitzpatrick completed 61 % of his throws for 3,400 yards, 24 TD's and 16 INT's.  Last year in Houston he completed 63 % of his throws, had nearly 8.0 yards per attempt, 17 TD's and 8 INT's.

Compared to Geno those numbers are downright Breesian.

Yes, Cro makes the Jets better.  You're right, however, that price-tag matters.  If the Cowboys or Cardinals want to out-bid us for his services and hand him $7M per season, let them do it.  But if he can be had for a number closer to the $3.5M AZ paid him last year, you absolutely get him on a 2-year deal.  Our cap situation is looking great for the next 3 years, so I'm not worried about tying up money anywhere right now.  Spend where we see fit.

On what planet would Fitzpatrick not beat out Geno for the starting job? In 2012, his last season under Chan Gailey, Fitzpatrick completed 61 % of his throws for 3,400 yards, 24 TD's and 16 INT's. Last year in Houston he completed 63 % of his throws, had nearly 8.0 yards per attempt, 17 TD's and 8 INT's.

Compared to Geno those numbers are downright Breesian.

Which is the only reason I'm okay with this. I think Fitz is dog sh*t... But if he had a better season then Geno? I'll take him. I'll take anyone better because that gives us a way better chance of winning.

I think Geno could excel under Gailey.  Gailey will play to his strengths and not make him deal with taking snaps under center.  Obviously, you can't bank on that so you go after a vet as insurance and keep looking.  Fitzpatrick fits that perfectly and is probably a good guy to have around your younger QBs

Which is the only reason I'm okay with this. I think Fitz is dog sh*t... But if he had a better season then Geno? I'll take him. I'll take anyone better because that gives us a way better chance of winning.

He's the perfect stopgap guy.  Obviously if Brees is available you do everything in your power to get him.  If there is a QB we love in the draft you go get him as well. 

Barring that what decent QB option is out there to start for us in 2015?  New regimes always mean new QB's so I see no reason why our new front office and coaching staff has ANY reason to stick with Geno.  Fitzpatrick knows Gailey's system and has ties to McCagnan in Houston.  He's a very logical fit.  Matt Moore is the other option that makes sense if we don't go with Fitzy. 

Archived