Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

Unless Geno implodes during training camp and pre season he will most likely be our QB. Fitz would be a prefect back up because his knowledge of the system. even if we got another QB, Futz would provide that experience for them.

See that Geno imploded last year and the year before I am fully confident he will implode again.  I'll actually be angry if he is handed the started job day1.  If he beats out Fitzpatrick?  Fine, if not hit the pine.  There should be no 'declared' starter going into camp.  Earn the friggin spot.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here we go

You just know the NFL is going to sh*t on the Jets parade and take a pick from us.

Macc right about...now:

O9rw2CO.gif

Seriously though, they investigate ALL 32 teams. ALL the moves so far will be reviewed. So the NFL isn't after us, they're doing their job. Doesn't mean we're safe of course...

Unless Geno implodes during training camp and pre season he will most likely be our QB. Fitz would be a prefect back up because his knowledge of the system. even if we got another QB, Futz would provide that experience for them.

LOL what? You don't trade for a better QB and then let the crap one have the chance to implode, which he will. Just stop with the nonsense. Fitzpatrick is the starter.

here we go

You just know the NFL is going to sh*t on the Jets parade and take a pick from us.

Of course they're going to take a pick.  Going by the NFL tampering rules, Woody blatantly violated them.

Woody shouldn't have opened his mouth and tampered with Revis' contract at the press conference. 

Looking at the Cardinals model from a year ago, I can us as a 10 win team this season.   The key to me is the RB we add to this group .  Obviously we're either drafting an RB or signing someone else.  I would love to trade down from 6 and acquire mid round picks for some depth and grab a pass rusher rd 1, followed by Duke Johnson/Tevin Coleman/Langford in rd 2 or 3

Duke Johnson is on my Radar

Of course they're going to take a pick.  Going by the NFL tampering rules, Woody blatantly violated them.

Woody shouldn't have opened his mouth and tampered with Revis' contract at the press conference. 

All the Pats fans want the 1.

They're not getting the one. At most a 3.

What I do know is that he is better than Matt Cassel, which means that we don't have the worst QB situation in the AFC East

Bill fans beg to differ hard. Bunch of blow hards over there. Most likely because he played for them though... I'm sure there are people outside of our fan base that think Geno is not that bad. Statistics say this move is solid.

Looking at the Cardinals model from a year ago, I can us as a 10 win team this season.   The key to me is the RB we add to this group .  Obviously we're either drafting an RB or signing someone else.  I would love to trade down from 6 and acquire mid round picks for some depth and grab a pass rusher rd 1, followed by Duke Johnson/Tevin Coleman/Langford in rd 2 or 3

ARZ from last year is a good model but why do Jet fans forget 2009???  Don't we remember the QB play we had???

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12482/mark-sanchez

We were 30 minutes away from the SB with a QB who barely completed 53% of his passes and threw 12 TD & 20 INT's.

We had a team that carried the QB position, that's not the ideal but it can be done

250K fine at most.  When the NFL finally penalizes NE for the "deflate garbage" they pulled then

I'll believe they may take a pick.  I'm still waiting ...........

Macc right about...now:

O9rw2CO.gif

Seriously though, they investigate ALL 32 teams. ALL the moves so far will be reviewed. So the NFL isn't after us, they're doing their job. Doesn't mean we're safe of course...

Before any of this tampering window sh*t happened I knew this was going to happen with Revis.  How come a decision wasn't made when the Patriots filed tampering charges before the superbowl?  I wanted that investigation wrapped up before we got Revis so it wouldn't add weight to some bullsh*t tampering.  Now it does but I'll happily give up a 7th anyway.  Its totally worth seeing pats fans flipping out about their organization, its quite rare to see.

Before any of this tampering window sh*t happened I knew this was going to happen with Revis.  How come a decision wasn't made when the Patriots filed tampering charges before the superbowl?  I wanted that investigation wrapped up before we got Revis so it wouldn't add weight to some bullsh*t tampering.  Now it does but I'll happily give up a 7th anyway.  Its totally worth seeing pats fans flipping out about their organization, its quite rare to see.

It is clearly written in the rule book as to what the punishment is. There should be no picks taken away

a real qb competition nets fitz the starter every time

ARZ from last year is a good model but why do Jet fans forget 2009???  Don't we remember the QB play we had???

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12482/mark-sanchez

We were 30 minutes away from the SB with a QB who barely completed 53% of his passes and threw 12 TD & 20 INT's.

We had a team that carried the QB position, that's not the ideal but it can be done

Thing with that group is we had such an elite O-line and run game.  Our RT/LG situation is still iffy to me right now

Duke Johnson is on my Radar

He kind of reminds me of Leon coming out of FSU

Absolutely...It is not even close. 

2014:

Geno - 59.7%, 13 TDs, 13 Ints, 77.5 Rating

Fitz -  63.1%, 17 TDs, 8 Ints, 95.3 Rating

Well worth a 7th if that is the cost.  Fitz is not the long term answer, but he isn't Geno either

And who exactly were the Jets equivalents of Foster, Hopkins and Johnson last year . Looking simply at stats doesn't paint the full picture.

And who exactly were the Jets equivalents of Foster, Hopkins and Johnson last year . Looking simply at stats doesn't paint the full picture.

Jets had the 3rd ranked running offense and the 32nd ranked passing offense, they had enough players like Decker, harvin, kerly and amaro to at least be semi helpful to a QB.  Geno simply missed too many plays when they were there and worse turned if over at the worst time.  One could put up with pedestrian td and 5 numbers if the player does not throw bad ints and fumble at critical times.

Fitzpatrick is no super gem at ball security either but this team just has to limit turnovers the last 5 years we have had QBing that just kills the rest if the team by ill timed pics and fumbles/

Archived