Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love Gilchrist, he'll be Bowles new honey badger. But no need for Cromartie. Milliner, macDougle, Williams winner will be fine. I think all 3 are better than Cro at this stage of his career.

Not picking a fight but what's this based off of? Cromartie was very good last year. McDougle has played limited football in 2 years and is injury prone, Milliner is coming off of an achilles tear and as well is injury prone.  Williams isn't a proven commodity

Same here, I hope Bowles does what's best for the team and doesn't let their past get in the way.

I don't think he is worried about the past.  Bowles defensive style allows for many DB's on the field at the same time.  Cromartie on a 2 year deal would be great with buster holding down the slot and Miliner providing depth (at the moment). 

I'm more curious as to why the would want to sign a SS instead of a FS but I am not going to question one of the better defensive minds in the game over the  past few years.

This isn't horseshoes close isn't good enough, Fitz is not a reliable NFL starter .

The object of the game is to toss the horse shoe as close as you can.  The fact that Fitz is not a reliable starter means what exactly?  Geno certainly isn't, at this point in time we have no reliable starters we can get, at all.  So you make your best moves value vs cost and go from there.  Unless you have some super secret QB we can go after I see no downside to getting a vet.

Re the secondary, Revis great signing obviously super expensive.  We will be trying to run Skrine and Gilchrist out of town after a year.  If Skrine takes as many penalties as he did last year he will be blasted.  Gilchrist is not highly thought of by San diego fans if I am not mistaken.  Guys that are CB/S can't play reliably at either spot.

Re the secondary, Revis great signing obviously super expensive.  We will be trying to run Skrine and Gilchrist out of town after a year.  If Skrine takes as many penalties as he did last year he will be blasted.  Gilchrist is not highly thought of by San diego fans if I am not mistaken.  Guys that are CB/S can't play reliably at either spot.

When you have a a shutdown corner like Revis, the safeties have less responsibility and can focus on a smaller area or player on the field.   

Nobody wanted Incognito, everybody could have signed him. Felton is a FB and he didn't even play last year. Cassel is a backup. What a joke. :biggrin:

And for them Cassel is probably better than Manuel just like those here pumping up Fitz like we just signed Joe Willy.

The object of the game is to toss the horse shoe as close as you can.  The fact that Fitz is not a reliable starter means what exactly?  Geno certainly isn't, at this point in time we have no reliable starters we can get, at all.  So you make your best moves value vs cost and go from there.  Unless you have some super secret QB we can go after I see no downside to getting a vet.

Oh I agree completely our hands are tied at the QB position. But I can't get the people who think Fitz is our savior at the QB position. Like I said before IMO its even debateable if he beats out Geno to start.

I don't understand comments like this.  Where are we magically pulling a top 10 QB out of?  This was the best we can do with the hand dealt to us currently.  Its a solid stop gap until you find your future.  Doesn't mean we aren't drafting the future this year either, we just won't know and don't expect an answer this yr for the position.

You dont understand comments like mine like I dont understand rebuttal comments like "top 10 QB". We dont Need a top 10 QB, but we Need something better than Fitzpatrick. This wasnt the best we could do, even outside of my Football crush on Mike GLennon. We could have figured out a way to trade for Austin Davis from St. Louis. Trading a Midround pick for a guy like Glennon means that you traded for a guy thats more than a stop gap.Thats two Options right there better than Ryan Fitz.

I get tired of stop gaps and not being able to develop Talent. We just put together one of the best defenses we've had in years (and we're still not finished) along with a top 5 WR Group and we're going to pass that to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

People should be ashamed that they're not as upset about that as I.

You dont understand comments like mine like I dont understand rebuttal comments like "top 10 QB". We dont Need a top 10 QB, but we Need something better than Fitzpatrick. This wasnt the best we could do, even outside of my Football crush on Mike GLennon. We could have figured out a way to trade for Austin Davis from St. Louis. Trading a Midround pick for a guy like Glennon means that you traded for a guy thats more than a stop gap.Thats two Options right there better than Ryan Fitz.

I get tired of stop gaps and not being able to develop Talent. We just put together one of the best defenses we've had in years (and we're still not finished) along with a top 5 WR Group and we're going to pass that to Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Austin Davis........really?  As for Glennon we have no clue at all if he is even available at all, none.  It's all about whop we perceive as being available and good enough?  What do you think of Cousins? 

Austin Davis........really?  As for Glennon we have no clue at all if he is even available at all, none.  It's all about whop we perceive as being available and good enough?  What do you think of Cousins? 

Austin Davis. Yes. I'd rather have him than Ryan Fitzpatrick. You can make a guy available with propositions. propose something to the Bucs, put some feelers out there.

And it is about who we perceive to be good, and I dont perceive Ryan as being part of that conversation. He is the Definition of a stop gap, and he's injury prone.

Oh I agree completely our hands are tied at the QB position. But I can't get the people who think Fitz is our savior at the QB position. Like I said before IMO its even debateable if he beats out Geno to start.

I think he is the perfect "back-up" because of his knowledge of the system.  He will help Geno or whoever is our QB and  If we had to go to the back up then it's great that he knows the system

You have no idea if Glennon is even available.

Austin Davis is not better than Fitz, not at this juncture. And you have no idea if he is even available.

If the current regime thought one of these guys was both available and worth the asking price, they would have made it happen. They decided to go with the next best thing, a surefire starter who can navigate this team to the playoffs.

And bringing on Fitz and his miniscule contract in no way prohibits them from finding a longer term solution, if there is one out there.

Austin Davis. Yes. I'd rather have him than Ryan Fitzpatrick. You can make a guy available with propositions. propose something to the Bucs, put some feelers out there.

And it is about who we perceive to be good, and I dont perceive Ryan as being part of that conversation. He is the Definition of a stop gap, and he's injury prone.

Oh I agree that he is a stop gap, I don't know of anyone suggesting other wise but I'd just as soon have a vet stop gap as some younger guy who is more expensive to acquire who I do not view as a long term solution.  You view Glennon as that guy.  I'm not so sure.  I don;t see any young good guy avialable.  We also have no clue at all as to what feelers we put out and we probably never will know.  The Jets might like glennon and have asked about him, we simply don't know.

You have no idea if Glennon is even available.

Austin Davis is not better than Fitz, not at this juncture. And you have no idea if he is even available.

If the current regime thought one of these guys was both available and worth the asking price, they would have made it happen. They decided to go with the next best thing, a surefire starter who can navigate this team to the playoffs.

And bringing on Fitz and his miniscule contract in no way prohibits them from finding a longer term solution, if there is one out there.

What does that mean exactly? You're telling a fan that he doent know if someone is available as if you know anything more than I do. None of us have any inside Connections. No one knew that Jimmy Graham was available until 10 mins before he became a Hawk. 11 mins before he "Wasnt available".

Please, disagree away, but really, how do you expect me to respond to that? Should I say "Yes I do"? Mike Glennon officially isnt available, if Tampa takes WInston that will Change for the right Price. Maybe I should say that.

Oh I agree that he is a stop gap, I don't know of anyone suggesting other wise but I'd just as soon have a vet stop gap as some younger guy who is more expensive to acquire who I do not view as a long term solution.  You view Glennon as that guy.  I'm not so sure.  I don;t see any young good guy avialable.  We also have no clue at all as to what feelers we put out and we probably never will know.  The Jets might like glennon and have asked about him, we simply don't know.

Disregard Mike Glennon then. Austin Davis is a possiblity. I cant see Fitzpatrick being the only Option the Jets had here. C'mon.

What does that mean exactly? You're telling a fan that he doent know if someone is available as if you know anything more than I do. None of us have any inside Connections. No one knew that Jimmy Graham was available until 10 mins before he became a Hawk. 11 mins before he "Wasnt available".

Please, disagree away, but really, how do you expect me to respond to that? Should I say "Yes I do"? Mike Glennon officially isnt available, if Tampa takes WInston that will Change for the right Price. Maybe I should say that.

What I mean is I trust this front office to exhaust all realms of possibilities. Maybe they called on both QBs and were rebuffed. No one knows. The point is that there is no sense is getting all worked up over something that you made up in your heart and mind that would be nice. Sure, Glennon would be an upgrade over Geno and someone to build towards the future with. No need to trash a solid move because one that is likely not even possible didn't happen.

I know Skrine took a bunch of penalties, but I think he was growing over there and can be good in the right situation.  I am sure Gilchrist was not popular in SD.  They drafted him in the 2nd round to play CB.  The fact that they elected to switch him to S is something that fans did not appreciate.  It does not mean that he is not a reliable S or even CB.  I remember reading that Cro fell out of favor in SD because he didn't fit their scheme.  OTOH, Flowers who was supposed to be a bad fit for us thrived there after failing with Bob Sutton in KC.  He may fit in quite well here.

I know that Austin Davis is another guy you liked, but it is entirely possible that he flat out sucks and is unloved.  There is a reason he was undrafted and the Rams low tendered him.  He can be had for nothing.  The Rams just have a chance to match.  I know this place always prefers the unknown, but sometimes you are better with the devil you know.  I am not sure they are done, but Fitzpatrick sets a nice floor IMO.

I think Davis is available.  The Rams tendered him.  He is an RFA.  He was an UDFA and his tender was original round compensation, so the Rams just retain right of first refusal.  If they wanted him they surely could have him. 

Archived