Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a good 3rd down pass catching RB I would love to see the Jets sign Pierre Thomas.  How many times have we seen thomas score on screen passes plus he can run between the tackles as well.  What could it cost to get him 2 million for a one year deal?

Best screen play receiver in the business.

How have the Eagles won free agency?  Kelly has taken a team that was pretty solid and only a couple of players away from being legitimate contenders and completely gutted the roster.  Unless they get Mariota, there's a good chance that they'll go into the season with Mark Sanchez as their starting QB, assuming Bradford gets hurt yet again.

Best case scenario 2015 Jet defense imo:

DE: Mo Wilkerson

NT: Damon Harrison

DE: Sheldon Richardson

OLB: Quinton Coples

ILB: David Harris

ILB: Demario Davis

OLB: Dante Fowler Jr.

CB: Darrelle Revis

SS: Calvin Pryor 

FS: Marcus Gilchrist

CB:  Antonio Cromartie

That's a top 3 defense at least, IMO

Best case scenario 2015 Jet defense imo:

DE: Mo Wilkerson

NT: Damon Harrison

DE: Sheldon Richardson

OLB: Quinton Coples

ILB: David Harris

ILB: Demario Davis

OLB: Dante Fowler Jr.

CB: Darrelle Revis

SS: Calvin Pryor 

FS: Marcus Gilchrist

CB:  Antonio Cromartie

That's a top 3 defense at least, IMO

Bowles/Rodgers run a 4-3 defense.

-------------Gilchrist------------------------------

---------------------------------Pryor--------------

--Skrine-------------------------------------Revis

----------DD-------Harris-------Rookie/FA------

--Coples------Wilk-----Snacks-----Richardson

Bowles/Rodgers run a 4-3 defense.

-------------Gilchrist------------------------------

---------------------------------Pryor--------------

--Skrine-------------------------------------Revis

----------DD-------Harris-------Rookie/FA------

--Coples------Wilk-----Snacks-----Richardson

Bowles ran a 3-4 in Arizona?

Guess no Cooper? Maybe we have a private workout scheduled so pro-day is uneccessary? 

I wouldn't say that precludes from players from those schools, the GM is pretty busy with the Fa stuff.  I'm actually pretty surprised they do not hold off on pro days for a week in FA.  I also think being a former scout that our GM will trust the words of his scouts.

Bowles ran a 3-4 in Arizona?

He played a little bit of everything but his base defense is a 4 man front, a lot of times a 5 man front. Karl Dunbar was interviewed right after he was hired by the Bills and he talked a little bit about Bowles and how the defense is going to change now and whatnot. He basically said Bowles won't try to overhaul the defense but he'll bring his 4-3 defense, so that's the only thing that'll change. Plus Kacy Rodgers is a 4-3 guy as well.

I wouldn't say that precludes from players from those schools, the GM is pretty busy with the Fa stuff.  I'm actually pretty surprised they do not hold off on pro days for a week in FA.  I also think being a former scout that our GM will trust the words of his scouts.

Yea this too, I don't think it means too much, I'd probably be more surprised if he was there because of all the deals he's been making

Guess no Cooper? Maybe we have a private workout scheduled so pro-day is uneccessary? 

I don't think there is much else Cooper can show at this point.  He did the combine workouts and did well, so most likely he stands on them, and does some basic drills most likely at his pro day.  Probably not worth attending, because all the tape and combine show what he is already, so they send a scout there just in case he does something crazy, and the GM is elsewhere.  

On the bright side, Idzik was lambasted last year for being at the Louisville pro day when free agents came to visit I think, so maybe the GM (I just can't say MM, a bitter aftertaste from the last OC) was in NY trying to sign players let the scouts do their job.  

I would say Cro will be on a one year deal and he gets replaced at the number 2 spot with Milliner next year when he is fully healthi

I would agree with this. if milliner somehow becomes healthy this year, he is a lock at the #2 corner. cro comes in as the insurance policy on a 1 year deal

Ugh. If somebody on twitter mentions one more time what Fitz's wonderlic score was or the fact that he went to Harvard I'm gonna punch my screen out the window. We get it, he's smart. They've been beating that dead horse 10 years ago when he started for the Rams as a rookie. Enough already.

Archived