Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill Polian was co-hosting on Sirius NFL radio last and came away very impressed with the Jets moves

He called Mike Maccagnan a REAL football guy and how the talent will be restocked

Called Buster Skrine an up and comer young corner

Raving about the Revis deal 1. he’s a great player that changes your defense but 2. It hurts the Pats defensive schemes

And said contract was more reasonable than looked (cap hit wise)

Getting Brandon Marshall for a 5th  next to nothing and how it helps Decker and Kerley and how good of a contract it is for the Jets

Saying that Carpenter has talent and he’s a good pass blocker that run blockers are easier to find in the draft (something along those lines)

Resigns there own players basically keeping them from Rex & Pettine

He had a lot of good things to say about Bowles and Maccagnan & Co.

He said all this

Maybe this got covered already, but Peter King wrote this in his column today.

"I think there’s going to be pressure on the league to look into Jets owner Woody Johnson’s comments—harmless or inviting, depending which side of the argument you come down on—back in January regarding how much he wanted Darrelle Revis. Goodell will be pressured to consider taking a draft choice away from the Jets this year so that more teams don’t say as a matter of course how much they like and want Player X."

"I think there’s going to be pressure on the league to look into Jets owner Woody Johnson’s comments—harmless or inviting, depending which side of the argument you come down on—back in January regarding how much he wanted Darrelle Revis. Goodell will be pressured to consider taking a draft choice away from the Jets this year so that more teams don’t say as a matter of course how much they like and want Player X."

As reliable as the sun coming up.

Did he mention anything about cheating in this article?

Yes except that said team likes soft balls.

Let's look forward to day 3 and what we can get done. Deals in the works:

- S Marcus Gilchrist

- CB Antonio Cromartie

Re-sign:

- NT Kenrick Ellis

Best free agents available (that match our needs):

Change of pace RB:

- RB Jacquizz Rodgers

Edge rusher:

- DE Greg Hardy

- DE/OLB Brian Orakpo

- DE/OLB Derrick Morgan

Cover Safety:

- FS Rahim Moore

- FS Ron Parker

We still need some D-Line depth and a blocking TE. All in all everything looks great so far. The only need really is an edge rusher which we can get via FA or the draft. I still prefer trading down to the middle of the 1st round and then drafting one of the top edge rushers / receivers left. Not sure if any of those are worthy of a #6 pick...

I find it funny that no one mentioned that the Patriots filed tampering charges the morning of the AFC Championship game and Goodell was at Kraft's party the night before I find to be big time coincidence

Lets be honest you can stick a mannequin in Goodell's position and the NFL would still make billions of dollars

He'll probably have to settle for a 1 yr deal. Not sure I want him here considering what he did to his GF or wife...

Greg Hardy with our Dline would be like Charles Haley when he was with the 49ers.

1 year test, I'd do it!

Archived