Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen him play last year but he was a stud cover safety for the 49ers. Maybe he could be somebody to watch out for if he gets cut, would be a nice veteran addition to our backfield. Him along with Revis coaching up Skrine & Pryor...

Looks like Parker & Moore won't end up here, which is fine considering how much money we've spent on our backfield so far and likely will continue to spend (adding Cro, which hopefully doesn't happen). No need to get into a bidding war. I'm good with Gilchrist even though I haven't really seen him play but I'll trust Bowles. If not Gilchrist maybe we can snag Goldson.

Wow, I dont Think he's worth anything near that.

The Jaguars are the new Raiders, nobody wants to play for them. They've wasted so much money and yet I don't think they're gonna make a big step forward. A good TE is not going to help them. They overpaid a bunch of other guys as well that won't make a difference.

The Jaguars are the new Raiders, nobody wants to play for them. They've wasted so much money and yet I don't think they're gonna make a big step forward. A good TE is not going to help them. They overpaid a bunch of other guys as well that won't make a difference.

I agree with most of what you said, but to say that a good TE wont help them is a bit of a Stretch. its great to have a reliable TE when you're a Young QB. Player wise it was a good move, financially that was Armageddon. If they can hit in the draft to sure up that offensive line then I must say that the Jags will have a pretty impressive Young offense.

I agree with most of what you said, but to say that a good TE wont help them is a bit of a Stretch. its great to have a reliable TE when you're a Young QB. Player wise it was a good move, financially that was Armageddon. If they can hit in the draft to sure up that offensive line then I must say that the Jags will have a pretty impressive Young offense.

It'll help them, it'll help Bortles I'm sure but they've tried that with Mercedes Lewis years ago who was a pro bowler as well. It didn't get anything going. They need a stud wideout, they need O-Line help, a RB, a #1 corner, a stud lineman on defense, a stud linebacker, a decent cover safety. I mean they miss pretty much everything you need in order to win. They should have spent that money on a #1 corner who would make more of a difference than a TE. There's gazillion receiving TE's around and let's be real here, Julius Thomas was mostly helped by Denvers passing attack. He's no Graham or Gronk, guys that will dominate no matter who plays QB. I mean Peyton Hillis at RB, Blackmon at WR, they just signed Parnell for the RT job. They're not going anyhwere. The Colts are laughing at them. They'll be lucky if they finish the season 3rd in their division ahead of the Titans.

Some updates:

- OG Justin Blalock visiting the Lions

- CB Tramon Williams visiting the Saints

- RB DeMarco Murray visiting the Eagles

- CB Perrish Cox visiting the Redskins

- LB Colin McCarthy visiting the Patriots

- DE Derrick Morgan visiting the Falcons

Not sure how the Gilchrist meeting went yesterday. Maybe we're waiting to see if there are other options out there.

Maybe this got covered already, but Peter King wrote this in his column today.

"I think there’s going to be pressure on the league to look into Jets owner Woody Johnson’s comments—harmless or inviting, depending which side of the argument you come down on—back in January regarding how much he wanted Darrelle Revis. Goodell will be pressured to consider taking a draft choice away from the Jets this year so that more teams don’t say as a matter of course how much they like and want Player X."

It's sad how biased King is to the Patriots, he has lost all sense of objectivity concerning them. Problem is that Goodell is even in bed more with them so him taking a draft pick from the Jets seems almost inevitable.

Among positions that haven't been talked about much, I think the FO needs to look at depth at offensive tackle and inside linebacker. Defensive line depth has been talked about some too but that's another one.

Archived