Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 2m2 minutes ago

DeMarco Murray intends to sign with Eagles, per @AdamSchefter

It'll be interesting to see how Jerry Jones handles this situation. My money is on Peterson and possibly even Spiller, a big FU to the Eagles and Murray.

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 2m2 minutes ago

DeMarco Murray intends to sign with Eagles, per @AdamSchefter

Crazy, they basically got Kiki for nothing... That bills trade just looks dumber and dumber

@TomPelissero 12m12 minutes ago

James Carpenter's deal with #Jets is 4 years, $19.1M but only the $5M in Year 1 fully guaranteed. $2.5M of 2016 base salary gtd for injury.

I didn't see these numbers yet. Seems like a pretty team friendly deal.

If he flops this season he's a goner next year. Good deal.

It'll be interesting to see how Jerry Jones handles this situation. My money is on Peterson and possibly even Spiller, a big FU to the Eagles and Murray.

Behind that line I would do RB by committee. Letting Murray walk isn't the end of the world for the cowgirls

He's like a guy who got dumped by his GF trying to hook up with her again by showing up with some skank to make her jealous. You fool.

Murray led the league in yards BEFORE contact so he's pretty much a product of their O-Line. I don't remember him breaking a single tackle in the 2nd half of the season.

Plug the yards AFTER contact King in there behind that O-Line and you pretty much have an offense that can't be stopped.

Revis: $39M Marshall: $23.7M Harris: $15M Skrine: $13M Carpenter: $7.5M Powell: $2M

We over payed for Harris, we do need to get some ILB depth on this team, who do we even have if Harris or Davis get hurt?

Harris makes less than Donald Butler, Posluszny, Laurinaitis and DeMeco Ryans. Meanwhile he's better than those 4 so he's definitely not overpaid. It's market value and I'm sure he could have gotten "a lot" more as a free agent from other teams.

But you're right, we need some depth at LB. I'm pretty sure we'll draft our future MLB in the 2nd or 3rd round (the Hurricanes MLB). Or a special teams kind of guy / run stuffer late in the draft (the kid from TCU).

Behind that line I would do RB by committee. Letting Murray walk isn't the end of the world for the cowgirls

Good post.  Murray is a very good back, top 5, but people forget how damned good the Dallas Oline is... one of the best in the NFL.  If Chip Kelly and the Eagles expect the same production from him as what we saw in Dallas, they are in for a rude awakening.

Spoke to a couple Eagle fan friends I have for the first time since all of Chips moves and wow, they are flipping the **** out.

go to their message board.  They are extremely worried.  

• Dumped Desean jackson and got nothing.  But drafted Matthews at least to sort of compensate.
  • Inexplicably let Maclin go with no viable replacement
  • Traded a top 5 RB in the prime of his career for a promising LB coming off a devastating injury
  • Traded their only legit starter for an injury prone Bradford who has been healthy for just a little more than half the games since being drafted and gave away more picks than received to get him

Kelly is like a mad scientist at work. Philly fans are VERY worried.

The Pizza delivery guy trying to hype up the fans. Something tells me this will go horribly wrong and Taylor will get either cut during preseason or end the year with 0 carries/pass attempts.

The Pizza delivery guy trying to hype up the fans. Something tells me this will go horribly wrong and Taylor will get either cut during preseason or end the year with 0 carries/pass attempts.

Well thank God that trade never went down!!!  Is he serious with this nonsense??? Tyrod Taylor, really???

I guess he'll give the ball to McCoy 30 times then run his beloved Wildcat with Taylor about 30 times

Well thank God that trade never went down!!!  Is he serious with this nonsense??? Tyrod Taylor, really???

I guess he'll give the ball to McCoy 30 times then run his beloved Wildcat with Taylor about 30 times

I don't even know what kept this trade from happening. Either the Ravens didn't want to give him up (zero chance) or Idzik slapped Rex across the face and told him "no" (likely).

Spoke to a couple Eagle fan friends I have for the first time since all of Chips moves and wow, they are flipping the **** out.

I can't really blame them.  They were sold on Chip getting Mariota at all costs.  Tons of talk about how having an immobile QB in Foles forced Chip Kelly to throw away a chunk of his playbook.  Mariota was supposed to allow Kelly to operate at full capacity.  Now they're told that they dealt for an injury prone guy who may be less mobile than Foles.  On the surface the deal makes little sense so it's going to be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Archived