Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All those great DTs that brought rings to their franchises please stand up.

Vince Wilfork asked if he could just raise his hands, he figures his knees only have about 1 season of standing up left in them. Doesn't want to be frivolous in how he uses them.

No it wouldn't. Signing a Tackle to compete with Breno and drafting Brandon Scherff is looking to improve your OL, not please the fans who are never happy.

The Jets already have enough WRs and can add a developmental talent if needed in the 3rd or 4th. We need to fix the OL and improve the defensive front 7 to have any chance this coming season.

You want to sign a tackle and draft Scherff to play guard at #6? No thanks. I'd much prefer they sign a guard and a tackle with all their cap space, and use that #6 on a potential stud edge rusher.

The weird thing is look how many people they cut off their roster to make this move.

+100000

Make 5 holes to fill a hole that wasn't really a hole to begin with. The Dolphins play good defense and could have just resigned Odrick (good player) for half the price.

But we know Tanny likes his big splashes....

You want to sign a tackle and draft Scherff to play guard at #6? No thanks. I'd much prefer they sign a guard and a tackle with all their cap space, and use that #6 on a potential stud edge rusher.

I don't want Gregory, and I'm not as hot as everyone is for Fowler.  If Shane Ray is gone, then the next best player for us would be Brandon Scherff who starts at RG next yr  without question and at LT if Brick is gone in 2016 My hope is that Dozier is ready to start at RG in 2016.

P. S.  I am also hoping we sign an OLBer and some CBs in free agency.  We have to wait and see how this coming week plays out .

I don't want Gregory, and I'm not as hot as everyone is for Fowler.  If Shane Ray is gone, then the next best player for us would be Brandon Scherff who starts at RG next yr  without question and at LT if Brick is gone in 2016 My hope is that Dozier is ready to start at RG in 2016.

That pick would be a reach IMO. 

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 3m3 minutes ago

I don't see Bill Belichick ever retiring. Why would he ever leave the dumbest division in football? He might stay until he's 80.

lol

That toolbox phased him out here in NY and now he wants him back. Go figure.

This was exactly my thought. lol

Last year was the first year of the rule, I believe.

There was such obvious tampering going on, when Free Agency started at midnight, and players were signing at 6:00 am. It allows a negotiation period.

Yeah, it was glossed over because everyone does it. And from a point of view, if that tampering really only started a few days before FA officially began then what's the difference. But this policy at least allows a team to not get blindsided by such tampering.

Hey, we did it just like everyone else. Like that Rex in Bart Scott's driveway thing, and the contract was signed like 5 minutes later. Who really goes over every clause of any contract in 5 minutes. I mean, except Mike Tannenbaum who gets suckered into agreeing to pay Tim Tebow's bonus money instead of Denver.

Regardless, this is a much better system. Teams don't get the rug yanked out from under them, and players don't have to wonder if they left money on the table.

Archived