Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you fully admit here you have no f*cking clue what you're trying to argue.

Let's not sign good players so we can save money to sign hypothetical good players (even though we HAVE to spend up to 89 % of the cap).  Sound strategy!  There's a reason the best players get signed early in free agency.  Because they're usually the best players available.  No one is coming loose that is worth a damn, especially not at the QB position.

Wow.....once i take the f-bombs out of your response even then it nothing but a bunch of BS.

We have to spend does not have to equate to overpay. There is not legit excuse for overpaying. period. We are not a SB contender as far as i can see and most people tend to agree and we blew our money wad!

Wow.....once i take the f-bombs out of your response even then it nothing but a bunch of BS.

We have to spend does not have to equate to overpay. There is not legit excuse for overpaying. period. We are not a SB contender as far as i can see and most people tend to agree and we blew our money wad!

So tell me, signing who would have made us one? And no probables. All real free agents.

We have to spend does not have to equate to overpay. 

The only guy we signed that was close to an overpay was Cromartie.  When you're a bad team that's what you have to do to bring talent in:  overpay.  No one is coming here for a "reasonable" amount when players league-wide are getting paid ridiculous sums.  Jeremy Maclin, coming off probably his first healthy season ever, just got $11M per season.  Byron Maxwell got $10.5M.  Julius Thomas $9.2M.  Jared Odrick $8.5M.  These aren't special players.  Even old ass Andre Johnson just got $7M per.  

So as of now, Allen would be our FS? That's not horrible right? Not a top 10 guy but not the worst either.

Revis, Cro, Skrine and the rest of the often injured CB gang should lift Allen's and Pryor's game. Kinda like Revis did for McCourty.

Yes, please. He can play the role Harvin would have played. KR and big play threat on screens. Plus, he's still young enough to perhaps put it together and be a legit NFL WR, though I'm not holding my breath.

I wonder what they want.  The guy is only getting barely over a million per year.  Would be a decent amount of dead money for them too, I think.  We don't have many mid-late picks left to give up.

The only guy we signed that was close to an overpay was Cromartie.  When you're a bad team that's what you have to do to bring talent in:  overpay.  No one is coming here for a "reasonable" amount when players league-wide are getting paid ridiculous sums.  Jeremy Maclin, coming off probably his first healthy season ever, just got $11M per season.  Byron Maxwell got $10.5M.  Julius Thomas $9.2M.  Jared Odrick $8.5M.  These aren't special players.  Even old ass Andre Johnson just got $7M per.  

Ahhh so now you atleast admitting we overpaid somebody. Baby steps. I know. Not that it makes any difference to me. But that's the oldest trick to justify a bad purchase. Try to compare it other people's bad purchases. I do not think Maclin is worth 11 mill for having just one 1000 plus yard season in his career.

I am just sick of not having a team that can contend. And i just saw the new GM pretty much blow the entire salary cap away and still not have a team close to a contender. Its what 40 plus years and still waiting. Very frustrating.

I wonder what they want.  The guy is only getting barely over a million per year.  Would be a decent amount of dead money for them too, I think.  We don't have many mid-late picks left to give up.

How about a swap of 2013 first round busts? Milliner for Patterson.

Ha! Fair enough I guess. For the record, yes to pants and no to the sausage. In Europe we have another style I suppose. Each man is his own and all that...

You're probably not interested but another difference is that we don´t think a guy is gay just because he cares about his appearance. 

So anything to say about the QB coach?

lmao. i care about my appearance. personally i absolutely hate tight pants. they are completely uncomfortable. that said, there are alot of people who wear tight jeans. they call them skinny jeans, i call them nut-huggers. i think they are fairly popular among younger kids. loose fit pants look better and are far more comfortable

How about a swap of 2013 first round busts? Milliner for Patterson.

Rather keep Milliner...Patterson might be on the field more but he hasn't played well, Milliner plays alright he just cant stay healthy. Plus we really are not hurting for another receiver, on paper we have one of the better receiving cores in the NFL.

Let's say the best of the best QB's was suddenly available in FA. We do not have the salary cap left to sign him. Period.

so the plan you think cags shoudl have followed is to hold onto a ton of salary cap in case some team decides to cut/trade their franchise qb out of the blue?

Rather keep Milliner...Patterson might be on the field more but he hasn't played well, Milliner plays alright he just cant stay healthy. Plus we really are not hurting for another receiver, on paper we have one of the better receiving cores in the NFL.

Based on his kick return skills alone, Patterson is more valuable to the team than Milliner is as a 4th CB.

Based on his kick return skills alone, Patterson is more valuable to the team than Milliner is as a 4th CB.

That is a good point, I still stick with Milliner, I think having Revis and Cro on the team will be good for our young CBs and we know Revis and Cro are not going to last forever.

That is a good point, I still stick with Milliner, I think having Revis and Cro on the team will be good for our young CBs and we know Revis and Cro are not going to last forever.

Revis and Cro will last two years, at least. At this point, I see no way in Hell Milliner's 5th year option is picked up by the team. By the time we replace Revis and Cro, Milliner will be elsewhere.

why would anyone want Patterson?  He's a glorified special teams player.  Doesn't have the technique down to start.  Guy made 33 catches in 16 games.  Had every opportunity but didn't dedicate himself to learning the offense.  This isn't Madden folks.

Jordan Cameron signs with the Dolphins, and Charles Clay has flown back to Miami to work out a deal with them, spurning the Bills who thought they had Clay wrapped up. Too awesome

Everyone wants to play for Joe Philbin obviously.

Archived