Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

DT can not be the highest paid guy on your team unless his name is JJ Watt!

Miami never learns,lol. Huge contract for Wallace, now crazy azz contract for Suh?

What is the cap % for those 2 guys alone?

There's only two good things that can come out of Suh signing in Miami. One is that Suh gets 2 chances a year to crush Tom Brady.

Two, Suh might crush Geno & usher in a new QB era for all the Geno haters,lol.

Difference is that Geno at least can run away screaming. Brady is a sitting duck if someone screws up a block on that beast.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bringing in a tackle and moving Breno inside could work, too.

I was think this,also. breno is way too slow footed to play on the outside, but can run block and handle the bull rush well. seems like he would succeed at guard

Holy sh*t balls.

Not sure if this has been posted yet about the Maxwell to Philly contract:

Revis gonna be able to feed his family for a very looong time.

Not shocked

Top tier will be 10 mill per year.

Holy sh*t balls.

Like Schef said...we are going to give Revis whatever he wants.

seems you took his word for it. I only saw him play in the pros a few times(just like everyone else) and what I saw wasn't horrible

Just because a QB completes a pass doesn't mean the play was successful.   Matt Simms is a horrible QB . I saw him at Tennessee and I saw him with the Jets in preseason and in the snap he took in the regular season. He's the equivalent  of a 7 foot basketball player who can't play. He has a great arm so folks think he has a chance.  

Holy sh*t balls.

This is going to be one of those years where average salaries takes a huge jump up across the board.

I actually feel better about how we paid Harris, especially how it's structured. 

If teams are willing to spend this on barely proven CBs, then I'm 100% behind paying Revis if the rest of what we assemble can be viewed as having playoff potential. 

It's getting late early.

Sign someone, anyone!

We can't sign anyone.

Let these over-eager principle deals inform the offers we actually make. Offensive line and secondary. There are a LOT of players to be had still. I wasn't expecting or hopeful of landing Maxwell. One year as part of the legion of boom and he's paid like Revis was 2 years ago? Insane.

This team can be fixed without the Jets offering stupid deals like those given to McCoy, Suh, Kareem and Maxwell.

J

We can't sign anyone.

Let these over-eager principle deals inform the offers we actually make. Offensive line and secondary. There are a LOT of players to be had still. I wasn't expecting or hopeful of landing Maxwell. One year as part of the legion of boom and he's paid like Revis was 2 years ago? Insane.

This team can be fixed without the Jets offering stupid deals like those given to McCoy, Suh, Kareem and Maxwell.

Problem is that the dudes that we are going to go after will now want more because of the market. So it's either overpay a Maxwell with 12 or overpay a guy like Culiver (who I like) at 8 or 9.

Glennon, Foles, Mallett, Locker are my preferences in order. I don't want some potential-less vet to come in and hold down the fort. Might as well just start Geno of our goal is to go 8-8.

you want Mike Glennon over Nick Foles? Really? Nick Foles is underrated 

as for these free agents when the cap goes up 10 mil each year for the past 2 years, good players don't make it to market. 

all this cap room Idzik was saving for no players to be available

I hope we don't have all our eggs in the Revis Basket but hopefully its a quick nay or yay so we can move on to other FA's. He can't possibly drag out a bidding war between us and Pats for a week or could he do us like that?

I hope we don't have all our eggs in the Revis Basket but hopefully its a quick nay or yay so we can move on to other FA's. He can't possibly drag out a bidding war between us and Pats for a week or could he do us like that?

I don't think so because if the Pats had a good offer, they would offer it to him before that deadline.

I don't think its going to be that long.  I think a deal gets done with Pats or Jets by Wednesday the latest.  If we can get Parker for less than 6mil, Franklin (not sure what the value for OG is) and Revis at 15 mil.  You know what I'll take it.  Revis is at least one of only a handful of guys where there is no such thing as overpaying.  The dude does his job 100% of the time and does it better then anyone else.  No matter the age or the future, he delivers.  Pay him and lets move on from the CB focus we've had the last 2 yrs.  Its been a ******* disaster.

he will try, and that is my big fear this week.  woody makes macc hang in there and 5 other DB's go by the boards and then revis stays in NE

I hope macc and graves don't get schooled like that

I guess now we have to focus on getting Cromartie back very early in the process and then turn attention towards one of the other CBs left on the market, like Culliver.  Hopefully with the money they will be saving by getting Cro and another second-tier CB from this FA class, they can afford to go hard after McCourty.

you want Mike Glennon over Nick Foles? Really? Nick Foles is underrated

as for these free agents when the cap goes up 10 mil each year for the past 2 years, good players don't make it to market.

all this cap room Idzik was saving for no players to be available

My apprehension over Foles stems from him playing in a system that makes Mark Sanchez look competent.

Archived