Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need $3.5 for the rookie pool. Assuming the drop to 20 and the loss of the 4th and 5th, you're down to $3 mil for the rookies. Dumping dirt like Pace and Babin allows you to give Bradford his extension comfortably.

the cap figures I have seen don't include cromartie or gilchrist.  I think the jets are at about 6.7 million.  pace and babin make 3.8 million combined.  

the jets are done shopping for big ticket starters at impact positions.  They would have to trade someone making big coin like harris or marshall or wilkerson to make room for bradford without incurring huge dead money http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-jets

I think the rumors are all bullsh*t

with the rookie money and the in season wiggle room money you want to go into the draft at about 8 million.  from where I sit, every player they sign from here on out means somebody else is getting cut.  There is no where near the room you would need for a QB

the 3 day bender is over, and the bill is due

It might be the old Jets mindset influencing my feelings but I am terrified we are going to trade down with the Eagles in return for Bradford

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're going to still get their 1st round pick and other picks along with Bradford in this situation.

I wouldn't be oppose to that. Bradford can ball as long as he can stay on the field.

I think the deal would be the #6 for Bradford, the #20, this year's 2, and the 2016 second rounder, with some conditional provisions built in.

6 to 20 is a huge drop.  We'd be getting Bradford for a year, then he's a FA.  Pass.

Or we'd redo Bradford's contract, giving the injury prone QB a boatload of guaranteed money over too long a period of time, be stuck with him and once again set the franchise back several years.  Pass

I see greater value staying at 6 than dropping all the way down to 20 plus a getting pair of 2nds plus getting an injury prone QB for a year or worse, with an albatross of a contract.  Pass

Report: NT Vince Wilfork is in Houston meeting with the Texans
by Jason Butt | CBSSports.com

(3/15/2015) Free-agent nose tackle Vince Wilfork is inHouston to meet with the Texans, according to theHouston Chronicle

Wilfork's agent Kennard McGuire lives in Houston and has said in the past week that he's hopeful Wilfork will join the Texans. Wilfork and McGuire are close friends. 

Before the Patriots declined the option on his contract, Wilfork had spent his entire 11-year career with the Patriots. In New England, he totaled 516 tackles and 16 sacks.

If Wilfork were to sign with the Texans, he would be reuniting with coach Bill O'Brien, defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel and linebackers coach Mike Vrabel. O'Brien and Crennel were coaches during his tenure with the Patriots and Vrabel was a teammate. 

I would not be trading anything for Sam Bradford now....there are some good developmental guys.  The Canadian Brandon Bridge should be considered in later rounds.  Kid has a cannon arm, he's 6'4", and can make most of the throws.  He has some trouble with his footwork, but a good QB coach can help that.  The big thing for me?  He knows how to play in crappy weather because he has done it his whole life!

I do not understand why teams that play half of their games in the winter always get excited about QB's that have never played a game when the thermometer hits below 32 degrees.

Does this sound like Kraft could be tampering with a Jets player under contract?

and what will Brady think about the "best player" line, Kraft has some explaining to do after all that green beer

said one of his best players, not the best player

Does this sound like Kraft could be tampering with a Jets player under contract?

and what will Brady think about the "best player" line, Kraft has some explaining to do after all that green beer

I wonder if he did that because he knows the NFL's going to do nothing to us so he's getting his own back in a small way. He gets in a jab and will be no punishment for him or us

LMAO this is absolutely tampering, would love to see Johnson throw this right back!!!

Can't wait for the Flats homere to defend this!!

Archived