Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That SNF or MNF game he had against the Giants after he was traded to the Vikings was the absolute worst QB performance I had ever seen in my life. In fact, the only reason I kept watching was because it was a primetime game and it was the only game on TV. 

Worse than Genos 3 consecutive Int performance ?

Texans had a WR opening. What do we have a 4th WR spot?

Last years 4th round pick Shaq Evans, and late season performer Chris Owusu

There is also Walter Powell, 7th rd pick Enunwa, and TJ Graham who I beleive is also under contrar for one more year

There is also Walter Powell, 7th rd pick Enunwa, and TJ Graham who I beleive is also under contrar for one more year

i am really high on shaq evans...hope he comes out strong this year and takes that 3-4 spot.

CATRDEkU0AAMkyl.jpg

No one is saying the NFL will die tomorrow.  But 40-50 years down the road I can see a world without the NFL.  It all starts with the youth levels.  Kids in affluent families who have other options are already being kept from playing football, especially after this kind of stuff has happened:  http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/02/us/new-york-football-player-death/

Next step is football getting banned by some state's public schools.  And so on.  It'll be a slow death but a death nonetheless.  It's all about cost vs. benefit.  When kids are getting bigger and stronger and thus more violent, and more and more kids die on football fields or in some ER, people start to wonder if it's worth it.

No one is saying the NFL will die tomorrow.  But 40-50 years down the road I can see a world without the NFL.  It all starts with the youth levels.  Kids in affluent families who have other options are already being kept from playing football, especially after this kind of stuff has happened:  http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/02/us/new-york-football-player-death/

Next step is football getting banned by some state's public schools.  And so on.  It'll be a slow death but a death nonetheless.  It's all about cost vs. benefit.  When kids are getting bigger and stronger and thus more violent, and more and more kids die on football fields or in some ER, people start to wonder if it's worth it.

Ah, don't worry. Goodell's got you covered. The NFL is going to introduce new helmets with special gel type pads on the inside to basically make it impossible to suffer a concussion. So now you can bang heads even harder, non stop, all day long. Of course it'll turn you into a vegetable by the time you're done playing football. But hey, the most important thing is you don't miss a snap.

There's no way the NFL is getting banned anywhere, it's a billion dollar business, they can buy any politician they want. It's not happening.

Or...maybe a modified version of the game will rise to take its place.  Look at how popular Lacrosse has become in the last decade or two.  There are a lot of kids in our town leaving soccer and football to play lacrosse. 

Your point about schools banning football is interesting and might point to a possible path to an alternate sport that looks and smells like football but with less violent contact.  The question is, will football itself morph that way or will they leave room for such a competitor to spring up.

Personally I wouldn't mind if they came up with a hybrid Football/Rugby type game. Get rid of all the pads, the facemask and maybe even the helmet. There is no need to bang heads, no point. Use your shoulders or your hands to fight people of or to push/shove. That actually takes some skill/technique. Maybe the game will actually get better if players are forced to focus on technique...

There's no way the NFL is getting banned anywhere, it's a billion dollar business, they can buy any politician they want. It's not happening.

The NFL has little to do with it.  I'm talking about kids not playing football anymore.  Those same politicians would change their tune if one of their own kids dies on a football field.  When certain subsets of the population stop playing football, you're left with kids from less affluent backgrounds and sociopaths playing the game, which becomes a recipe for disaster.  The game will collapse from the bottom, not the top.

Personally I wouldn't mind if they came up with a hybrid Football/Rugby type game. Get rid of all the pads, the facemask and maybe even the helmet. There is no need to bang heads, no point. Use your shoulders or your hands to fight people of or to push/shove. That actually takes some skill/technique. Maybe the game will actually get better if players are forced to focus on technique...

Ah, so you're proposing a new sport entirely, which contributes to the death of the NFL that way. 

Your point about schools banning football is interesting and might point to a possible path to an alternate sport that looks and smells like football but with less violent contact.  The question is, will football itself morph that way or will they leave room for such a competitor to spring up.

My guess is those same kids just choose another sport.  If you can play football you can play pretty much anything.  At the college levels mid-major baseball and basketball teams LOVE recruiting kids who used to play football because of their mentality, approach and work ethic.

The US Men's National Team would rapidly improve if American Football no longer was an option, I know that much for sure.  I mean, imagine Brandon Marshall as a goalie?  Darren Sproles as a winger?  Darrelle Revis as a defender?  We have the best athletes in the world in this country, but the world doesn't recognize it because they don't play soccer.  Not that we should care what Europeans think, but imagine the possibilities.

The NFL has little to do with it.  I'm talking about kids not playing football anymore.  Those same politicians would change their tune if one of their own kids dies on a football field.  When certain subsets of the population stop playing football, you're left with kids from less affluent backgrounds and sociopaths playing the game, which becomes a recipe for disaster.  The game will collapse from the bottom, not the top.

Politicians aren't stupid. They don't send their kids to war, they don't send their kids to the NFL. They get a good education and then they're off to Wall Street, trying to rip off the rest of us.

I meant that we can't complain about WRs signing to other teams because they would only be competing for the 4th WR role here while other teams still don't have two starters locked up yet. Anyone wanting to start won't sign with us.

The NFL has little to do with it. I'm talking about kids not playing football anymore. Those same politicians would change their tune if one of their own kids dies on a football field. When certain subsets of the population stop playing football, you're left with kids from less affluent backgrounds and sociopaths playing the game, which becomes a recipe for disaster. The game will collapse from the bottom, not the top.

Tobacco and alcohol.

Archived