Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can he play outside? He doesn't seem like your typical thumper at 6'2 - 220 pounds. I don't know much about him, I'll have to google him a little I guess.

I would look at him as a speedy "coverage" ILB who can play in nickel or dime defenses

I would look at him as a speedy "coverage" ILB who can play in nickel or dime defenses

Thanks, I guess he's more of a DD type with some cover skills. Found some info on him:

Lattimore is an interesting free agent give that he’s young and has shown some flashes of ability. Lattimore, 26, returned to the Packers last year after they used a low-round restricted tender that paid him a salary of $1.431 million for the 2014 season. Unfortunately for him, he sustained a season-ending ankle injury back in December that led to him being placed on injured reserve. In 2014, Lattimore recorded 37 tackles, one interception and a pass defense over the course of 11 games. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the N0. 30 inside linebacker out of 60 qualifying players.

This is the same scumbag that was "bullying" some rookie a couple years ago, no? Calling somebody else a coward. You'd think he'd shut his mouth and worry about himself. However right he may be.

I hope our GM is aggressive in courting him and signing him.  He could be had for a great value deal. It would be awful if we cannot have a player like Greg Hardy because we overpaid Cro or Harris.

Pace and Babin would create another 4.5M if we really needed it.    Rivers can always sign an extension if we were to ever strike a deal with him which is extremely unlikely to fit his deal under the cap.  Doubt we will go near Hardy with a substantial offer.  Just remember... no one likes a rat.... :character0069:

Loved that we got Cro back but was very high on Maxwell and Culiver. I understand why we didn't get Maxwell but dam we could have got Culiver who is . 4 years younger and less guaranteed money. 

Chris Culliver CB 26 SF WAS 4 $32,000,000 $8,000,000 $16,000,000 $4,250,000 $8,000,000

Antonio Cromartie CB 30 ARI NYJ 4 $32,000,000 $8,000,000 $20,000,000 -

i was thinking Hakeem Nicks would make a good 3rd or 4th option for us if he's healthy.

Nicks is done , if he couldn't produce in Indy with Luck , no use for him here. Crabtree would be too expensive now. I would take a flyer on Moore though.

I love how they get these deals done. You play well in your first year you're a foundation, you're here for the long run. You don't play well you're getting axed after the season.

I love how they get these deals done. You play well in your first year you're a foundation, you're here for the long run. You don't play well you're getting axed after the season.

So does this mean he only counts for 1.625mil against the cap this year?  (bonus of 2.5 / 4 years = .625 + 1mil salary)  And then 2016 will be 5.625?

Sucks. He was an underrated player.

Interesting that it's only 1 year and Jets didn't match or offer a new deal.

Remember, TJ Barnes was the big NT that was added to the rotation last year and even played ahead of Ellis last year, if he continues his development, we may not even miss Ellis, but instead add another low-tier RA or a player to fill out depth behind him.

Interesting that it's only 1 year and Jets didn't match or offer a new deal.

Remember, TJ Barnes was the big NT that was added to the rotation last year and even played ahead of Ellis last year, if he continues his development, we may not even miss Ellis, but instead add another low-tier RA or a player to fill out depth behind him.

Our offer didn't make a difference. They were reporting that we tried to re-sign him but Ellis wanted to see what's out there, an opportunity to start. That's what he got with the Giants. We wanted him back as a rotational guy since he's stuck behind Snacks here so I understand his point of view.

Marcus Gilchrist four-year, Jets deal $22 million, $8.5M gtd, $2.5M bonus, salaries $1M, $5M, $6M, $6M, 2015 base guaranteed

He must have meant that 2015 *and* 2016 base salaries are guaranteed, to get to the $8.5M guaranteed money ($2.5 bonus + $1M 2015 + $5M 2016).

Would it honestly surprise you at this point to learn that we're not even picking from the top of the board when we're on the clock?

Meaning you think we're trading down?  Or that all the top players will be gone?  Only way the latter would be remotely true is if neither Winston nor Mariota get taken top 5.  Too much talent at the top of the draft this year for us to miss out on an "elite" prospect at 6.

Those numbers only add up to $20.5MM.  Are there additional incentives included?

Archived