Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

They're all one year deals. IMHO, the thinking is more along the lines of hedging their bets against all the linemen Idzik brought in the previous two years. I'm sure they'd like an Aboushi or Dozier to step up and start at guard, but they don't want to be caught with their pants down at the position, either. Jets will be making a lot of OL cuts come summertime. 

The Giants Oline is so weak and we are picking up their scraps.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Buffalo Bills have a new tight end, as the Miami Dolphins have decided not to match the Bills' five-year offer for Charles Clay, sources told ESPN.com on Thursday.

{C}

Clay Getting A Lot Of Bills From Buffalo

Charles Clay's contract with the Bills is expected to be worth over $20M in guaranteed money, which would make him one of the five highest-paid tight ends in the NFL.

Tight end, team Guaranteed Julius Thomas, Jax $24M Vernon Davis, S.F. $23M Jimmy Graham, Sea. $20.9M Antonio Gates, S.D. $20.4M Charles Clay, Buff. Over $20M<< >>According to ESPN reports >>Source: ESPN Stats & Information

According to the Buffalo News, the value of the deal would be $38 million, with more than $20 million guaranteed.

The Dolphins had placed their transition tag on Clay, which gave them five days to match or decline the offer. As a result, the Dolphins will gain $7.071 million in cap room by pulling the transition tag.

Buffalo has been in hot pursuit of Clay since the start of free agency. He visited the team last week, and that meeting led to his eventual offer.

The Dolphins signed former Cleveland Browns tight end Jordan Cameron to a two-year, $15 million contract last week to provide insurance. 

Clay, 26, battled through knee and hamstring injuries most of last season but still finished third on the team with 58 receptions for 605 yards. He also improved as a run-blocker.

The Dolphins selected Clay in the sixth round in 2011. He became a full-time starter for Miami the past two seasons.

That's a ridiculous contract for Clay...

Browns. Even worse. He might catch minus TD's next season.

Yeah...always liked the guy but supposedly lost a step.  Interesting to see if he nosedives or bounces back.

That's a ridiculous contract for Clay...

Wayyy too much money, but a nice piece for that offense.  Very good blocking FB with nice skill set.  Buffalo is gonna grind it out.

:scare: :scare: :scare:

As they should.  Although a very late pick, trading for Fitzpatrick instead of taking the chance and trying to sign him outright means they really don't trust Geno.  I really really think Mariota will be selected if he's at #6.

As they should.  Although a very late pick, trading for Fitzpatrick instead of taking the chance and trying to sign him outright means they really don't trust Geno.  I really really think Mariota will be selected if he's at #6.

He'd be a good fit in Chan's offense. Well, he could fit in here better than in 90% of the offenses in the NFL I'd say. Eagles obviously would be the best fit.

MedxWKg4_normal.jpeg Brian Costello @BrianCoz  ·  11m 11 minutes ago

The Jets and former Giants OL James Brewer have agreed to a one-year deal, per source. #nyj

With all of the guards we are bringing in I believe we may be converting Dakota Dozier back to LT

as the future replacement for Brick

Dozier's a C/G prospect. Brewer, like Carpenter, has T size just in case Giacomini falls off from already being mediocre during his age 30 season. He was actually a decent T prospect coming out of Indiana at that...

I actually think Dozier will replace Mangold eventually.

More likely it means that Winters and Aboushi are stiffs.

Both of the Ts are worrisome to some degree and in Carpenter and Brewer they've signed two young non-rookies with G/T flexibility. Keep in mind that Giacomini was a floating JAG in the mold of Brewer before becoming a passable starting RT for the Seahawks.

Dozier's a C/G prospect. Brewer, like Carpenter, has T size just in case Giacomini falls off from already being mediocre during his age 30 season. He was actually a decent T prospect coming out of Indiana at that...

I actually think Dozier will replace Mangold eventually.

I think that's Dalton Freeman's job to lose. He looked awesome last year when he started in w17. Dozier & Aboushi playing guard. That leaves us with some question marks at LT & RT. Should be adressed in the next couple years by drafting a tackle high. 1st or 2nd round.

Do we still have William Campbell?  I had hopes he would turn into a tackle prospect.  Ooops. looked it up he is now with the Bills.

If Rex is interested in 2013 and 2014 draft picks no long with the Jets, he is in luck, there's quite a few to choose from.

Remember when Harvin gave Revis fits on that Monday night game in the rain? I'm telling you, if you play well against Rex's defense...that's all it takes.

Why do you think he LOVES the wildcat?... he always struggled to stop it like that Monday night game in 2009 in Miami.

I am not sure when he was picked up by the Bills BUT the fact he is still on the Bills tells ya who was responsible for picking this UDFA in the 6th round.

Remember when Idzik forced Harvin on Rex?

Yep.  Rex is responsible for every bad draft pick from 2009 to present.  Oops, he is also responsible for Gholston.  The Bills signed William Campbell in December of 2014 because they knew they wanted Rex and could entice him with a failed draft pick from his prior position.

Yep.  Rex is responsible for every bad draft pick from 2009 to present.  Oops, he is also responsible for Gholston.  The Bills signed William Campbell in December of 2014 because they knew they wanted Rex and could entice him with a failed draft pick from his prior position.

I would have expected better from you. I was never been anti-Rex or anti-anything. I call it like i see it. The fact that Campbell is still there does carry a strong hint of who might have fallen in love with him.

I would have expected better from you. I was never been anti-Rex or anti-anything. I call it like i see it. The fact that Campbell is still there does carry a strong hint of who might have fallen in love with him.

You would have expected better?  You are not anti-Rex, but you think that the fact that the Bills didn't cut a guy that they signed in December when Rex joined them a month later indicates that Rex drafted him?  Even T0m realizes that is a stupid theory.  The guy is a cheap developmental prospect.  Anybody would be happy to have him on the squad in the offseason.  The question is if he will be worth a roster spot in September. 

You would have expected better?  You are not anti-Rex, but you think that the fact that the Bills didn't cut a guy that they signed in December in January when Rex joined them indicates that Rex drafted him? 

I stand by what I said. That's why i prefaced it with i dunno when Campbell was signed by the Bills. And he is still there.

I would have expected better because you are a regular here. How many times do you recall me saying something anti-Rex ? Just because you criticize someone for something once in a blue moon does not make you anti that person.

You would have expected better?  You are not anti-Rex, but you think that the fact that the Bills didn't cut a guy that they signed in December in January when Rex joined them indicates that Rex drafted him?  Even T0m realizes that is a stupid theory.

The main hole I see is Rex probably doesn't remember who drafted him.

I stand by what I said. That's why i prefaced it with i dunno when Campbell was signed by the Bills. And he is still there.

I would have expected better because you are a regular here. How many times do you recall me saying something anti-Rex ? Just because you criticize someone for something once in a blue moon does not make you anti that person.

I don't care if you are anti-Rex or anti-me.  The simple fact is, that is a statement that is nothing but anti-Rex and not even remotely logical. 

What? So because Rex has been HC all of 2 months & Campbell Is still on the 80 man roster that is an indication he was a Rex pick?

Campbell was liked by the Jets Dir of college scouting Jeff Bauer & OL Coach Devlin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/26/sports/football/jets-lineman-crosses-to-the-other-side.html?_r=0

Archived