Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep.  Rex is responsible for every bad draft pick from 2009 to present.  Oops, he is also responsible for Gholston.  The Bills signed William Campbell in December of 2014 because they knew they wanted Rex and could entice him with a failed draft pick from his prior position.

those crafty buffalo bills. always looking into the future

What? So because Rex has been HC all of 2 months & Campbell Is still on the 80 man roster that is an indication he was a Rex pick?

Campbell was liked by the Jets Dir of college scouting Jeff Bauer & OL Coach Devlin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/26/sports/football/jets-lineman-crosses-to-the-other-side.html?_r=0

They do admit he is a project and yet they picked him up in the 6th round when there was a high chance he could end up being available in the UDFA market and ending up passing on some interesting options. Its not like any of that worked out because in the end Campbell was let go.

I don't care who made the call, it was waste of a pick. I am sure someone will come and say it was a 6th round pick so not a big deal, we could waste a 6th round pick or something along those lines. But does not make sense to me. How can you justify wasting a draft pick.

If Rex is interested in 2013 and 2014 draft picks no long with the Jets, he is in luck, there's quite a few to choose from.

It cracks me up that "Rex had nothing to do with the roster" here, played victim to Idzik while he was trying to save his job, and now he's in Buffalo with obvious sway regarding the roster collecting players that Idzik drafted here. 

You can't beat that type of irony.

It cracks me up that "Rex had nothing to do with the roster" here, played victim to Idzik while he was trying to save his job, and now he's in Buffalo with obvious sway regarding the roster collecting players that Idzik drafted here. 

You can't beat that type of irony.

So, you also think he is the reason that the Bills signed WIlliam Campbell a month before they hired Rex?   Or that it proves he lusts after those Idzik players because they didn't not cut Campbell in the two and a half months he has been there? Yep.  So happy to be in illogical "Rex had nothing to do with the roster" camp.

Whether it is Moore or someone else, this team is still paper thin at WR behind Decker, Kerley and Marshall.  If one of those 3 goes down, we are not much better off than we were last year.  We have 4 guys on the current roster who have never caught an NFL pass (Evans, Enunwa, Walt Powell and Salim Hakim) and two guys (Owusu and Graham) who have about 75 catches between them.

I like the fact that Mac is looking at other experienced WRs -- Moore may not be a great receiver, but he does have 140+ catches in a four year career.  If we can bring in an experienced, cheap vet like Moore or someone else and add a rookie early in the draft, we will be much better off than we are now.

The rookie you want to draft also has never caught an NFL pass.  Evans, Enunwa, Powell, and Owusu are all players with potential, who have been training and developing at the NFL level already, and in Evans and Owusu, there is some ability there that we should be developing and have a chance to fill the #4, 5, or 6 WR roles

So, you also think he is the reason that the Bills signed WIlliam Campbell a month before they hired Rex?   Or that it proves he lusts after those Idzik players because they didn't not cut Campbell in the two and a half months he has been there? Yep.  So happy to be in illogical "Rex had nothing to do with the roster" camp.

I didn't realize Campbell was signed before Rex was hired. So, I spoke too soon on that specific example.

You're still delusional if you don't think Rex had his hands all over our roster over the 6 years, and has the same level of input with Buffalo. 

I didn't realize Campbell was signed before Rex was hired. So, I spoke too soon on that specific example.

You're still delusional if you don't think Rex had his hands all over our roster over the 6 years, and has the same level of input with Buffalo. 

So, you only read your own moronic fights?  You ignore the rest of ours?  That is ******* weak.

He actually seems to have much more input in Buffalo, but I have not been paying too much attention.  How much influence he had under Tannenbaum is up for debate, but if you think he hand-picked the roster that Idzik put on the field for 2014 you are nuts.  The guy wants corners and Idzik gave him Dimitri Patterson. 

So, you only read your own moronic fights?  You ignore the rest of ours?  That is ******* weak.

He actually seems to have much more input in Buffalo, but I have not been paying too much attention.  How much influence he had under Tannenbaum is up for debate, but if you think he hand-picked the roster that Idzik put on the field for 2014 you are nuts.  The guy wants corners and Idzik gave him Dimitri Patterson. 

I copped to my mistake, the rest of this is an argument that has been rehashed and I've won too many times to count. I'll see you in the mock draft. 

What? So because Rex has been HC all of 2 months & Campbell Is still on the 80 man roster that is an indication he was a Rex pick?

Campbell was liked by the Jets Dir of college scouting Jeff Bauer & OL Coach Devlin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/26/sports/football/jets-lineman-crosses-to-the-other-side.html?_r=0

I definitely think it is an indication Rex loves Campbell because the first thing new coaches do when they are hired is look to guys 70 through 80 on the roster (before the draft) and clean house.....(sarcasm added)

By the letter of the law, it's tampering, just like with Woody. I just hate the rule

Think it's a bit different if Kraft came right out and said it, as opposed to a reporter asking him a direct question about a former superstar from his own team, who his (just-fired) GM traded away and then declined re-signing. Putting aside wisdom or stupidity of any decisions and focusing just on the tampering aspect, yes it would also be tampering on paper. But it's also not the same as the proposed "what if" regarding Wilkerson, since Wilkerson isn't a player Kraft really knows (let alone had play for him for half a decade with well-publicized contract news/stories). Woody may be a dope in front of a microphone, and the league wouldn't be wrong in penalizing the team in some way (hopefully just a Woody fine), but I don't think it was a planted Q&A designed to sabotage NE's contract talks with Revis.

“Darrelle is a great player, and if I thought I could have gotten Darrelle for that, I probably would’ve taken him,” Johnson said, via NFL.com. “And it was our best judgment to do what we did. Darrelle’s a great player — I’d love for Darrelle to come back.”

Woody was setting the record straight on making it clear to everyone that the decisions not to bring Revis back was Idzik's. He was speaking in past tense in the entire response, and misspoke in the last sentence. 

The sentence should have probably been spoken as "I would have loved for Darrelle to come back", because that is the sentiment he was expressing and the PR damage he was trying to control. This had nothing to do with making a pitch for Darrelle, this was throwing Idzik under the bus and making sure fans didn't blame Woody.

So it makes sense that Rex who only cares about the defense trades a excellent LB'er for a RB?? Most HC's usually have a good working relationship with the GM (well except for Idzik)..LOL What I find funny is the Rex hating crew just cant seem to let him go. While Rex surely had his faults they make stuff up to add to it by pulling so called facts out of their Butt.. :animal0029: Example when Sheldon was picked it was Rex is a idiot drafting a player who doesn't even fit his defense to great pick by Idzik once Sheldon shined as a player..

So it makes sense that Rex who only cares about the defense trades a excellent LB'er for a RB?? Most HC's usually have a good working relationship with the GM (well except for Idzik)..LOL What I find funny is the Rex hating crew just cant seem to let him go. While Rex surely had his faults they make stuff up to add to it by pulling so called facts out of their Butt.. :animal0029: Example when Sheldon was picked it was Rex is a idiot drafting a player who doesn't even fit his defense to great pick by Idzik once Sheldon shined as a player..

None of this post makes sense in context to what I was saying. None.

The pro-Rex arguments on this site were many, a big theme amongst them was that the HC doesn't touch the roster, which is preposterous, but it was argued here ad nausseum. My comment was a jab at those people who made those arguments. Rex is gone, but the people that I've been part of many discussions with here about him are still here, and there's no reason why not to circle back to the items we disagreed about. If the burden of proof weren't profusely proving Rex haters right, there'd be no outcry for us to "let it go". 

Lame.

Hate to say it but I pretty much agree with him.

Pretty generous, actually. People who hate the Harris contract will hate Cimini's A grade -and I wouldn't go there- but he makes a good point about it showing loyalty. Too often in the Tannenbaum years, Mike would be willing to win a bidding war for any other team's free agent he was interested in, paying for it by cutting the salaries of his existing players. 

None of this post makes sense in context to what I was saying. None.

The pro-Rex arguments on this site were many, a big theme amongst them was that the HC doesn't touch the roster, which is preposterous, but it was argued here ad nausseum. My comment was a jab at those people who made those arguments. Rex is gone, but the people that I've been part of many discussions with here about him are still here, and there's no reason why not to circle back to the items we disagreed about. If the burden of proof weren't profusely proving Rex haters right, there'd be no outcry for us to "let it go". 

Lame.

Probably no one said that the head coach doesn't touch the roster. But why have shades of gray when black and white is such an easier discussion to have? 

Probably no one said that the head coach doesn't touch the roster. But why have shades of gray when black and white is such an easier discussion to have? 

There were absolutely people here that argued that the roster is 100% on the GM, slats. Don't generalize me as one of those black and white debaters, when I've consistently said that the roster is on both the HC and GM. I'm actually taking a dig at the black and white debates that did in fact take place here, quite a bit about this subject.

Pretty generous, actually. People who hate the Harris contract will hate Cimini's A grade -and I wouldn't go there- but he makes a good point about it showing loyalty. Too often in the Tannenbaum years, Mike would be willing to win a bidding war for any other team's free agent he was interested in, paying for it by cutting the salaries of his existing players. 

Move: Re-signing linebacker David Harris

Grade: A

Comment: He was the Jets' No. 1 priority among their own free agents. It was pricey ($15 million, fully guaranteed), but if you're going to overpay, you'd rather do it for one of your own. It shows loyalty.

This is the worst excuse i have read for overpaying. And if he admits it's overpaying how do you grade it an A ?

There were absolutely people here that argued that the roster is 100% on the GM, slats. Don't generalize me as one of those black and white debaters, when I've consistently said that the roster is on both the HC and GM. I'm actually taking a dig at the black and white debates that did in fact take place here, quite a bit about this subject.

And the Rex hating group liked saying every pick was 100% Rex Tanny just bent over for him.. I think the HC and GM work together as a team in most cases.. One that didn't seemed to be the Tuna with both the Giants and Pats who complained about the GM on both teams.. If I have to cook the meal I want to be able to buy the groceries he cried.. :winking0001: It turned out with the Jets he sucked at shopping..

Because showing loyalty is a good thing, at least in Rich's book. It's nice to have guys like that, guys we drafted, guys that have been very productive for us for a long time, guys that will play their first game here and then finish their career here. Like a Ray Lewis, Polamalu and so on. It's nice to have that. I don't totally disagree but I wouldn't just hand people big contracts out of loyalty, that's obviously silly. Harris however wasn't re-signed out of kindness, he was re-signed, because we need a leader in the front 7, somebody who takes charge, calls the plays, runs the defense, has a lot of experience. The few millions we would have saved by letting him walk or offered him less which then would have forced him out, wouldn't make a difference. The big thing was keeping him here. Without him this defense probably doesn't work. The rest of the signings don't have as big of an impact, the entire defense takes a hit. We didn't just invest in one player, I think it was more to make sure the defense as a whole can play at their highest level. I don't think that would have been a possibility without Harris. So who cares, nobody is going to talk about how much money he makes unless he can't get the job done of course.

Archived