Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always liked him as a player. Anytime I watched the Vikings(game or 2 a year) this guy always was making plays. Would like to see him paired on the inside with Harris, moving DD outside to pair with Baesley/Harold/Fowler= AWESOME Defense!!

Drew Boylhart ‏@DrewBoylhart  11m11 minutes ago

Free agent LB Erin Henderson will visit the #Jets. #NFL

Erin Henderson coming in for a visit.  Started 3 years at ILB with the Vikings.  Released last offseason after 2 DUIs.  Out of the game for a year.

Always liked him as a player. Anytime I watched the Vikings(game or 2 a year) this guy always was making plays. Would like to see him paired on the inside with Harris, moving DD outside to pair with Baesley/Harold/Fowler= AWESOME Defense!!

I think this kid need to try and get his life in order instead of focusing on football.

I think this kid need to try and get his life in order instead of focusing on football.

Agreed. If he has two DUIs in that time frame, you have to wonder how many times he was actually out driving drunk.  Heck of a football player, but tough to count on when you're suspended. 

Out of the game for 1 yr. and the loss of $(to the tune of Millions) may have been enough to kelp him realize the privilege it is to play a kids game for big money!! 

Of course, it's up to MacDaddy and Bowles to see where this young man is at. I'd take the risk for little guaranteed money.

EJ one of the best MLB I ever seen on the college level. Flat out dominant at Maryland . Had some strong years for Minnesota but between injuries and limited physical traits he faded out .

Erin Henderson is really athletic can play and has played any linebacker position . Capable of starter so in a backup role he is a solid pick up if he is healthy, in shape, and has his head on straight .

Allow me to explain. If you state something that Jet fans agree with or fell strongly enough about, you will be their Hero. If you take them out of their comfort  zone, you immediately become their enemy. I give you as examples the present and former beat writers of the NY Jets from the NY Daily News.

Thank you!! Not only that, every time Joe Namath says something negative about Geno or someone else it warrants a thread of it's own.  Here he is stating he thinks Geno can win the starting job and all you hear are crickets... 

Thank you!! Not only that, every time Joe Willy says something negative about Geno or someone else it warrants a thread of it's own.  Here he is stating he thinks Geno can win the starting job and all you hear are crickets... 

What the hell are you talking about?  I am a big Geno Smith fan and supporter and I hope he can deliver a Super Bowl I dont start worthless or meaningless threads you have issues. 

Probably because it's not really news.  Namath is correct and just stating the obvious.  If I had to guess it's 60/40 in favor of Geno.  Geno has been horrible at times, but in his 3rd year with actual weapons to use, in an offense more like his college days, he could possibly show some marked improvement.  At least there's some upside with Geno.  Fitz?  Eh, I just see a competent veteran backup who could hold the fort when needed.

With that said, as we get closer to the draft, I'm thinking if Mariota is there at 6, we've gotta take him.  Taking a pass rusher or WR would be great.  Hell even a stud offensive lineman would be cool too.  Even trading away the pick for additional picks would be alright in my book.  Really don't think there's a scenario where I'm not happy with what the Jets decide to do.  Thanks in large part to great FA signings.

But consider taking one of the top pass rushers or WRs...  Awesome!  Now what is probably a pretty decent team just got slightly better.  But would it in any way help us become more of a SB contender?  Nope.  Not the way I see it.  Until we find a franchise QB, the best we can hope for is playoff contention.

We're probably not seeing a top 10 pick for a few years, so we have to jump on the opportunity to get a possible franchise QB now.  Even if he has to sit for a couple years before playing.  Though if we actually do draft Mariota, I'd guess the realistic odds of the starter on opening day being something like 40/35/25 (Mariota, Geno, Fitz).

Failed with Sanchez (though some early success), not looking good with Geno (still slight glimmer of hope), now give Mariota 2/3 years.  If he's no good, try for the next QB in 2018.  If still nothing, try again in 2021...  See where I'm going here?  Just keep trying and take advantage of every opportunity to find a QB.  Always try to field a decent team, but realize it all ultimately falls short until a team finds at least a decent franchise QB.  Any opportunity to grab that prospect should be taken with the understanding that the odds probably aren't in your favor.  Eventually though, hopefully it pays off.

Not really news?  Lol, you are obviously new here.   I am totally clear on all you points as I and few others have been making this argument for some time now.  But a majority of  fans, just KNOW/KNEW Fitz will/would be starting.  Just look at the posts in my thread -     Now of course, Fitz can still win the job but the bottom line is It is Genos' job to lose, and not the other way around.  

What the hell are you talking about?  I am a big Geno Smith fan and supporter and I hope he can deliver a Super Bowl I dont start worthless or meaningless threads you have issues. 

LOL, not you Joe Willy I mean JOE NAMATH.  Do you read the tweet that quoted him?  

Here it is from Kristen Dyer:

Getting Fitzpatrick changes things but Joe Namath thinks Geno can still be a starter for the #Jets: http://www.metro.us/kristian-dyer/jets-legend-joe-namath-don-t-write-off-geno-smith-yet/zsJocy---GEOgIF3345DA6/  via @metronewyork

Apology accepted.  :winking0001:

LOL, not you Joe Willy I mean JOE NAMATH.  Do you read the tweet that quoted him?  

Here it is from Kristen Dyer:

Getting Fitzpatrick changes things but Joe Namath thinks Geno can still be a starter for the #Jets: http://www.metro.us/kristian-dyer/jets-legend-joe-namath-don-t-write-off-geno-smith-yet/zsJocy---GEOgIF3345DA6/ … via @metronewyork

Apology accepted.  :winking0001:

Sorry misunderstood you. Peace

If this is true obviously Maccagnan is behind it.  He's fallen off the face of the earth but what

happened to him???  From 2008-2012 he was producing very good numbers:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/5615/matt-schaub

What's the reason that he went into the toilet?

Seems like his confidence is shot. Maybe he'll recover if he lands on a team that doesn't ask him to do it all by himself. The last few years when there was too much pressure on him he became a turnover machine a la Sanchez, either way we're set with Geno & Fitz.

Archived