Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Todd McShay's latest mock: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/mock/?season=2015&version=4&source=Todd-McShay-Mock-Draft

6) - Randy Gregory - New York Jets (4-12)

Analysis: The Jets could take Kevin White in this scenario, as he'd bolster their receiving corps opposite Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker, but Gregory is a really good fit here. I don't think the recent news of his positive marijuana test is going to affect his stock all that much. He'd had positive tests in college, so it was already a known issue with him, and he's the top pure edge rusher in this class. His lean frame and inability to put on and/or keep weight is a concern, but he's a terror coming off the edge with his explosive first-step quickness and length, and he's stronger than you'd expect for someone his size. In the Jets' talented front seven, he'd be set loose at a 3-4 outside linebacker to get after the quarterback, which is his strength.

Seems like his confidence is shot. Maybe he'll recover if he lands on a team that doesn't ask him to do it all by himself. The last few years when there was too much pressure on him he became a turnover machine a la Sanchez, either way we're set with Geno & Fitz.

Sign him what's wrong with more competition. Geno+ Fitz+ Schaub= protect the football.

6) - Randy Gregory - New York Jets (4-12)

Analysis: The Jets could take Kevin White in this scenario, as he'd bolster their receiving corps opposite Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker, but Gregory is a really good fit here. I don't think the recent news of his positive marijuana test is going to affect his stock all that much. He'd had positive tests in college, so it was already a known issue with him, and he's the top pure edge rusher in this class. His lean frame and inability to put on and/or keep weight is a concern, but he's a terror coming off the edge with his explosive first-step quickness and length, and he's stronger than you'd expect for someone his size. In the Jets' talented front seven, he'd be set loose at a 3-4 outside linebacker to get after the quarterback, which is his strength.

Is McShay on drugs. Does he really think we're going to invest a #6 pick on a guy who very well may be out of football in a few years if he can't get his need to get high under control!!

It could be a Josh Gordon situation all over again. Great talent... no Brains!

Is McShay on drugs. Does he really think we're going to invest a #6 pick on a guy who very well may be out of football in a few years if he can't get his need to get high under control!!

It could be a Josh Gordon situation all over again. Great talent... no Brains!

It's not McShay's ass on the line so what does he care. Plus since its a new/hot topic regarding a NY team it gets people mentioning his mock.

It's not McShay's ass on the line so what does he care. Plus since its a new/hot topic regarding a NY team it gets people mentioning his mock.

Yeah... what an idiotic thing for him to say! I'd stay away unless he's still there in the 2nd round. Then maybe I'd feel the reward to risk might be worth it. But I'd probably still stay away since we have so few picks in the draft.

I don't think the recent news of his positive marijuana test is going to affect his stock all that much. He'd had positive tests in college, so it was already a known issue with him

Yeah... what an idiotic thing for him to say! I'd stay away unless he's still there in the 2nd round. Then maybe I'd feel the reward to risk might be worth it. But I'd probably still stay away since we have so few picks in the draft.

I don't think the recent news of his positive marijuana test is going to affect his stock all that much. He'd had positive tests in college, so it was already a known issue with him

He has to make his 9 different mock drafts, so I think he makes crap up for each one.

McShay has us drafting

a QB

an OLB

next will be a WR

maybe a O Linemen before it's done.

He has to make his 9 different mock drafts, so I think he makes crap up for each one.

McShay has us drafting

a QB

an OLB

next will be a WR

maybe a O Linemen before it's done.

Exactly. All these guys have weekly mocks. Guessing their editors are requiring them to have a mock a week to garner interest. "And change some names every week, will ya".

Pacman did. Maybe Erin has as well.

Pacman is not "rehabilitated." He might have stayed out of trouble to an extent, but I was at the Bucs v. Bengals game in TB this past season. 50 yard line, 15th row, lower level, Cincy sideline.

Pacman was yelled at multiple times by Marvin and the ST coach... presumably for fielding punts with the idea to return when he should have just signaled fair catch. He did it like 3 times. Almost fumbled twice following the instant contact. He ran his mouth back, got benched, none of his teammates seemed to like him at all. I was right there to see the body language of everyone involved. Some were close to needing to be restrained.

He is still a douche.

Pacman is not "rehabilitated." He might have stayed out of trouble to an extent, but I was at the Bucs v. Bengals game in TB this past season. 50 yard line, 15th row, lower level, Cincy sideline.

Pacman was yelled at multiple times by Marvin and the ST coach... presumably for fielding punts with the idea to return when he should have just signaled fair catch. He did it like 3 times. Almost fumbled twice following the instant contact. He ran his mouth back, got benched, none of his teammates seemed to like him at all. I was right there to see the body language of everyone involved. Some were close to needing to be restrained.

He is still a douche.

I remember hearing Gruden say this past season that he hasn't called a fair catch since 2006.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

no buzz or leaks about the jets meeting with mariota ?  Did I miss it ?

I don't even think they let Woody know their thoughts on this one!

This certainly isn't the Rex/Tannenbaum Show anymore. Our entire Draft board would have been published in the Post by now.

31 more days until the pick! Keep the cards close to the vest, draft your stud and move down when you can.

Wish MacDaddy had the 12 picks from last year!

AFC East spending big bucks.

The New England Patriots' cash spending for 2015 is currently at $135.5 million, according to ESPN's roster management system which tracks every contract in the NFL.

The $135.5 million figure ranks as the fourth-highest total among the league's 32 teams.

1. Buffalo Bills -- $148.0 million
2. Philadelphia Eagles -- $142.7 million
3. New York Jets -- $140.6 million
4. Patriots -- $135.5 million
5. Indianapolis Colts -- $134.2 million

Wow..... thanks for ruining my morning. 

In Brady and Becht's defense, they made nice careers for themselves as the extra Tackle/blocking TE.  Both guys played over 10 years.  

What, you dont look for blocking TE's in the first round?  

In Brady and Becht's defense, they made nice careers for themselves as the extra Tackle/blocking TE.  Both guys played over 10 years.  

What, you dont look for blocking TE's in the first round?  

Okay thanks I feel better now. 

Just wanted to thank DaBallHawk for maintaining this thread.

Thanks. Wish more people would check in here first before starting new threads and posting "news" that have been posted here hours earlier. It's like reading everything twice.

Archived